Week 6-Titans(38) at Patriots(21)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Nov 12, 2009.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    Week 6-Titans(38) at Patriots(21)

The Tennessee Titans went on the road this week and pulled off the upset over the 4-1 New England patriots. The defense showed up big time as Brady threw more interceptions at 6 than he has in the previous 4. Coach Bigox put all faith in the defensive line to get enough pressure on Brady to make bad decisions that lead to turnovers. On 2 early turnovers and a pick six, the titans found them getting great field position that lead to a first quater score of 21 to zero.
    All was not fun and games in the titans camp this week as Chris johnson went down in the second quarter and was out of the game with a bruised sternum. A close scare as CJ was thought to be lost for the season as he was shown being carted off the field. The dirty patriots rallied on this injury and came back to end the half 21-14.
    Coach ox made some half time adjustments with there best and fastest player out for the game. Weither it be dump offs to White or the TEs on blitz downs to tucking and running when the defense was in heavy zone, coach ox seemed to be getting his team back on track. Both teams traded touchdowns to a 3rd quarter score of 28-21.
    Stingy zone defense kept the patriots out of the endzone in the fourth including a 81 yard pick 6 to end the game 38-21

V. Young- 17-31 175 yds 1 TD 2 int 6 rush 42 yds
    C. Johnson- 8 rush 45 yds 1 TD 2 rec 18 yds
    L. White- 10 rush 25 yds 1 td 3 rec 25 yds
    8 Different Titan receivers had 2 or more rec
    Titans CBs C. Finnegan and C. Williams both had Int TDs

T. Brady-
    Patriots as a team had 14 yards rushing and no TDs
    Moss- 2 rec 36 yds 1 TD
    Welker- 7 rec 58 yds 1 TD
    Galloway- 6 rec 99 yds 1 TD
    Jerod Mayo from the University of Tennessee
    6 tack, 3 ast tack, 2int, 3 pass defections, 1 FF
  2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Oct 8, 2009
    I am so sorry I jumped off the bandwagon, Bigox. Is there room for me to hop back on? ;)
  3. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Oct 8, 2009
    Good job picking Brady 6 times. He picked me apart
  4. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Sep 22, 2009
    Patriots Post Game News Conference.

Brady approaches the podium for questions

Reporter - Brady, What did the Titans show that force you into so many turnovers.

Brady - First off hats off to the Titans defense. Well they didn't do anything that we didn't expect
    from them. They dropped a lot of people back into coverage but that is nothing that we hadn't
    seen before. I think it was me making bad decisions and trying to force the ball into tight spaces
    instead of taking what the defense gave me.

Reporter - You seem to catch rhythm after the first TD but then your were forced into yet another turnover.

Brady - Yeah, I was very frustrated after throwing that pick as we were driving for a score. Welker
    came over and told me to calm down take what's there. I did that but then tried to force it to receivers
    when I didn't have too. This had to be one of my worst days in football.

Reporter - There was a moment in the game when you were yelling at the offensive coordinator. Can you
    elaborate on that?

Brady - Well it was in the heat of the moment. I just felt that we were not on the same page at times. We will talk more about it and then start getting ready for the Bucs.

Reporter - Does this have anything to do with the fact that your ran a new offense?

Brady - Well….. we just need to execute better but like my Momma said if its not broke don't change the offense. (sarcastic smile from Brady).

Reporter - Randy Moss again was held to just 2 catches is there something that he is not doing for you?

Brady - No I think its a combination of things, he is getting a lot more attention now and the new offense. He will be fine, Randy will be back.

Reporter - Coming into the game teams are looking pass the running attack and focusing heavily on the pass. What
    is going on in that department?

Brady - Well simply put we are not running the ball well. We have to do better in that department to be successful. I know the guys in those positions are trying so I have faith things will work out.

Reporter - Does this performance take you down as the best QB in the OMFL?

Brady - No, I'm still tops in the league everybody has a bad game. I had mines now, so it's time to refocus and move forward. I will bounce
    back and bounce back huge.

That's all for Brady as Brandon Meriweather approaches the podium.

Reporter - Great game today for the defense Meriweather unfortunately its in a lost. What are your thoughts?

Meriweather - Well we didn't come out with the win I know, but I also know that with 5 ints Brady can still win a game. We put him in position to do just that several times we just didn’t come through.

Reporter - Yes I recall the key stops you guys had in the game that could have swung momentum but then it was another turnover.

Meriweather - Yes its frustrating cause the defense played well. We contained and stop when we needed to but a turnover had us right
    back on the field.

Reporter - Seems like you had trouble containing Vince Young early on but settled down in the 2nd half. What did you do differently?

Meriweather - Vince is still average in my book. If he was not throwing short passes to the TE and RBs he was running. Frankly the
    guy played scared. We just blew it on the offensive side of the ball.

Reporter - Is the blueprint out on the Patriots now?

Meriweather - Hell naw, if you do have a blueprint throw it away cause we are never the same. Also to all the teams out there on our schedule this lost is in no way shape or form an indication that the Patriots are soft. I think that will be evident for the remainder of the schedule. Brady is pissed, Mayo is pissed and I'm pissed. If you are a Patriot player right now in that locker room and your are not pissed then get the HELL OFF MY TEAM!!!. CATS NEED TO STEP UP OR STEP OFF!!

Meriweather storms off the podium.
  5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Oct 8, 2009
    Brady looks so sad at the podium...lol
  6. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Oct 8, 2009
    Sad Mr. Mister Not So Perfect...lol. He scorched my arse though
  7. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Sep 24, 2009
    Wow, GG there, didnt see it coming. Especially if Johnson went down. Good work BigOX, good recovery.