Week 6: Titans(55)vsTexans(32)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Feb 24, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Week 6: Titans(55)vsTexans(32)

The Houston Texans hosted the Tennessee Titans in Week 6 of the regular season in the OMFL. The titans entered the game at 2-2 and in last place of the AFC south division and needed something big to happen to get back to being a wildcard and division title contender. The texans looked to improve on their 4-1 record and keep pace with the colts. Entering the game, coach ox saw that jags lost to the giants and this was a key opportunity to gain some ground in the south, so moral was high in nashville.

The texans won the toss and deferred, and the titans got the ball first in the game. After a decent return, the titans focused on the run game and drove deep into texans territory. The texans D stiffened and after a big sack, they forced the Titans to kick a fg to make it 3-0. The texans got the ball and worked themselves down field with passes to TE Daniels and WR Johnson. On a failed blitz by the titans, QB Matt Schaub found Johnson wide open for a 37 yard TD pass to make it 7-3.
    On the very first play of the titans next drive, QB Matt Cassell was hit as he threw and ducked it right to a LB for the INT. Highly motivated by the big int, the texans drove the 30 yards and scored with a 1 yard sneak by Schaub to make it 14-3.
    Tennessee RB Chris Johnson would score the next two from 22 and 5 yards out to make 14-17. After seeing what they could do when they focused on the run, the Titans made strides in their offense ability for the rest of the game.
    The texans would respond with a big pass and broken tackle by TE Daniels for a 44 yard TD catch to make it 21-17 with 1:48 left on the clock for the titans to work with. Again, Matt Cassel threw up a duck after a big hit, but this time, the lineman was striped after the int and matt cassel jumped on the ball for the recovery![YOUTUBE]f2CY4fEpo8U[/YOUTUBE]
    After the change in possession, the titans got a new set of downs and tried deep again. This time Cassel found TE Cook Jr. open and after a broken tackle and a juke, scored with 23 secs left in the half to make it 21-24 Titans.
    [YOUTUBE]ce5YPLXDGqE[/YOUTUBE]
    Entering the second half, both teams looked to toughen up their defense and keep the offenses at bay. After a 3 and out by both teams, the Texans drove and got a FG to make it 24-24. The titans offense clicked and with the defense beginning to play better, scored 31 unanswered points to make it 55 to 24. One instance of how the running game was working for the titans was when the texans went for it on 4th and goal from the 1. The titans stopped them and got the ball from the 3. On the first play, Chris Johnson broke a tackle up the middle and went 97 yards for the score. It just wasn't the texans day. A late TD by the texans made it 55-32 but it was too late.
    The titans improve to 3-2 and look to improve their 4th place standing in the AFC south.

Key Stats

Titans:
    M. Cassel- 11-17 148 yards 3TD 2INT 1 fumble recovery
    C. Johnson- 24 rush 298yds 4TD
    L. White- 13 rush 69yds 1TD
    J. Manning- 5rec 89yds 2TD

Texans:
    M. Schaub- 19-28 380yds 3TD 1INT 1 rushing TD
    O. Daniels- 8rec 149yds 1TD
    A. Johnson- 3rec 79yds 1TD

GG obwhite, it just wasnt your day and you couldnt stop my run game. This was the last game between us this season so GL the rest of the way. One of us needs to get a wildcard this year...

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Thanks for beating each other up guys.

Whats that on the horizon you may ask? Thats the Colts galloping away from the rest of the division LOL

3. obwhite

obwhite Who Dat Nation!

Good game...i got so unlucky... the int fumble killed me, and then fumbling on the kickoff and giving you the ball at the 20 right after you scored.... i couldn't catch a break.... it's all good, Chris Johnson is a beast and i'm just glad i don't play him again....

4. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

yeah i caught all the breaks after the first quarter. gg again white and lets get one of those wildcards!