Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Parrothead, Apr 27, 2010.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Week 6

Week 5 is in the books, and another coach has left. Adios to New Guy. We hardly knew ye.

User games this week:

#1 Florida (Parrothead) @ LSU (Troy) - LSU drops out of the polls after a humbling loss to Georgia. Can they bounce back against the #1 team in the country?

#6 Georgia (Riptides) @ #24 Tennessee (York) - Georgia rips LSU and then takes on upstart Tennessee. Can the Vols go back to back wins in user games?

Advance set for Friday night around 10:30 EST.

2. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

New guy never got to change his name from "New Guy".

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

rip can you go tonight?

4. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

oh what happened in the LSU game was Brian on AP or did you kick the shit out of the artist formally known as?

5. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I was up 28-7 after my first drive in the 3rd quarter and then something came up and TROY said he had to take off and I played the CPU the rest of the way.

LSU had a couple of costly turnovers at the end of the first half. One INT was returned about 90 yards for a TD and the next drive an INT was returned down to the 3 with only about 10 seconds to go in the half and UGA punched it in to take a 21-7 lead.

I didn't get to check out any stats as freaking Parrothead was on me to hurry up so he could advance the week.

Yeah, I can play tonight if that works for you. I should be on right around 10 pm eastern.

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

sweet its on

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Let's keep pushing through fellas, and get this week in on time.

troy aka bds has decided to drop out for whatever reason, I'm fine w/ continuing w/ this sorta lax style we've got going on to finish out the year. So no one else quit on me!

8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

troy=bitch

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I think he was just scared of the upcoming beatdown this week. :)

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! J/k peace out

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

no go rip sorry something has come up

12. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I got you these brah! :D

[​IMG]

13. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Any chance you'll make it on tonight York?

14. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Doesn't that mean you need to get your game in? Just saying. (y)

15. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

rip I will be on sometime after 8:45 eastern

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Alabama gets a solid 27-7 win over #15 Ole Miss.

Star Jackson played like a Freshman, throwing 3 INT's, if we are going to be a championship contender we have a long way to go.

Pacing the team was the defense. After a sloppy first quarter, they pulled together 5 INTs, one returned for a TD by Senior SS Justin Woodall who also had a forced fumble.

Also, Sophomore Julio Jones had a big game with 5 receptions for 166 yards, and 1 TD.

I think we should be advancing to Week 7 tonight..

17. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Dawgs hold on for a 17-14 win at UT. The win although a solid one was very costly for the offense. Logan Gray went down on the first or second play from scrimmage during an option run. He wasn't even able to get on the stat sheet with regards to attempting a pass. He'll be out 7 weeks, pretty much through the regular season.

UT had a shot late for a potential winning or at least game tying drive but the AI screwed York a bit with an INT by the LB who wasn't even looking at the pass.

Not much offense in this game. GG YORK!

18. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hell of a game Rip good luck the rest of the way. I had 27 yards of offense in the 1st half couldn't get anything going and then the flood gates opened and I started running had 2-3 min drives that ended with touchdowns. a 4th and 9 completion to my TE that was sweet and had the ball with 1:30 left to win the game. Ball on the 40 my RB is in the flats with his back to me the defender has his back to me and I rifle a pass that goes over my RB and is picked off by a leaping LB with his back to me? WTF?

19. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Rip and I were talking during our game last night....6 guys WTF were did everyone go?
    What are our plans going forward? I don't mind playing this year out but what then. I like the fact that we are playing more user games its nice what do you guys think?

20. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I think if we can keep these 6 guys playing we can squeeze one more season in. If nothing else it should go pretty quick as well as getting in some solid user games.

21. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I agree. Things will move along pretty quick with just a few guys. At this point, it's just to play the game. I think those of us who have stuck it out should get first dibs on teams next season. :)

22. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

You wuold think that. ;)

Either way...I'm picking one of the shittiest teams I can next year, more fun that way :D

23. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Yeah Jman but you will have recruiting restrictions set in place just for you. You cannot have a RB with OVR rating higher than a 70 and no running the option period.