Week 6 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bogey21, Mar 23, 2009.

1. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Week 6 Summaries

Lost a heartbreaker. Leading the whole game, running the clock out at the end I get stopped on 1st and 2nd down, try to get fancy and call play action, pick 6 103 yards, I lose by 6, the worst lose I have ever taken.

2. Very nerve racking game at first. I kicked off. Allowed a long run on their first play. I drove down and scored. The following kickoff they ran back for 6. 14-7 A&M and then the flood gates opened.

Week Six
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    [​IMG]
    vs. [​IMG]
    OSU (4-1)
    Texas A&M (0-4)

Box Score
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    OSU​
    7​
    20​
    20​
    14​
    61​
    Texas A&M​
    14​
    0​
    0​
    7​
    21​

Game Statistics
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    OSU​
    Texas A&M​
    First Downs
    19​
    9​
    Total Offense
    493​
    279​
    Rushes-Yards
    41-227​
    21-179​
    Comp-Att-TD
    16-22​
    8-19​
    Passing Yards
    266​
    100​
    3rd Down Conv
    7-10(70%)​
    1-8(12%)​
    Turnovers
    1​
    5​
    T.O.P.
    16:14​
    7:49​

3. Tough loss Bogey. I feel ya man.

4. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

MIZZOU DROPS TWO IN A ROW​

No surprise here, Coach PK is in a nasty funk and it's showing on the scoreboard...

The first quarter was really tight, good D on both sides, and a tied game...from then on out it was a bad...The cheezeheads traveled from Green Bay to Lincoln to cheer on Coach RaveDown.

Oh yeah, RAVEDOWN obviously can't read because he doesn't follow our rules and won't answer messages during or after a game on LIVE...nice...I especially liked how you booted me from your friends list right after the game...nice touch indeed...

5. Save vids?

6. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

The only message you sent me during the game was when I scored on the 99 yd pass play, when you sent me the message "dude no need to be gay and run up the score."

What was I supposed to do, run the ball with the chance for you to tackle my RB for a safety? I had already been stopped for no gain or negative yards a couple of times already.

I audibled out of my run because it looked like an all out blitz and it was. I hit my slot guy on seam route who was manned up with no saftey help and I took it to the house.

I did not want to run up the score. That was your fault for gambling with an all out blitz to get a saftey and you got burnt.

MazzMan took me off his FL after we played and I did not come on here and complain about it.

7. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

First off it wasn't an all out blitz...

Second, you took control of your WR and speed burst to the user catch...there was another guy there, you just blew by him on the user catch...

Anyways, there was more than one message. I sent you another message after that telling you that you really needed to read the rules...Did you answer me back...NOPE...

Lastly, you ran the same D ALL GAME LONG...moved different players on D, especially the safeties, and ran the same plays on O...The same zig zag post play...just when I game plan for something different...BAM...my bad I just play against that one play right?

I also appreciated the courtesy too...I waited for you to move, shift, move, user move again, and you didn't for me...it's all good...be that way dude...

You can have your W...I know I didn't play as good as I could but you have no defense against the crap you pulled. I just want you to not do it to someone else.

By the way, ask anyone that knows me, I can take a loss like a man and I am a good sport. I just don't like agreeing to rules why other people break them. I don't play these leagues so I can brag about W's, I do it because I enjoy it.

This is where I'm gonna shut up and just finish the season out.

8. PK is a SIM baller and a good guy. I dont know RaveDown nor played against him but from what I know about PK he has earned the right for me to believe every word he says,

9. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

How is it cheesy that I manually took control of my WR and user catched it? I'm sorry but that is not cheese.

In your original post you acted like you sent me multiple messages during the game, in which you only sent one. There was no reason to respond to that message because I could tell you were pissed and there was nothing I could say to change that. I did not respond to the message after the game because I figured you would post on the forums by your messages you sent me and it's easier to type with a keyboard then to try to send text messages using my controller over XL.

No, I did not run the same D all game long. I only use the 3-4 and sometimes 3-2-6, the other formations I do not like any of the plays in them. Why should I switch up the plays I am calling on defense if they are succesful? That would make no sense at all to call a differnet play call just for the sake of it. It's your job to make me call different plays, but your passing game did not require me too.

I only moved a player ONCE that I did not end up controlling and that was on ONE goalline play. This is something I usually do alot more when I play friends or in other leagues. This is something I have only done TWICE in two user games and after I have done it I remeber the rules and don't do it again.

The rest of the time all I did was hot route players. I do align them by hitting Y and then left on the left analog stick, never did I move anyone manually except for that one play.

Zig zag post play? I do not know what your are talking about. I throw all passing patterns, comebacks, corners, posts, square-ins and drags. It sounds like I was smart at play calling becuase you did not know what to run on D.

I'm sorry but I did not think you were giving me time to set up D. I just figured you take a while at the line of scrimmage. I would have done the same if I had known that.

I'm here to have fun playing sim games. You keep suggesting that I'm just here for the Ws, but I don't come on here and gloat when I win.

10. I was not there but I have to give both guys props for coming out to talk about it.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

No need to bring the cheesheads into this. They are good people who treat others fairly.

12. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

zig zags plays are when you manually control your WR and move him around before the user catch to get the boost past the defender, and also, on any pick dude you zig zagged around taking advantage of the lousy a.i. just trying to get guys to get sucked up...That's not SIM...

13. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Thank you Ravedown for addressing this. It just seems as though we may need to tighten things up a bit thats all. Im really glad we got this out into the open and this is what need to happen to make a league successful. User catch is a huge debate in TT, I added a few links to other leagues that are going through the same thing that we are here. And PK55 is in one of these leagues so he knows this is a hot issue. I feel we have some great guys in this league so lets just tighten things up a bit and go forward.

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532&highlight=user+catch

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=811&highlight=user+catch

Ravedown, I know you feel you did not do anything wrong but you are walking a fine line my friend, and believe me I know there are really worse garbage things that the stuff you pulled, but a rules is a rule, and you broke them. Im docking you 4 RECRUITING HOURS next week and hopefully this is a dead issue and we can move forward.

In the future please send me a private PM if you have issues with a user, and try to back up some of the stuff with video evidence.

14. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

So I'm losing 4 recruiting hours for two plays in two user games that had no effect on the game?

Half of the fun is being able to user control your players. If I wanted to just call plays I would play NFL Head Coach.

User defense has a HUGE advantage over user catching because of the strafe button. So it's fine that you user control your defender and pick/swat my pass but I can't switch to my WR and make a catch? Come on. If stick/user skills are frowned upon I'll leave because I won't enjoy playing the games and rest of you can enjoy yours.

15. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

your being docked the time for the way you handled the whole situation, not communicating (poor sportsmanship) and moving multiple guys before the snap which you said yourself you did.

In no way are you being penalized for the user catch stuff, thats not a rule. I want you in this league and I agree with you that stick skills are part of the game. And I also think you pose a good challenge, but Im not going to argue about it with you, take it or leave it.

16. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    User catch is not illegal. If you want to defend it, user control your DB and and pick it off /knock it down.

Playing the 5-2 the entire game isn't as illegal as it is dumb. I wish someone would do that to me as I would torch them to the tune of around 500 yards passing.

However, if you audible on offense from the 1 yard line like you did, you need to allow the defense to adjust to your call. This is in the rules and you can be penalized for this. Moving multiple players on Defense or moving one player and switching to another is also against the rules.

Those user catch links are in the OFFL leagues. They aren't necessarily law in the Tradition Leagues. If this is a rule you guys would like to impliment it would take a 3/4 majority vote from your league. All absent voters vote against change.

17. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

You can control your WR AFTER the catch, that's what he's talking about.

18. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Just want to clear up one thing...I DO NOT RUN THE 5-2! It's a stupid defense that is never/rarely used in real life.

19. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Okay, then what D did you run that had 5 defensive lineman, your LB's spread out and you moving the safeties? If I'm mistaken and it's not the 5-2 or something similiar than I apologize.

20. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

I use the 3-4. I only moved my saftey ONCE on a goal line play. I was going to move my other saftey on that play but I remebered the rule.

Like I said I do ALOT of hot routing, so it may seem to my opponent I'm moving players but all I'm doing is changing their assignment.