Week 6 - Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 17, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 6 - Season 5

we are advanced...

Hard Advance for Monday/Tuesday night

2. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Kent State vs. FCS Butthole

Kent State vs. FCS. Need I say anything else?

Offensive POTG: 3rd string HB Titus Hines: 7 carries, 133 yards, 2 TD
    Defensive POTG: Everybody! The D scored 3 TAINTs and the special teams chipped in 2 TDs.

3. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Yo J....Hope you had fun....Hit me up with a message on here or XBL when you wanna play tomorrow.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Anyone else wanna get a summary up!!!?

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

lol....It feels naked with no write ups....

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

not near an xbox or else Id do a write-up about my game with nebraska. I lost my 1st and 2nd string QBs... and my 1st string HB early. I had to change my entire gameplan. Kept turning the ball over and everyone, on both teams, kept getting injured. Fumbled and threw picks... it was a mess, but Tech pulled through and put up the points. Path to Purdue is looking pretty winnable at this point. ill do a better write-up tomorrow.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I was all set to do my write up Sunday morning but there was no thread :) York is slackin'.

#23 USC 9 @ Arizona 21

[​IMG]

Bear Down!

This game should have been more lopsided really. My defense was ridiculous in this game. The entire first half was just 3 and out after 3 and out on USC. We went up
    14 - nil on two long drives and got the ball back after a turnover with about a minute left in the first half at mid field and in typical Troy fashion we went for the playaction deep ball on first down and got picked off. USC took it down and kicked a field goal to make it 14-3. The rest of the game was kind of a battle of attrition until USC scored late in the 2nd half to make it 14-9 (missed the 2pt conversion) we then traded possessions about 4 times until I jumped a slant route with my roving LB (y) got the pick around mid field then set out to run the clock out but, with about a minute left USC had me at 4th and inches from the USC 35. I went for it, but threw another play action completely catching the Trojans off guard, scored a TD, and that was game.

Players of the game:

Offense Chris Hamby 135 total yards from scrimmage 2 td's

Defense Sam Huff 9 tackles, 1 for loss and 1 sack.

Next week is another bye week, then we get into the teeth of our Pac 10 schedule.

8. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'll look to get mine up tonight when I get home. I don't think the thread was up after I finished my game, and this weekend has been pretty busy for me.

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Ok guys I am sorry about the lack of write up. I am on day 7 of 9 straight days I have been on live but for only a short time each night. It seems once we advanced I couldn't get on my wife has been buggin lately about quality time because of work and I know everyone but Murk knows what thats like.(You don't have a girlfriend there is no way. lol)
    I should not have told Troy I would do it. I got too much on my plate. I will do week 7 tonight and have it up by morning. My game should be in by 9:00 tonight.

10. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Hello hello hello! I'm set to land in Tulsa at 10pm central so I won't be in tonight until 1115ish central time. We can go tomorrow though (Tuesday) at pretty much any time after 6pm central.

Thanks for everything while I was gone fellas, yet another reason I love the group we've got here!

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

1. You don't owe me an explanation! I was just busting your chops, and I know all too well what that talk about quality time vs. xbox sounds like...trust me.

2.If you don't/can't do the weekly write ups maybe we can find one of these other freeloaders, er.........group members to pick up the slack? ;)

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

J, you owe a thanks to Emmdotfrisk and Papa Perry

York, wow. Just wow.

13. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

J....I can play tonight still if youre up for it, its up to you though...Just let me know.

14. Jman

There's just no way 1ke, we'll have to go tomorrow. It'll already b too late and I have to open the weight room in the morning and I still haven't dine my lesson plans for tomorrow haha.

Sorry!

15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

All good J....Cool tomorrow it is.

P.S. Yesssssss I didnt wanna stay up that late anyways...lol...Im puttin a movie and takin my ass to sleep early tonight.

What time you thinkin tomorrow, Ill be home from work around 6 central and will be good anytime after that.

16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]@[​IMG]
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Texas A&M 0 14 9 6 29
    Colorado 7 10 7 8 32

CU GETS TESTED AT HOME!!

The University of Colorado came away with a 32-29 victory here in Folsom Field Saturday night in front of a rowdy sold out crowd. The Buffs came from behind and scored the go ahead touchdown with 15 seconds remaining when FR RB John Harris capped off a 3 TD performance with a 3 yard run to pay dirt. The Buffs ran for 194 yards as a team Harris had 138 by himself while FR FB Brad Flowers had several 3rd and short conversions that helped keep drives alive. The Aggies had a decided advantage in yards gained yet turned the ball over at crucial times. The Buffs D managed 3 INT's 2 of which came in the A&M end zone. On defense CU was lead by CB Derrick Richards who had 11 tackles on the day with one of the end zone INT's. CU moves to 4-1 on the young season and looks ahead to a trip to Austin next week. This young team seems to be on a roll and with two more wins could be headed to a bowl.

17. Jman

After 6 central will be great 1ke. I'll be on/around.

18. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Auburn vs Army was worthless and not even on TV.

I punted the ball more in that one game than I think I did all last season. My kicker even missed an extra point. Final score 20-0.

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We should be good to go.....

Should I do the thread for next week, or do you got it york?

20. Jman

1ke and I are having to play a bit later. He got swamped with some serious homework and I am typing this on my phone sitting at our HS's district wrestling duals. It will be in tonight, we promise.

21. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

what time?

22. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Another game where UCLA can't put together a solid performance on both sides of the ball. Luckily, the offense came to play and the Bruins walked away with a 49-37 win against Cal. The Bruin defense refused to tackle and, at times, refused to cover receivers. The bright spot was that the Bear defense couldn't see straight with all the speed the Bruins brought at them this week. When starting QB Richard Brehaut went down for a 2 quarter stretch, freshman QB Adam Brown stepped in nicely and threw a 64 yard TD strike on his first pass.

The second half saw the regular Bruins D show, giving up only 3 points after the break. Coach Parrothead refused to talk to the media this week saying only, "I'll speak to you guys again when my team starts listening to EVERY DAMN WORD I HAVE TO SAY!" Needless to say, the UCLA locker room was not a fun place to be after this one. Thankfully, the Bruins have a bye this week as they prepare for a home game against Notre Dame.

Players of the game:
    Offense: WR Stanjarivus McKay, 7 catches for 171 yards and 2 TD's
    Defense: Nobody after a performance like that.