Week 6: Raiders 23 Broncos 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by savaunte, Dec 22, 2010.

1. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

After a heart breaking loss last week, the Raiders looked to rebound and get a needed "W" against the AFC West leading Denver Broncos.

The Broncos got the ball to start the game and looked to set the tone for the day. Behind a good running attack the Broncos were able to break off a nice 69 yard run to set up an 8 yard TD pass from Orton to WR D.Thomas. The Raiders promptly when 3-n-out and gave the Broncos decent field position to start their 2nd drive. Again, the Broncos would pound the ball with Moreno mixing in the pass to keep the Raiders guessing. This is when the game momentum would swing from the Broncos to the Raiders. All-Pro CB N.Asomugha would pick off an Orton pass and returned it too the Raiders 15 yard line. The Raiders offense finally got going and moved the ball mainly through the air with a couple runs thrown in just to keep the Broncos guessing. Campbell would hit WR L.Edelman for a 7 yard TD strike to tie the game at 7-7. Raiders "D" would then get the ball back for their offense with an interception to give the Raiders good field position. Raiders would capitalize with a 23 yard TD catch by Edelman, his 2nd on the day. Raiders 14 Broncos 7 at the half.

Second half was mostly Raiders trying to control the ball and kill the clock. Denver's "D" took the bend but dont break attitude as they stuffed the Raiders on two different red zone drives. Raiders would settle for 3 FGs in the 2nd half, but it was good enough because the Raiders "D" pitched a shut-out for 3 quarters on their way to a huge win over the Denver Broncos.

Final score: Raiders 23 Broncos 7

GG BadaBing See ya in Oakland at the H.O.T

http://xtreme-football.net/index.php?r=scores/gamecenter&lid=31&week=6&season=2011&gid=9109

2. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

GG Sav, I went in telling myself to stay away from Nnamdi, but made the mistake of throwing at him. That ridiculous one-handed interception right before halftime was a killer as well.

You've got my number - we'll go back to the drawing board and try to regroup against NE before the bye week.

Can you please also post this on XFN?

3. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

I would post on XFN if I knew how....lol

I cant find where to type in the game recap

4. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I was about to give a quick tutorial, but looks like you figured it out. Let me know if you have any questions!