Week 6 - Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Dec 3, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 6 - Season 1

yippy!!

Hard Advance for Sunday at 1pm central.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    USER TEAM RECORD OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    MurkYa21 #19 Florida State 3-1 @ Boston College W 35-17
    Pappa Perry NC State 4-0 Duke W 50-23
    Jman #21 Maryland 5-0 @ Wake Forest W 34-10
    Spatin #12 Miami 4-0 UL Monroe W 38-0
    dHarvey09 Virginia Tech 2-3 Boston College W 41-3
    Dru50 #7 North Carolina 5-0 Louisville W 38-7
    Dakota7 #9 Nebraska 4-0 @ Missouri W 33-23
    Schmeezil #20 Colorado 4-0 @ #2 Texas L 20-14
    DT31407 Kansas State 5-0 Iowa State W 31-6
    Huronia8 #4 Oklahoma State 4-0 @ Texas A&M W 48-14
    BulgyTexas #2 Texas 4-0 #20 Colorado W 20-14
    Wader49 Texas A&M 4-0 #4 Oklahoma State L 48-14

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Please post general discussion and everything else here...

this dynasty will be boring as hell if no one communicates through these weekly threads.

We've definately got a solid core group of guys...

one question though, why are you choosing not to recruit SPatin? I'm not positive (been busy with TT IV off season), but it is seeming that you aren't very active in the forum either. If you don't reply, then you've basically answered my question.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Agreed Murk. I'll post some more once I get my game in tonight. I have most of my recruiting board in for this game so it should be interesting. Louisville should be a win, but looking back if I knew more about UNC I would have had them all in for Virginia. I had no idea Virginia was a rival of UNC.

Although adding the new VT team now gives me 5 user games (since GT quit right after our game) in the regular season, so I'll really have a struggle to earn a shot at the conference title.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Hey, me and you over the next few days will have to try and hook up in a ranked or unranked game just to see if we can connect. I'll see you online sometime and just ask you real quick. We wouldn't have to play the whole game, just if we can connect, then that's all and we're done.

5. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

I've mostly just been busy with school and work, and haven't had a TON of free time, but I'm going to get this week's recruiting done - I just haven't gotten to it yet. I didn't do it last week because I didn't know we were going to advance so quickly though.

Also, I will be posting a game summary for the UL Monroe game either tonight or tomorrow. Again, I just haven't gotten around to that yet.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Alright, just asking because that is usually an indicator of someone who isn't planning on sticking around long.

You're fine.

7. danielm025

danielm025 "Wreck 'em Tech!"

This OD is the first time I've played with these sliders and I have to say, I enjoy them. In my game against Tech, I was running all over them in the first half. I probably had about 100-110 yards at halftime. I come out of the gate in the second half and they shut my run down big time. When I began to pass, they started to press and blitz. They definitely gave me all I wanted on defense in the second half. I just hope I don't run into a CPU team that does that a whole game! :)

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I haven't been able to run very effectively, but I'm tearing teams up through the air. It's weird because I want to run, but if they are going to put 8 in the box I have to pass.

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Nebraska gets the win over Mizzou, 33-23. More in the game summaries.

10. danielm025

I haven't truly had a problem running. The game I just played was my lowest rushing total but then again I haven't really played a good defense yet. One thing I do notice, it's hard to get to the outside on toss/stretch plays. Oh and the Wildcat formation is worthless...

11. Dru50

The only thing I've noted about the sliders is (as mentioned by daniel) is that running outside is nearly impossible for me. Even if I appear to have the corner, I routinely get run down by a DL that doesn't have an angle on me before I get 4 yards. Part of that could be that my RB's don't have more than 90 speed though.

12. danielm025

I have a two WRs that have 95+ spd and they get run down on the corner as well. So spd really doesn't matter. I think part of it has to do with using the sprint button as well. I don't use the sprint button until my blocks set up outside but the moment I use the sprint button 3 defenders fly off of their blocks and smash me.

13. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I have had some trouble running but I just learned about not hitting turbo right away. I have been doing that in my lab games my totals have really picked up.

14. danielm025

Oh yea definitely.... I do the same thing. It's still hard as hell to run to the outside though.

15. Dru50

Anyone else having issues in pass protection? My line isn't great, but in my game vs Louisville (who defense is rated a C) their line was in the backfield within 1 second on nearly every play, even when they weren't blitzing. I like to run a controlled short to mid range passing game, but with these sliders it is tough because I rarely have enough time to even get to a second read before I'm hit.

16. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

The only thing, to me, that has seemed a bit "tough" has been pass defense. However, I think over the last two games I've solved some of my issues. Before, it seemed like the worst team in the game could pass for over 300 yards on ANY of my defenses, no matter how good. But I think they're OK now.

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Just waiting on the Texas vs Colorado game and then we can advance..

18. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Lemme know when it's in and I'll hop on and advance it.

19. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

We are advanced to week 7. I'll let murk do the official post.

PS: sorry for my lack of updates/etc...I'm with nothing but an iPhone until my new laptop gets in since I killed me other lol...updates on an iPhone would be a biiiiiiiiitch!

20. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Just curious, what is Family Play? I've seen it on there and accidentally turned it on starting my game @UCF so I exited after the coin toss and restarted. I don't know if it actually affects anything, but I assume it must, otherwise it wouldn't be an option. Now I'm just waiting for the Texas/Nebraska game to end so I can get back to playing.

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It makes everything one button on your controller, picks your plays, and who you throw to.

22. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

That sounds unbelievably "weird"... Hmmm... WOW! I'm surprised at how dumb that is.

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It's for families..

:confused: