Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Colemanchu, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Week 6

We advanced do it again Saturday night. Or sooner.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Clemson played my team tough and actually had a 10 point lead at a couple points in the game. Thankfully I was able to come back in 3rd quarter and defense played good in second half. Think I won by 11.

Full update to my team page over the weekend.

3. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

#9 Cincinnati - 45
    USF - 31

USF's QB threw 5 INT's in this game, and two of them were returned for touchdowns. If you take those away, their QB had a great game. I've never seen the computer throw so many deep routes. My guys were getting beat all game long, starting with the first play of the game, a seventy-or-so yard touchdown where the WR just went straight down the field, beat my CB and ran the rest of the way. Both their QB and star WR broke school records in yardage. Run defense was good though, and the offense wasn't great, but got the win.

4. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Tennessee and ND both have 1 loss, ND beat Tennessee convincingly, but Tennessee is #7 while ND is all the way back at #13. Doesn't make a lot of sense and not good for ND's chances at getting back in contention this season.

5. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Boston College vs. Wake Forest (W 38-23)

After the 1st, I was down 10-0. And the worst it got was 13-0 early in the 3rd, but I scored 14 unanswered points. Knowing I had to score a little in order to keep my head above water, I inserted Schinske and he connected on two longer passes to set BC up for a long FG, which he made. (20 - 17) Wake at the half.

Having the lead in the second half allowed me to use a heavy running attack led by Harris(who had over 100 yds) and Finch(who only ran a handful of times but for almost a 10 yd avg.)

Here's the problem and why I can't start Schinskie. My receivers are all Freshman Marscovetra went 7-12 and 4 passes were dropped. That means only one incompletion was on him.

My defense is about as good as a barrell of water with no bottom. It's pourous to say the least. We survived, but we need to get a lot better than the 3 star recruits we're happy to get.

6. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Boston College vs. Wake Forest (W 38-23)

After the 1st, I was down 10-0. And the worst it got was 13-0 early in the 3rd, but I scored 14 unanswered points. Knowing I had to score a little in order to keep my head above water, I inserted Schinske and he connected on two longer passes to set BC up for a long FG, which he made. (20 - 17) Wake at the half.

Having the lead in the second half allowed me to use a heavy running attack led by Harris(who had over 100 yds) and Finch(who only ran a handful of times but for almost a 10 yd avg.)

Here's the problem and why I can't start Schinskie. My receivers are all Freshman Marscovetra went 7-12 and 4 passes were dropped. That means only one incompletion was on him.

My defense is about as good as a barrell of water with no bottom. It's pourous to say the least. We survived, but we need to get a lot better than the 3 star recruits we're happy to get.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Florida St 49
    Miami 37

FSU came out and got the huge conference win over the Canes. QB Manuel had a huge game passing going over the 300 yard mark. The Noles move to number 1 in the ACC with the big win over Miami.

8. Juggernautblitz

I will get my game in versus USC tomorrow night fellas, had something come up tonight.

9. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Guess I'll put my Week 7 score here as well

#5 Cincinnati - 31
    Louisville - 0

Louisville could have easily scored three touchdowns on me. I remember at least four times when their receiver would beat his man and be wide open, just to have the ball bounce right off his hands without being touched by my defender, so I got very lucky on defense. Offense did not go as well as I'd hoped, throwing 2 INTs and just being not as productive as usual. BIG recruiting week for me in this rivalry game, so hopefully I'll get a couple more commits.

10. Juggernautblitz

ND 38
    USC 21

ND wins a tough, well played game but loses RB Cierra Wood for 7 weeks on the 1st play of the game and QB Dayne Crist for the season about a quarter later. Brave should be smiling as this just made his road a lot easier.

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

(y)

12. Juggernautblitz

Beazus and Rutgers also. (n)

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We getting close to an advance? I'm on a bye week so it feels like this week has dragged on for awhile. I also finally get some recruiting visits in week 8, the first time I was able to schedule recruits all season.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yep look at the topic directly below this one. :)

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ha, sorry I should pay more attention. Sorry for being an idiot :)