Week 6 Saints 16 vs Broncos 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Mar 9, 2011.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jul 29, 2009

Saints Survive Broncos Defense - Improve to 4-2
    New Orleans, LA - Savage Mason Reporting

After taking out the two NFCS leaders in consecutive weeks, the Saints now have to face the Broncos. Broncos are a much better team than their record shows, and the Saints have a whole new respect for their team after this Monday Nighter.

Here's a look at how these two teams matched up:

Saints would win the toss and elect to defer. After a back and forth 1st quarter of both defenses making plays. Hartley would turn a turnover into 3 points with a 31 yard fg to put saints up 3-0.

Saints would take a great punt return from bush, but would move it no where. Hartley would get a 57 yard fg to put the saints up 6-0.

Saints would try and score right before half. Henderson would streak past the cb with 1 on 1 coverage and henderson would make an amazing catch with the cb all over him. 13-0 SAints.

3rd quarter would totally belong to the Broncos as they would pick off Brees 2 times and force 2 bush fumbles. Prater would get a 57 yard fg to get the Broncos on the board. 13-3 Saints.

Moreno would tighten the score with a 1 yard td run after a great pass and catch the play before. 10-13 saints.

Hartley would end the scorin with a 39 yard fg with 4:43 left in the game.

Broncos would drive but the Saints would force a punt. Saints knew they needed a td to put this game away. With a 3rd and 1 and under 2 mins they decided to pass to catch the Broncos very good and fast D off guard. Pass was incomplete and Hartley promptly misses a 57 yard fg, his first of the year. Broncos take over and attempt a great drive. Saints would force them to run out of time inside the 30 yard line.

Saints hold on for the win after a scare late.
    Scoring Summary:

Player & Team Stats on the game:

Great game @Coach_III - you're team is very very good and they make tons of plays. I felt like I made MOST of the right reads and passes and yet your guys still made plays. Thanks for getting it in early and working with me. I really appreciate that.

Player of the game:
    WR Devery Henderson

10 catches for over 100 yards and a td. He made one of the greatest catches all year for the saints only td. Henderson and Brees have reconnected their old connection from yester years. This will be what it takes to bring the Saints back to the promise land.