Week 6: Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bustedukulele, Jan 26, 2011.

1. bustedukulele

bustedukulele Walk On

Post em here

2. bustedukulele

bustedukulele Walk On

Notre Dame 35
    Pitt 14
    After two quick Pitt scores the Notre Dame defense clamped down and shutout the Panthers for the rest of the game. A big part of that was CB Darrin Walls with 4 interceptions and 1 returned for a TD (this dude catches everything that comes his way). The offense got going in the second quarter led by Michael Floyd who had 10 catches for 155 yards and 2 TDs.

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Florida Upends LSU in the Swamp
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. justadude

justadude Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ugly game on offense. Five turnovers kept the game close. For the second week in a row PSU had trouble running the ball. Newsome struggled at times, throwing several errant passes, while Zug and Moye played good games. In the end the offense made enough plays to put up the points to win the game, while the defense played outstanding football, including a goalline stand late in the game.

The goalline stand lead to the most peculiar play in the game. With the ball on its one, PSU give the ball to Green who breaks through for a five yard gain, only to fumble the ball, having an Illinois player pick it up and rumble towards the endzone. QB Kevin Newsome then proceeded to strip the ball at the one, where it bounces into the endzone. PSU FB Suhey falls on the ball in the endzone and a safety is given (If I am not mistaken, with the change of possession and the fact that the ball was stripped on the one and fumbled into the endzone before Suhey fell on it, it should have been a touchback).

OPG: WR Graham Zug 6-82 (4 for first downs)
    DPG: DE Jack Crawford 2 Tackles, 1 Sack, 2 FF

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'll get my game in tonight. Sorry for the delay.

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

A safety is a heck of a lot better than a touchdown, but yeah I believe it should have been a touchback.

7. justadude

justadude Walk On

No, I want to have my cake and eat it too! :)

Of course you are right and my question was more academic than anything else. However, considering I had just held them 4 straight downs and I just broke a run that would have given me breathing room, it was a letdown to fumble the ball away after getting the impression, if only fleetingly, that I had weathered the situation.