Season 1 Week #6: Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Ryty, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

BUCKEYES CRUISE
    Ohio State Slams Nebraska 27-6
    [​IMG]
    COLUMBUS, OH -- Ohio State came into this game riding high after a huge victory over Michigan State the week prior. On the other end of the spectrum, we had Nebraska. Last week, they were soundly defeated by a hungry and determined Wisconsin team 31--7. Would Nebraska be able to rebound from that ugly defeat and take down Ohio State in the Shoe?
    The answer appeared to be evident early on as Taylor Martinez once again was unable to move the Nebraska offense. Fortunately for the Huskers, the Nebraska defense was up to the challenge. After one half, the Buckeyes lead 6-3.
    The second half would be a completely different story. The Buckeye offense would finally get rolling. Braxton would lead two 3rd quarter touchdown drives including a 31 yard TD pass to Jake Stoneburner and a 42 yard TD pass to Philly Brown to give the Bucks a 20-6 lead after 3. The 14 point lead to end the 3rd was more than enough. Martinez would continue to struggle in the 2nd half and would finish the day with only 67 yards passing and -28 on the ground (sacked 6 times).
    Offensive Stats
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

SWAMP PEOPLE
    THE BOYS FROM THE BAYOU ARE COMFORTABLE IN THE SWAMP
    LSU WINS 52-35
    [​IMG]
    The Florida Gators were feeling sorry for themselves but the LSU Tigers did not care. Florida now has lost two games in a row at home and are at the tipping point for the 2012 season. They will have to win out to have a chance at an SEC East title. Easier said than done with UGA, South Carolina and Missouri waiting ahead. jacoby Brissett decided to challenge the Honey Badger early and the Gators paid. 2 picks in the first quarter and one of those were worth 6 points. Tharold Simon would not be out done on the other side picking off a pass and returning it for a score also. Brissett threw 4 pick in total. Jeff Driskell got some burn and threw two td passes, put the Gator defense had no answer for the LSU offense so a comeback attempt was out of question.

3. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

sdid22, that looked like a tough game. Just browsing through the stat sheet and game summary, it looked like the way my Minnesota game felt. Every time I thought I had them at a spot where they had to work for it, they came up with a big play. Had they been any better of a team, and been able to put together a couple drives and stops, I am 100% sure the score would have reflected yours.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I was not supposed to beat them and somewhat glad the game played out the way it did. Taught me that with a team like I have vs a power house I need to shorten the game rather than go all John Wayne. My hate for the Honey Badger led to early bad decisions and it set the tone for the rest of the game. Kids good . . . SMH

Should have known better​

• Like Like x 1
  5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Yeah that's the way I felt with Purdue. They just had the game in their hands and I couldn't take it out. I made one stupid mistake trying to throw for a TD instead of securing 3 points with a FG. Sadly, I lost by 3 in the end. It also didn't help that Denard got a huge 50+ yard run on the first drive and exited the game with a concussion. No time to pass and their defensive backs were on it. Big loss that hurts because we shouldn't lose those types of games. However, they were ranked 25 and playing at home with a 4-0 record.

• Like Like x 2
  6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Earlier in the season I stated that Purdue sucked. I currently retract that statement. Especially since I have a B1G generated rivalry with them now. No need for anymore bloodlust on the message boards with OMHR.

• Like Like x 1
  7. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Terbush put in work and Bolden the RB? Killed me

8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Bolden is a beast. I remember Diddy using him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Yeah, Bolden himself nearly beat Penn State last season at the Beav. He ain't no joke.

10. BG

BG On The Rize!

Tigers Easily Handle Yellow Jackets

Tigers coast to a 24-6 win in Rivalry Game.
    [​IMG]
    DEATH VALLEY- The Clemson Tigers cruise to a comfortably win against the Yellow Jackets of Georgia Tech. The biggest surprise in the game was Clemson's ability to contain the Tech rushing attack. The Tiger defense relinquished only 98yds on 25 carries; holding their first team this season to under 100yds rushing. On the offensive end, Clemson's HB Andre Ellington rushed for over 100yds for the first time this season. He rushed for a game high 188yds, but failed to reach the endzone. Next up for the Tigers; THE DREADED BYE!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

im flying in il2, then ill hook up the ps3 and roll it

12. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Impressive

Texas A&M tops Ole Miss in convincing fashion 34-7.
    JUL 2112:42AM

Previous
    Next

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] MISS

[​IMG] TAMU

1ST DOWNS​
    14 23
    3rd down conversions​
    5/13 4/11​
    4th down conversions​
    0/3 2/3
    TOTAL OFFENSE​
    344 545
    PASSING YARDS​
    244 391
    Completions/Attempts​
    16/37 19/29
    Yards Per Attempt​
    6.6 13.5
    RUSHING YARDS​
    100 154
    Rushing Attempts​
    23 41
    Yard Per Rush​
    4.3 3.8​
    PENALTIES-YARDS​
    1-5 2-20
    TURNOVERS​
    1 2
    Fumbles Lost​
    1 2
    Interceptions Thrown​
    0 0​
    POSSESSION​
    10:56 17:04

13. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Kentucky outguns Mississippi State in Lexington
    The Bulldogs' red zone blues is a cause for concern
    [​IMG]
    Capture.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    ===PLAY OF THE GAME===
    Marcus Caffey intercepts Tyler Russell and tacks on a score for the Wildcats late in the 2nd quarter.
    ===PLAYER OF THE GAME===
    [​IMG]
    La'Rod King
    6 rec, 198 yards, 3 TDs​
    All 3 TDs came on screen passes like seen below:​
    ===NOTABLE STAT===

Mississippi State Red Zone: 7 attempts - 2 TD - 2 FG (57%)
    Kentucky Red Zone: 2 attempts - 1 TD - 1 FG (100%)​

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  14. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Some things never change with the INT's 'eh HackGolfer.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Terrapins Outlast Demon Deacons
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Player of the Game: HB Justus Pickett - Maryland - 17 Car, 91 Yards, 1 TD, 4 Rec, 92 Yards, 1 TD​