Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by savaunte, Jan 8, 2010.

1. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Week 6

Raiders traveled to the great northwest and took on the ownerless Seattle Seahawks. Thankfully an interim coach would be found in Browns GM, Trashyman. The Raiders controlled the game with their running game and defense and escaped with a hard fought 24-8 victory. Lets hope the Hawks can find a permanent GM/coach soon, as their season is practically over at 0-6.

GG Trash, thx for subbing

2. gt86

gt86 Walk On

In week 6 the Cowboys would out of their bye week with a very rusty passing game. Romo would throw 3 interceptions on the day. Thankfully the running game was solid and the Cowboys defense would bend but not break. The Cowboys would get the scoring started with a Fg with a 1 min left in the 1st qtr. The Jags would answer with a Fg of their own early in the 2nd qtr. Romo would throw his only Td pass on the day on a 34 yd pass to Berrian to give the Cowboys a 10-3 lead at halftime. Marion Barber would add a 3 yd Td run in the 3rd qtr to extend the lead to 17-3. The Jags would answer back with a Fg in the 3rd and 4th qtr to pull with in 8 pts 17-9 . But that would be the last serious threat by the Jags and the Cowboys would be able to hold on for a tight 17-9 win.

gg Lou gl rest of the way

3. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

BALTIMORE, MD - After a slow start, the Ravens seem to be picking up some steam after their bye week. The division-leading Cleveland Browns came in looking to put some distance on their lead. Riding a strong rushing attack and key turnovers, the Ravens pulled out a 24-14 win. After an exchange of punts, the first quarter would end as Haloti Ngata stripped Jamal Lewis. The Ravens would punt, but would get another big play as Ed Reed hauled in an interception at the one. The Ravens would have to punt, giving Cleveland good field position. Pierre Thomas ran in the first score of the game at the 2:00 mark, putting Cleveland up 7-0. Joe Flacco ran the 2 minute offense to perfection. Hitting a few big passes, he finally connected with Demitrious Williams for a 17 yard score to tie the game at the half.

The Browns forced a 3 and out after sacking Flacco to start the 2nd half. Braylon Edward 25 yard catch set them up in the redzone, but Derek Anderson would throw a pick six to Fabian Washington giving the Ravens a 14-7 lead. Things would stay tight into the 4th quarter. The Ravens mounted a long drive, converting a 4th and short but settling for a Hauschka FG. Anderson came out gunning but Webb would score an interception to stall the drive. The Browns D would come to the rescue. Brian Urlacher snuffed out a pass to Todd Heap and took it to the house, cutting the Raven lead to 17-14. The Ravens offense went back to work, and using the combined running of Ray Rice and rookie Devan Nieves, they moved down the field in chunks. Rice took a stretch play 9 yards to the house, giving the Ravens a 24-14 lead they would not relinquish. Anderson would be intercepted again late to end the last Cleveland threat.

GG Trash - well played

Rice / Nieves - 24 carries, 103 yds, TD
    Flacco - 11-17 131 yds, TD, INT

Pierre Thomas - 10 carries, 66 yds, TD
    Derek Anderson - 9-22, 130 yds, 5 INT

4. hendrikx

hendrikx Banned

Texans Defeat Redskins 41-32

The Texans hosted the Redskins in in week 6. The game was looking like a blow out with the Texans getting off to a 21-0 lead to start to the game. The Redskins were able to make it a much closer game due to the strong kick return plays in which they would bring a blocker all the way from the opposite side of the field to make a mismatch for the Texans special teams. These strong special teams plays always gave the Redskins offense great field position to start their drives. Jason Cambell completed 22 of 30 passes for 287 yards with 2TD and 0 INT's. Clinton Portis rushed for 41 yards and a TD and also caught 6 passes for 50 Yards and another score. The highlight for their defense was the strong play of rookie LB Dexter Knox who recorded 4 tackles 2 for a loss and 1 sack.

The Texans Matt Schaub threw the ball 32 times completing 21 passes for 375 yards 4 TD's and 0 INT's. Steve Slaton rushed the ball 16 times for 115 yards and caught 9 passes for another 141 yards and 3TD's. Andre Johnson caught 6 passes for 93 yards and a TD and TE Owen Daniels caught 3 passes for 109 yards. The stars on defense were "Super" Mario Williams recording 3 tackles for loss and 2 sacks and Rookie SS Rashad Henderson recording 7 tackles and 2 assists.

Good game from start to finish and a heck of a comeback attempt by the Redskins.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15592597

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15592513

5. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

Cards vs Cheifs

Cards defeat Cheifs 37-21

Cards got the ball first but they had to punt KC then got the ball and threw int Wilson pick his first of Two on the day but is first was to the house.Bernie Wells got hurt again but rookie Middlebrook ran good in place of Wells going 19att for 75 yards and 1 td Wells came in the 2nd half and ran 15 att for 68yards but Matt Ryan in his 2nd game with the Cards didn't throw a int going for 8-14 180 yards and 2 td.

KC had to many picks Brodie Croyle 13-25 208 2td 4int was the story of the game and Moreno was held in check 16 att 65yards no td/

But the KC coach didn't quit he kept playing hard!!!!

GG.

6. adross33

adross33 Walk On

Murphy's Law"son" Topples Titans

Denver, Colorado - Murphy's law is an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong."

The Titans tasted the popular adage Monday night after Jacob Ford's late 4th quarter interception set up what appeared to be the game winning field goal.

Rookie quarterback Jake Scott, who up until the final two minutes had played like a hall of fame veteran, had his third and short pass picked off by Denver's Manny Lawson who took it 71 yards in the opposite direction for a 28--21 victory.

"If i'm still shocked I can't imagine how the Titans feel", smiled Lawson after the victory. "The ball just landed in my hands, we were expecting a run on 3rd and short so we came hard and to our surprise they were passing".

Tennessee held Denver's Larry Johnson in check and intercepted Alex Smith, in for the injured Matt Cassel, to seal what looked like a 24-21 road win. Instead the final minute and a half turned into an epic ending for one team and toal shock for the other.

Game Notes:

- Matt Cassel left the game in the 4th with a dislocated elbow and will miss the next 3 to 4 games.

- Denver was 7-9 (77%) on 3rd downs, Tennessee was 5-9 (55%)

Passing

- Cassel 11/20 for 248 1TD
    - Scott 15/25 188 3TD 2 INT

Rushing

- L. Johnson 12 for 23
    - C. Johnson 19 for 110

Def

- M. Lawson 1 INT 1 TD
    - C. Bailey 1 INT

- J. Ford 1 S 1 INT

TEN 0 7 7 7 21
    DEN 0 7 14 7 28

GG Rude .... kinda sucks it ended the way it did ... you picked me and I was playing as tough as I could to force you into a FG and try to tie for OT ... and bam, the game changed in less then 30 seconds ... GL the rest of the way .. very tough defense against the run .... and Scott was worth the pick .. nice passing!!

7. stealth

stealth Walk On

Bengals vs Patriots

The game couldnt have started out any better for the bengals. On offense QB Palmer was on fire and would turn in his best game of the season. The defense would play just as great at the start not giving brady in room at all and forcing a lot of 3rd and 20s for the pats.

The bengals would go up 24-0 in the 1st half and never look back.

The patriots would finally get on the board in the 3rd qrt as QB Brady hits a wide open WR Moss in the endzone. Patriots would also start moving the ball better in the 2nd half but the game was already to far out of reach with bengals pulling away to win it 31-7

gg ANj

8. scared46

scared46 Walk On

Lions traveled to the windy city of Da Bears to face a team they beat in week 1. The Bears came out and stud the Lions with a early lead 16-0 in the first few minutes of the game.
    Hester returned a Kick-off (first kick of the game) 103 yds for a TD. Then Lions were held to 3 and out and punted away to the Bears were English hit TE Oslen for a TD pass. Lions still couldn't move the ball and they punted away but this time, Lions held and Bears had to punt but, instead of fielding the punt we decided to let it (I thought was I close to the goalline but I wasn't) roll down inside the 1yd line and next play .....SAFETY!!! Bears lead now 16-0.

Then all of sudden Lions would force turnovers, return their own kick off for a TD to take a 21-16 lead end of 1st quarter.

Second quarter, lions add at FG to make it 24-16 at the half.

Thrid quarter, lions playing with a short field because of turnovers and Stafford throw 2 more TD's to make it 38-16 end of thrid.

Fourth quarter, Bears would put a nice drive on to add a TD and make it 14 point game but, the Lions would use a lot of the clock up with short passes and runs. Lions added a FG making the game 41-24..GG Scar the big difference was Bear's turnover giving Lions short field to work with. Look at the stats the game was about even minus the 6 turnovers.

GL rest of the season bud
    Final:
    Bears 24
    Lions 41

9. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Adross that was one hell of a game. it was such a tough game i didnt have time to have fun because i was sooooooo busy trying to figure out a way to stop you. on that 3rd n short i had a run called and then took a timeout and decided to hit a quick pass to make sure i put the game away because you couldn't stop the clock anymore. dlineman hits my qb and lawson was right there to snatch the ball up. good luck the rest of the way through man. i hope we meet again.

10. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

The Rams hosted the Falcons this week in mega. The rams are on a 4 game win streak and the falcons are still searching for answers in there week 6 match up.

The opening kickoff was returned by ram's rookie woodhead 103 yards for the touchdown. After a 3 and out by the Falcons, the rams qb mark bulger was hit while passing and threw a pick six to tie the game 7-7. On the ensuing kickoff, woodhead again returned it 104 yards for a touchdown.
    The second quarter was all Rams and their powerful run game. Steven Jackson scored two TDs, backup RB Gado scored one TD, and Kicker brown added 3 points to end the half with a score of 38-7 Rams
    The falcons received the ball first and Hill returned it 107 yards for the score to make it 38-14. Again when woodhead got the ball on the next kickoff, he returned it 103 yards for his third return TD of the game. The rams subbed out jackson and tried to keep the woodhead magic alive and put the 3rd string running back into the game to prevent a injury to the starter.
    The falcons got a little bit of momentum in the 4th with a 66 yard TD run by Turner but it was not enough as the Rams cruised for a 48-21 Rams

Key Stats:
    D. Woodhead- 3 return TDs 17 rush 97 yards
    S. Jackson- 21 rush 168 yards 2 TDs

11. Mags

3 100+ yard returns? Really??

12. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Returns are ridiculous in this version. A joke. Especially if guys move blockers while kick is in the air. An issue that needs addressing IMO.

13. Mags

Apparently. That shouldn't happen.

14. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

really... it wasnt a speedy dude either, a rookie named woodhead. (woodhead hahaha) i think he speed is only a 93 and its not like he broke any tackles on any of the returns. untouched everytime.

15. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

The only blocker i move is the guy who is closest to the kick returner. I move up with the wedge instead of back with the kicker, the only problem is half the time he runs and waves his hands to try to stop me from running it back 4 yards deep in the endzone and ends up out of the play so half the time i dont even try. There was no cheese involved, just a rook with something to prove

16. bigmandy54

bigmandy54 mac54

I think moving guys to block on kick and punt rtn. shouldn't be done. This should be address to everyone that does it.

17. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Not referring to anyone in particular. I just think returns are way to easy and common in this version and that is without any movement of blockers during the kick.

18. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

i think its due more to playing on allpro, on allmadden the blockers dont hold their blocks long enough to get anything significant on kickoffs. If player movement on kickoffs is such a big deal, im sorry and i wont do it again but i like to say that its not anywhere in the rules. I really wish i saved the replays now so i could show the highways i was running on becuase it was more about the bad kickoff coverage than moving players while the ball is in there air. Hell, even RCF33 congratulated me about it afterwards.

19. Mags

I agree, and I know who Danny Woodhead is... :)

We may move to only allowing the user to control the KR as the ball is in the air. We did the same on the PC version as the "Return Left" always seemed to allow for more yardage TDs, especially for guys who overloaded by bringing extra guys to that side.

20. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Thats fine with me, it really doesnt matter to me. As a pro freedom person, you have extremely restricted Pre snap movement, now its time to move on to post snap movement huh? :) One last thing, J. Cribbs from the browns had 2 two return touchdown games this year. One was 2 kickoff returns and the other was a punt and and kickoff. Im not 100 percent sure but i think an AFC west team had a two touchdown return game too. Its not as far fetched as it once was a couple years ago. Teams are drafting speedy players and playing them millions just to return kicks now. Enough with hijacking the results thread, someone make a new topic on the main page and lets move this convo their.

21. Mags

Technically, no, since there is no snap. :)

4 100+ KR in a game is a tad extreme...

22. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

We did go through this on PC even punts were rediculously easy. Without any sliders I think were stuck with what we got. Hell even I got a return TD I believe this season. So it must be a easy thing. (y)

23. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

technically, your an ass... haha :)

It is extreme, BUT im still going to return kickoffs for TDs nevertheless if i can move people or not before the catch. The better idea is if you catch the ball in the endzone then you must down it and if you catch it in the field of play then do what you do what you need to do and get what yardage you can.

I am the titans in OMFL, and i put CJ returning kicks and i never got even close to 3 return TDs in a game... I have had a couple but IMO its not who is returning the kicks, Its how good the other team is at defending it. FYI Falcons aren't very good at it. Sorry RFC

24. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

It would be one thing if the kicking team could put better players on the kick coverage units.

Also there are obviously players and teams better suited at coverage, but in reality when your coverage teams get locked up on blockers and cant get off them, and you have guys bringing in an extra blocker from the far side of the field as well - returns are just out of control.

I am usually a "freedom" type myself OX, but unfortunately there are certain things that need to be addressed to keep things on thhe up and up IMO. Return away - I just think the only guy who should be controlled by the receiving team on kicks is the returner. Problem solved.

25. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Yeah i know you cant sub on the special teams.
    When i said i would have got the TDs anyways was because he was running the defenders out of bounds trying to tackle me and it was just way too easy. Hines ward could have ran them back for 6.
    Im all for the up and up and if you saw how far i moved a player, maybe 3 yards straight upfield, you would understand why i think restricting player movement during the kick wouldnt help solve multiple kickoff or punt TDs.

Its not a big deal to me anyways, its just nice when a slower player gets in and does a bang up job when the good returner Avery is out with broken ribs.