Week 6 Season 4

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Feb 1, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

HUGE MATCHUPS THIS WEEK:

#5 UCLA @ #4 Washington

#10 Cal @ #7 Oregon State

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

-Cougars- you know we roll deep, we just play each other so much and you've had my number lately. It was a GG, I let it slip away. No matter what pass D I called you could pick it apart, helped you come back with ease.

3. fuzzyl0gic

It didn't matter because I knew when I got the ball back with 2 TOs and ~30 seconds left and down by 3, I knew I was going to lose. I can't pass against you, it's fucking sad. I'm going to lab, but it doesn't help much when the competition doesn't have your stick skills.

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

My stick skills got shutdown today. I tried to user to stop those runs, that didn't help at all. Your Oline killed my Dline and there was nothing I could do about it lol. You killed me through the air last season in OC but you can run for sure so if we meet again you may dominate my young defense.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

6. fuzzyl0gic

Not top 10 at least, but you guys still count! :cool:

7. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Is it cuz I'm black lol... jk

8. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

For anyone who wants to see Utah plow through Southern Cal tonight, I will be broadcasting it at 9:10 CST.

9. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Colorado 48
    Arizona St. 14

Coming off a big rivalry win over Colorado St., the Buffaloes came out firing on all cylinders against the Sun Devils. After losing their coach earlier this season, it looked like the Sun Devils had no fight in them. Nick Hirschman had another unbelievable day for the Buffaloes going 14-18 for 258 yards and a touchdown while throwing no interceptions. Tony Jones had 77 yards and 2 touchdowns, while Malcolm Creer had 8 carries for 60 yards and a touchdown. The transfer QB had a rushing touchdown for 39 yards out on a speed option play when he got in the game at the end. The 16th ranked Buffaloes move to 5-0 on the season and 2-0 in Pac 12 play.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Washington State 41
    Arizona 10

Washington State gets a nice victory on the road against Arizona, and improves their record to 4-1. Redshirt Senior QB Connor Halliday threw for 368 yards on 15 out of 30 completions with 5 TDs and 1 INT. <<< This dude still sucks, I hate him.

The defense showed up again, and besides one score before the half they were able to hold Arizona in check most of the game. Senior DE Cory Coe recorded the teams 3 sacks on the day. His pressure along with some others allowed the rest of the defense to come up with 5 interceptions as well.

GG

11. IrishBearcat

MNoffke and I might play late tonight. If not, we'll play tomorrow evening.

12. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Quick recap as im headed to sleep. USC was by FAR the toughest game of the season to date. their defense was killer. But My defense was better.after a scoreless first, USC hit a lucky hail mary jump ball to go up 7-0. Heisman candidate Shawn Dangerfield did what he is becoming known for with another pick 6 to tie it up. USC responded with another score to go up 14-7. a big time goal line stand for USC lead Utah to a FG from the 2. Finally finding some offense, Newton slipped around the outside and scored on a long run to go up 3. But USC got their FG to tie it up. After Utah failed on offense again, their punt went all the way to the 1 inch mark before stopping. and it didnt take long for Eric Rowe on a safety blitz to make the safety! USC had a FG opp with abotu 2 min left but were called for a false start. the kick then went just left. I held onto the ball the rest of the way and ran out the clock. touch game, big win

13. IrishBearcat

I was simply highlighting that we had 2 top 10 matchups this week, of course Zona v WSU was important. Solid win!

GG MNoffke, he whipped me pretty good. Lost my starting RB Goode on the first possession for the game and the backups never got it going. QB tossed 3 picks which didn't help either. We'll be excited to host OSU next season! :)

14. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

OSU 37 - CAL 17

After losing to CAL for the past 3 years, OSU knew that this would be their year, especially playing at home.

The game started off with a 3 and out by OSU. CAL got the ball back and the second play of the game CAL's RB Goode was knocked out of the game. OSU picked off the ball on the very next play and brought it back to the 9 yard line. Several plays later OSU punched it in by RB Jackson. The first half was a very defensive game as CAL was only able to get a FG and OSU added two more FG's to their lone touchdown to make it 13-3 at the half.

To start the second half on their first defensive possession OSU picked six CAL. On the next series CAL went to the air and was able to drive down the field for a score. CAL kicked off to Agnew and he took it to the house uptouched. Then OSU kicked off to Johnson and he took it to the house.

On OSU's next offensive play after the kick return by Cal. QB Mannion hiked the ball and saw a hole up the middle. He tried to escape the pocket but was hit by a defender but he broke free, saw a wide open TE Perry on a post route. Perry cut in front of the defender and got the ball at its highest point, got a block from the WR and took it to the house. This pretty much took all the gas out of CAL. OSU added a late FG to make it a 37-17 final score. It was a huge win for OSU.