Week 6 - Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week 6 - Season 3

Post later...sleep now.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

At least now I have some sweet CPU time to try and get to know my team finally. It was a trial by fire vs Cole last week, as I had about 20 minutes to look at the roster before we played.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

#9 Nebraska 35
    #8 Mizzou 38

This was one of those games where it was just gonna be who scored last. Oh, and turnovers. Big shocker here, I threw the pick 6.......lol. Cody Green was outstanding the whole game, exept for 1 throw....one of those "hit my arm and the ball popped up" throws. I should just take the sack....ugh. Anyway, I had the lead at half, 28-21. We went scoreless in the third. Mizzou tied it on a 20 yard pass. Then Green threw the pick...awesome. The Huskers went down the field, scoring on a 14 yard Rex Burkhead scamper. The Tigers got the ball back with about 3 minutes left, Wellar was gonna run the clock out and play OT or he was gonna kick a field goal....but I wasn't getting the ball back. He ran the playclock down every play, and I couldn't stop him. He hit a 38 yarder as time expired for the win. Good game man.

4. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Missouri Squeeks Out Another Close One Against Nebraska

Both teams came out extremely strong offensively with 3 straight scores. Jones caught his 7th TD reception of the year to open the scoring but Robinson tied it back up running all the way down the field successfully. The Tigers finally forced a long field goal attempt which came up short.

With a slight scare in the second half Blaine Gabbert went down and was slow to his feet. He sat on the bench for the rest of the quarter with a bruised knee. M. Sharp got his first playing time in a close game and he certainly kept his composure, throwing 4 for 4 for 56 yards. Gabbert had an alright day throwing 15 of 28 for 203 yards and 2 TDs. With Nebraska keying in on the passing game late in the game Missouri relied on Devion Moore to catch them off guard. He rushed for over 100 yards and 1 TD.

All tied up in the 4th quarter Nebraska had the ball with roughly 6 minutes left and the first real mistake of the game was made. With great pressure Nebraska was forced to make a bad pass which was INT by former OLB Gooden. With great speed Coach Wellar could not leave him as a backup his entire career so he switched to corner for this reason. His second INT return for a touchdown to give Missouri the one TD lead. Nebraska would then have a great drive of their own toping off with a 20 yard TD run by Burkhand.

The Cornhuskers simply left too much time on the clock, with just over 3 minutes left The Tigers confidently marched down the field chewing the clock setting up Groza winner Ressel with a 39 yard field goal attempt, a chip shot for him. As time expired the ball passed through the uprights giving Missouri once again the one field goal lead and the game.

Great game Coach Dakota, look forward to another close one next year.

Key Stats:

QB B. Gabbert - 15/28, 203 Yards, 2 TD, 0 INT
    HB D. Moore - 101 Yards - 28 ATT, 1 TD
    WR W. Kemp - 6 REC, 90 Yards, 1 TD
    CB Z. Gooden - 8 TACK, 1 INT, 1 TD

Box Score
    1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH FINAL
    NEB 7 21 0 7 35
    MIZ 14 7 0 17 38

Team Stats
    NEB MIZ
    Score 35 38
    First Downs 20 20
    Total Offence 489 371
    Rushing Yards 171 112
    Passing Yards 318 259
    Turnovers 1 0
    Fumbles 0 0
    Intercepted 1 0

5. dakota7

Not me........I wanna kick your ass by about 30........lol

good game

6. Dru50

Virginia Tech - 51
    Michigan State - 7

Virginia Tech goes on the road vs a struggling Michigan State team and comes out victorious. Coach Dru elected to change the teams playbook to Michigan's prior to this game since we really didn't have an opportunity to do any analysis of the team prior to our game vs UNC. This playbook worked much more effectively for Ju Ju Clayton and the WR's, as Clayton put up 321 on 21-32 passing with 2 TD's and an INT. R. Williams and D. Evans split the carries (14 a piece) as Williams had 83 yards and Evans picked up 65 yards. Both backs scored 2 TD's. 7 WR's caught at least 2 passes with D. Coale and J. Boykin leading the way with 4 catches and over 90 yards each.

The defense was stout, giving up only 5 first downs and 167 total yards.

Highlight - A nice motion option pass for a TD to J. Boykin.
    [youtube]i_aNG5NnhV4[/youtube]

Player of the game - Ju Ju Clayton

Up next - A bye week before a meeting with undefeated Clemson.

7. Jman

Nice Dru, whooping ass already...sweet touch pass though. I can't do that to save my ass on this years game...pisses me off.

8. Dru50

Thanks man, first time I've ever been able to hit the streak on the motion option pass, usually I get sacked or have to hit the short crossing route.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Is this FSU vs Mia week?

When can you play DJ?

10. Jman

Nope, not this week. FSU has Wake this week.

I'll update that damndable first post here in just a bit.

Its just me, you, and DJ left with games. Way to go on the user games this week fella's!

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'll get mine right now..

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Florida State beats Wake Forest, no injuries

Florida State was able to get a victory without any serious injuries. Backup HB Lonnie Pryor was shooken up at one point, but was replaced by Ty Jones.

It looks like #1 CB, Sophomore Jeff Montoya will make the start against Miami, but may not be returning kicks.

The defense played pretty good, giving up only 14 points. Montoya's replacement, redshirt Junior AJ Alexander had a big game leading the team in tackles, and blocking a punt in the endzone.

Redshirt Junior QB EJ Manual was 17 of 27 for 230 yards with 3 TDs and no INTs. Junior HB Chris Thompson led the rushing attack with 55 yards on 9 carries and a TD. Also, Senior TE Beau Reliford had 4 receptions for 73 yards and 2 TDs.

13. Jman

DJ and I are left. I'll play mine in the morning and hopefully we can advance tomorrow for sure. Haven't heard-from/seen DJ in while?

I promise I'll get everything updated in the morning, the lure of 36 holes of golf was too much to say no to today and now its QT with the wife time.

14. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

you gotta get your priorities straight dude, ncaa > wife...

15. dakota7

Golf? There's snow on the ground

16. Jman

Wife=Med-Student=Soon-to-be-doctor=Jman @ home and not working.

I think I'll kepp her first, at least until she's done with school. ;)

70 here yesterday and 68 today. Not to mention, if its above 44 degrees with no snow, I'm waling as many holes as I can. :D

17. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

when can you play jman? im free between 1-5 on sunday and all monday if we advance tomorrow

18. Jman

Tomorrow would be tuff for me then. Monday about 8ish central would be sweet though?

19. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

yeah im off mondays so thats cool

20. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Im sorry busy week ill get it in now

21. Jman

I was just about to look for you lol.

No worries, I'm about to know mine out to.

Advance eminent after we're both done.

22. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

DJ, play right after then?!!?!

23. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Ure y not murk.....

Miami blows out duke 61-14

In a game that was 58-0 early in the 3rd ended up being closer thanks to miami late fgs and 4th qtr punts to hold back the hungry offensive onslaught..

Miami had 619 yards of offense, 389 passing 230 rushing.. A dominating performance before playing a dominate fsu team