Week 6 - Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week 6 - Season 2

HARD ADVANCE FOR FRIDAY 7PM We should be done before that though, ALL CPU GAMES!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Rank User School Home/Away Rank Opponent Notes Result
    Colorado VS Baylor W 24-6
    #14 Florida State VS Wake Forest W 36-34
    Oklahoma @ #3 Texas W 51-29
    #1 Miami @ Duke W 48-0
    Mizzou @ Texas Tech W 34-14
    NC State VS #19 Virginia Tech W 62-23
    #6 Nebraska @ Iowa State W 35-13
    #4 North Carolina VS #22 Georgia Tech W 55-24
    #2 Oklahoma State @ Kansas State W 56-26
    #20 Texas A&M @ Kansas W 36-0

User games wk 6 are....
    NONE! Get Through Em'

Don't forget to POST YOUR SUMMARIES in THIS thread after your games!

2. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

DE Aldon Smith Sets New NCAA Sack Record in Mizzou Win

Texas Tech came out strong defensively holding Mizzou to a quick 3 and out. However they could not get anything going offensively. Washington struggled to run on this tough defence, keeping him fairly quiet after his previous two big games.

Missouri Held a 17 point lead on the Red Raiders 10 yard line. Gabbert poorly red the defence and threw an 89 yard interception on a flat pass red well by the defence. With new life The Red Raiders rallied on the opening drive of the third quarter scoring a quick TD making it a 3 point game.

Gabbert kept composed driving right down field scoring a 10 yard passing touchdown to Woodland to get back a more comfortable lead. In the 4th quarter Texas Tech defence stepped up when they needed to holding Mizzou to a FG keeping it a 2 score game.

The Tigers defence however proved to be too tough. Aldon Smith lead the team with a NCAA record 7 sacks of the teams 12 total. A poorly thrown ball resulted in a pick 6 by Senior CB Munir Prince gave Mizzou the huge lead to seal the game winning 34 to 14

Player of the Game: DE Aldon Smith - 8 Tackles(6TFL), 7 Sacks, 1 FF

Highlight Reel:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4FE5QRRSl8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4FE5QRRSl8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Box Score
    1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH FINAL
    TTU 0 7 7 0 14
    MIZ 7 10 7 10 34

Team Stats
    TTU MIZ
    Score 13 51
    First Downs 14 20
    Total Offence 166 365
    Rushing Yards 23 207
    Passing Yards 143 158
    Turnovers 2 1
    Fumbles 0 0
    Intercepted 2 1

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Im surprised my ranking only dropped by 2. I think I have a legit shot at the NC still considering I play Miami, and will rematch either NC or Miami if I make the conference championship.

cool, lol

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm going to post a 6 game short summary in my team thread and will slowly but surely copy everything over to the weekly threads. We had a few quick advances that threw me off pace along with dealing with the drama filled SFML Fantasy League. Since I got my game in right after the advance and all my other leagues are basically caught up I can do it all this evening more than likely.

5. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I will get my stuff in this evening.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

#6 Nebraska 35
    Iowa State 13

Nebraska turned the ball over 4 times in the first half, giving a lot of life to a lousy team. Latravis Washington got his act together in the second half, going for 340 total yards and 3 total td's. Rex Burkhead ran for 70 and 1 score. The Blackshirts ran 1 interception back for a touchdown as well.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Dont worry about keeping up, and honestly..most likely know one is going to go back and read them. Just post them in your thread.

If you can't get it in for a week don't worry about it, get it the next time, and dont make a habit of it.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Dont worry about keeping up, and honestly..most likely o one is going to go back and read them. Just post them in your thread.

If you can't get it in for a week don't worry about it, get it the next time, and dont make a habit of it.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Dont worry about keeping up, and honestly..most likely no one is going to go back and read them. Just post them in your thread.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

FSU PREVAILS!!!

Florida State some how escapes a near upset!

Wake Forest was quick to score on a 16 yard TD pass where the receiver, D Brown burned the secondary. The ensuing PAT was blocked (yes), and from there FSU rattled off 24 unanswered. However, Wake was able to get in the endzone twice more before half time, and a dropped pass in the endzone by Freshman Bill Ruffin left FSU to settle for a FG just before the half.

Half: FSU 27 Wake 20

3rd Q: FSU 30 Wake 27

In the 4th quarter FSU chipped in yet another field goal to increase the lead to 6 midway through. Barely a minute later Wake turned the pressure up and ultimately took a 1 point lead with a 2 yard TD run by T Bohanon.

With 4 FGs already in the game, it was only fitting for Sophomore kicker Hopkins to get a game winning oppurtunity, and he nailed it!

Final: FSU 36 Wake 34

11. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Hurricanes make Durham, NC look like a disaster area

In an astonishing all-around performance, the #1-ranked Miami (FL) Hurricanes blew through the Duke Blue Devils, 48-0. Most remarkably, the Miami defense held Duke to just 34 total yards. However, tailback Graig Cooper did fail to achieve his third straight 100-yard rushing game (22 carries for 93 yards). Coming off a late let-down by the defense against UCF in which they allowed 14 points in eight seconds late in the game, the Hurricanes rebounded to shutout the Blue Devils. Coach Patin was quite impressed with the turnaround and is looking for more of the same from the team next week against the Florida State Seminoles, a much more formidable opponent, and possibly one of the only teams capable of matching Miami's team speed across the field.

12. Jman

We're waiting on Bulgy and Wader to get theirs in and we'll be ready for week 7 already, nice guys!

One thing though, post! Its not just about playing your game and recruiting, ya gotta be active. Slap a short summary of your game up, talk some shit to Papa (always a good time, he's always good for a little kid with no thumbs comment, right Papa?). We've got a group that gets stuff done on the game, but, you need to be seen here too!

13. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

I've been slackin'. Just got a new j.o.b. But i'm starting to settle in so i'll get back on the grind.

14. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

UNC Defense Dominant

Defense scores 4 TD’s

Chapel Hill, NC- The North Carolina defense continued its dominant play against Georgia Tech on Saturday. The defense forced the Ramblin’ Wreck to commit 5 turnovers. The more impressive feat is that they returned 4 for TD’s.

On the last play of the 1st quarter the Tar Heels returned a fumble 24 yards for a score. With :13 left in the second, they returned an interception for a score. In the 3rd Charles Brown set an NCAA record by returning an interception 89 yards for a TD. And in the 4th the Heels returned another interception for a TD.

The offense struggled on Saturday but the defense was able to bail them out. Mike Paulus struggled in the cold and rainy conditions only completing 9 of 21 passes. And the run game struggled as well. Shaun Draughn scored 2 TD’s, but only had 67 yards on 17 carries. And Ryan Houston carried 18 times, but only came away with 81 yards.

The Tar Heels sideline was packed with recruits taking their official visit. There were 12 players in attendance on Saturday, all of them hold offers from the UNC staff. And there are only 2 prospects that currently hold an offer who weren’t able to attend the game this weekend. Coach Bulgy said he hopes that some of the high school seniors will commit during this coming week.

15. wader49

wader49 Walk On

i can get mine in tonight. sorry guys but tues-thurs is a brutal stretch for me and school with football workouts, assignments, class, etc. Should be before 7 ET or so tonight.

I will also get caught up in game summaries tonight.

16. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

looks like you got your priorities real messed up this time Gary.

17. Jman

I know right? School before NCAA, what the hell are you thinking? LOL:p

It's all good, no worries...yet haha.

18. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

looks like everyone is done with week 6

19. Jman

Will advance when I get home today, they would unfortunately frown onme here at worki if I were to leave my freshmen alone so I can run home and advance my online dynasty lol;)

20. wader49

wader49 Walk On

yeah i had time today at lunch, dominated Kansas, will post summary tonight. Everyone is good to go i think.

21. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

You mean a team record? I returned an 102 yard INT last week :)

22. wader49

wader49 Walk On

Aggies trounce Jayhawks 36-0 in Lawrence

In a game totally dominated by Texas AM, several stars emerged and continues their breakout season. The defense was held to 96 total yards, with 83 of those coming through the air. They only forced one turnover, but managed 4 sacks in the game. The offense mainly consisted of the aggie's lethal running game and their 2 headed monster in Gray and Michael. Running for 253 yards on the day, the carries were spread out to all options, with no player rushing for more than 80 yards on the day. Kansas couldnt do anything to stop the way Texas AM wanted to play.

Stats:
    QB Jerrod Johnson 11-20, 117 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 38 rush yards
    RB Cyrus Gray 57 yards, 0 TD
    RB Christine Michael 68 yards, 1 TD
    RB Brian Stephens 76 yards, 0 TD
    FB Adam Vela 2 yards, 2 TD
    WR Terrence McCoy 40 yards, 1 TD
    DE Von Miller 4 sacks
    S Harris 1 INT, 1 TKL

big game against mizzou next week.