Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by alemic, Nov 13, 2010.

1. alemic

alemic Walk On

Indiana and Missouri kicking off now... updates will be posted here

2. alemic

alemic Walk On

end of the 1st. Indiana 3rd and 8 ball at the 12 hoping to put the first points on the board

3. alemic

alemic Walk On

after an incomplete pass the Hoosiers would settle for a field goal. Missouri showed some signs off life with a 20 yard run however would be forced to punt again. On Indiana's next drive the running game would come alive, but once again stall out inside the 15, forced to another field goal.

2:17 left in the half 6-0 Indiana

4. alemic

alemic Walk On

Missouri busts a huge 60+ yard TD run... only to be called back by a clipping penalty

5. alemic

alemic Walk On

Missouri scores the first touch down of the game 46 seconds left in the first half 2 yard TD strike.

Missouri 7 Indiana 6

6. alemic

alemic Walk On

A great first half is in the books.

Missouri 7 Indiana 6

Tigers start with the ball in the second half

7. alemic

alemic Walk On

After a few defensive stops and the ball going back and forth the Hoosiers are able to find the endzone for the first time tonight on a 19 yard run by Willis. Followed by a TD run on the 2-point conversion by Turner

1:11 left in the 3rd

Indiana 14 Missouri 7

8. alemic

alemic Walk On

Missouri puts the game down to 4 points with a field goal.

6:15 left in the game
    Indiana 14 Missouri 10

9. alemic

alemic Walk On

Indiana tries to run as much clock as possible hoping to get at least a field goal... Drive stalls at their own 46..

An amazing effort by the special teams pins Missouri at their own 1 requiring 99 yards to score with 3:34 left in the game.

Indiana 14 Missouri 10
    3:34 left

10. alemic

alemic Walk On

Missouri drives to their own 42 but down to 4th and 7 and elect to punt.

Indiana ball own 18 2:26 left Missouri 3 timeouts remaining.

Indiana 14 Missouri 10

11. alemic

alemic Walk On

And thats the ball game Indiana holds on in this defensive battle and runs out the rest of the clock...

Full game recap coming either later tonight or tomorrow....

Final Score:
    Indiana 14 Missouri 10

12. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Idaho 24 - SDSU 31
    This was a very tough loss for the Idaho Vandals (2-4). They led most of the game but just couldn't hang on. Quarterback Blake Reader finally got his act together and was throwing some good passes but of course he gets hurt in the game to bring in my backup and then he gets hurt so I ended up played the end of the game with my 3rd string QB. Should never have lost this game but got screwed with 31 seconds left after San Diego tied up they kicked it off to me and I fumbled and the scored to go up 31-24 and that was the game.​

Good game SDSU. Just thought I would tell you I don't think you can use your cornerback at QB for those option plays but it is fine with me because you didn't win because of that.​

13. rice4114

rice4114 Walk On

Can we use a wildcat style option from time to time? I just dont have any speed at QB for an option game? I dont want to be cheesy he is just my denard robinson for a couple plays (actually 3). To be honest you shut me down big time especially in the first half. I didnt realize you had gone 3rd string. I wondered why you got so conservative. It was one tough game for us and you played great D for having that Idaho squad. Road games against users are never easy and this sure wasnt the exception. GG and have a great season.

Lindley 21-28 286 yards 1 TD
    Hillman 12 rushes 57 yards 1 TD
    Sandifer 11 rec 172 yards 0 TD

14. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Hey man you too and I ended up at 3rd string just for my last drive. About your option thing I just didn't know what it was so I thought I would bring it up.

15. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

FIU-31
    Western Kentucky-34

The very first drive of the game told the story. FIU held WK to a fourth down and they converted a fake punt pass. Everything that could go wrong went wrong in this game. We couldn't establish anything this game, super-human linebackers would knock down passes, or my WR's would get no seperation, and there were also many cases of simply overthrowing WR's. We lost this game when our QB fumbled the football, and a DT picked up the ball and ran 60 yards for the go ahead touchdown with 1:30 left. Heartbreaker.

16. titangator

titangator Walk On

Wow, didnt know you were aboard Paw, welcome... appears we are in the same conference as well :) should be fun lol

17. alemic

alemic Walk On

tough loss Paw.... and welcome to the dynasty

18. alemic

alemic Walk On

sorry whales and rice i just now fully read that post...

its not ok to sub in a CB to the QB position. play the players at their respected positions. since whales had no issue with it and said it did not affect the outcome of the game I will not throw out the results, this is just a warning...

for future references on game restarts. you get 1 unexplained one, with a warning. then on out i need proof showing why you restarted the game. if i see it without you talking to me I will throw out the results and you will take a sim

19. grat23

grat23 Walk On

Tulane improved to 3-2 on the season. The Green Wave gained an early 10-0 but the Cougars scored 31 unanswered to lead 31-10 in the 2nd quarter. After 2 ints Tulane benched the starting QB Ryan Griffin and brought in backup Taylor Bullock. Bullock was able to lead the team to a miraculous comeback throwing for 248 yards and 2 tds for a 38-31 Tulane win.