Week 6 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HotRod, Aug 13, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Feb 11, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Week 6 Scores

In a battle of long time state rivals, #7 FSU gets another big win over a high ranked opponent as they defeated the #4 Miami Hurricanes 38-7.

Defense was the name of the game for the Seminoles who usually win off of their dynamic offense. The offense did start off hot as they easily worked their way down the field on their first drive which culminated with a 28 yard TD connection from Christian Ponder to WR Jarmon Fortson. Florida State then upped the lead to 14 by way of a 5 yard TD run by Jermaine Thomas. By this point of the game, the Seminole defense began to make their mark on the game. The run D was particularly stout forcing Miami to abandon the run early as Graig Cooper could not find any daylight on run plays. In fact, had it not been for a 16 yard run in the third quarter he wouldn’t have had any yards rushing. With the run out of the Hurricane gameplan, the Seminoles were able to key on the pass. Sophomore Greg Reid picked off 2 passes, taking one in for a 52 yard TD. Jacory Harris had trouble finding anyone open in the first half, throwing 3 INTs total. By the time Harris finally got things going the game was already out of hand but even when the Hurricanes worked their way down the field they found t difficult to get into the endzone.

This win marks the fourth win by FSU over a ranked opponent in 6 games and the second against a top 5 team. The team is feeling good heading in a stretch against less talented ACC teams. The Seminoles could be in position to put the rest of the division away soon.
  2. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Jul 27, 2010
    Week 6 Scores

Maryland defeats Clemson 23-20

Maryland's defense secures a 23-20 victory with 6 sacks and a crucial forced fumble in the final seconds of the game.
  3. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Jul 30, 2010
    Arkansas beats Wake on the road 42 to 14.
  4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Feb 21, 2009
    Ole Miss 21
    Auburn 17

Ill post the recap later tonight, but I just wanted to let you know we got this game in.

Good Game King.
  5. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

Jul 31, 2010

I have never wanted to throw my controller through a window as bad as I did in my game vs JCspartan..

Ill just sum it up, with out Cam Newton I am going to try and figure out how to get one more win so I can go to a bowl.

JC blitzed his corners and Neil Cauddle could not handle the pressure, had some opportunities but the offense is geared towards a dual threat not Neil Cauddles pasty awful jelly arm... lol

I did not even look at the xbox the rest of the night

Good Game JC... and whoever plays me next here is my heart...