Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Sep 28, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Week 6

Advanced to Week 6.

2. lilmaggie

Week 6

Maryland @ Clemson MD –3

Maryland has been rolling, but Clemson lost a close one to a very good LSU squad at home. I think he very well could get this one. I see a very close game that comes down to the last few minutes.

Marshall @ Alabama Bama –22.5

Alabama should have no trouble with Marshall. They aren’t very good, however, Bama has struggled. I think he rights the ship today after the close game vs. UF.

LSU @ Vandy LSU –16.5

Vandy gave Ole Miss trouble and could potentially give the Tigers trouble. I just think LSU is too strong. They go on the road and win convincingly.

Georgia Tech @ North Carolina. UNC –2.5

This one could be tough. Georgia Tech went to Blacksburg and won, then got throttled at home against Miami. Does N.Carolina have the speed on defense to contain the Tech running game? If you make Nesbit throw they are not a very good offense. I see a tough game that the Heels escape….home field is the difference. Low scoring affair.

Miami @ Duke. Miami –16.5.

Potential trap game. Miami has a big one in Miami next week vs. the Noles who beat them last year in a classic game with a last second TD pass in Tallahassee. Miami is looking forward to that game. Duke isn’t as bad as their ratings would indicate. They are ranked fairly high in Defensive categories and are 3-1. Miami will win, but Duke might make it interesting for a half. The last sandwich game before a big game Miami lost.

Wake Forest @ Florida St. FSU –13

Florida St gets a tune up for their showdown with Miami. After the loss to N.Carolina they need both of these. Another conference loss could end their hopes for a conference championship. They’ll get Wake, but it could be the same as the Miami scenario above.

Florida @ Washington State. Florida –42.5

Next.

Tennessee @ Georgia UGA-11

This is my upset special. Tennessee is due. I personally think they’ll go between the hedges and get one…but Georgia should be a two score favorite. They have the talent and home field advantage in this matchup. I just have a feeling….

Va Tech @ NC St. VT –15

The NC St beatings will continue this week as well.[/QUOTE]

3. lilmaggie

Week 6

Maryland @ Clemson MD –3

Maryland has been rolling, but Clemson lost a close one to a very good LSU squad at home. I think he very well could get this one. I see a very close game that comes down to the last few minutes.

Marshall @ Alabama Bama –22.5

Alabama should have no trouble with Marshall. They aren’t very good, however, Bama has struggled. I think he rights the ship today after the close game vs. UF.

LSU @ Vandy LSU –16.5

Vandy gave Ole Miss trouble and could potentially give the Tigers trouble. I just think LSU is too strong. They go on the road and win convincingly.

Georgia Tech @ North Carolina. UNC –2.5

This one could be tough. Georgia Tech went to Blacksburg and won, then got throttled at home against Miami. Does N.Carolina have the speed on defense to contain the Tech running game? If you make Nesbit throw they are not a very good offense. I see a tough game that the Heels escape….home field is the difference. Low scoring affair.

Miami @ Duke. Miami –16.5.

Potential trap game. Miami has a big one in Miami next week vs. the Noles who beat them last year in a classic game with a last second TD pass in Tallahassee. Miami is looking forward to that game. Duke isn’t as bad as their ratings would indicate. They are ranked fairly high in Defensive categories and are 3-1. Miami will win, but Duke might make it interesting for a half. The last sandwich game before a big game Miami lost.

Wake Forest @ Florida St. FSU –13

Florida St gets a tune up for their showdown with Miami. After the loss to N.Carolina they need both of these. Another conference loss could end their hopes for a conference championship. They’ll get Wake, but it could be the same as the Miami scenario above.

Florida @ Washington State. Florida –42.5

Next.

Tennessee @ Georgia UGA-11

This is my upset special. Tennessee is due. I personally think they’ll go between the hedges and get one…but Georgia should be a two score favorite. They have the talent and home field advantage in this matchup. I just have a feeling….

Va Tech @ NC St. VT –15

The NC St beatings will continue this week as well.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

why does it say bfuchey right there?

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

42.5 point spread for UF??? I'll have to pitch a shut out to cover that one. It's the complete opposite side of the country.

You do know Tebow graduated right???

Just kidding haha. I love the respect!

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

...and on the flip side of the coin, UNC is only a 2.5 point favorite against GT. They must know something that I don't.

7. BDSDIGITAL

G Tech is a good football team. That would be a realistic spread. You very well may wax them, but if the spread was much bigger than that the majority of the gambling money would go on the Jacket side.

8. BDSDIGITAL

Yeah but the barely field a team in the Paloose.

9. jello1717

I knew that I was going to jinx myself with my cockiness! Those f*ckers' offense was unstoppable!

10. jello1717

Thankfully For UNC, It Doesn't Matter Who Plays Better, But Only Who's Leading When Time Runs Out

[​IMG]
    Greg Little - All he does is catch TDs
    Here is Little's 4th TD on 10 receptions for 362 yards on the season

For the most part, UNC was outplayed Saturday night, but they made the plays when they needed them to eek out a 32-26 victory over #19 Georgia Tech. GT was mostly unstoppable on offense. They were able to run the ball against UNC's 3rd ranked rushing defense to the tune of 167 yards and 2 TDs. UNC was fortunate to only give up 167 yards as the GT O-line pancaked 23 UNC defenders during the game. However, what was surprising was the fact that GT threw the ball for 268 yards and only had 4 incompletions out of 20 passes.

UNC stepped it up when they had to. They forced FG attempts twice when GT had 1st and goal inside the 3 yard line. Also, while they had not forced GT to punt previously, they did force them to punt late in the 4th quarter which allowed UNC to get the ball back for their game winning drive. Also, after giving up 23 points in the 1st half, UNC's ACC leading scoring defense only allowed 3 in the entire 2nd half.

UNC QB TJ Yates was ducking GT blitzers all day and threw 2 lame duck INTs, 1 of which was a pick 6. But he too made the plays when they were needed. He threw for 241 yards with only 10 completions and he helped the Tar Heels convert 8 of 12 3rd down conversions. UNC's running game was mostly stagnant, but HBs Draughn and Houston did manage 104 and 53 yards total.

When it was all said and done, however, the fact remains that UNC won by 6 points, thanks in no small part to 2 missed FGs and a missed XP by GT's kicker. UNC will now prepare to face the Turkeys of Virginia Tech next week.

Play of the Game:
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y5zHyf3pl8U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y5zHyf3pl8U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Box Score
    Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    GT 7 16 0 3
    UNC 0 14 3 15

Game Statistics
    Stat GT UNC
    Score 26 32
    First Downs 22 16
    Total Offense 435 389
    Rushes-Yards-TDs 36-167-2 36-148-2
    Comp-Att-TD 16-20-0 10-21-2
    Passing Yards 268 241
    3rd Down Conv 5-10(50%) 8-12(66%)
    Turnovers 2 2
    T.O.P. 12:16 15:44

Players of the Game
    GT - D. Morgan - 6 tckls
    UNC - G. Little - 2 rec, 111 yards, 2 TD

11. lilmaggie

Games

Week 6

CPU GAMES

Georgia Tech 26 @ North Carolina 32
    Virginia Tech 42 @ NCST 14
    Miami 63 @ Duke 34
    Florida @ Washington State
    LSU @ Vanderbilt
    Marshall 3 @ Alabama 41
    Wake Forest @ Florida State

USER GAMES

Maryland @ Clemson
    Tennessee @ Georgia

12. BDSDIGITAL

Miami wins at Duke goes to 4-1 before the our Rivalry game vs. FSU.

The Hurricane offense was unstoppable yesterday amassing over 600 yards, 400 of them by Jacory Harris who also threw 4 td's in a 63-34 romp of the Duke Blue Devils. They pulled off several just incredible offensive plays to put up 34 points on the Miami defense. 14 of those points came in garbage time but it was still concerning to give up so many points to the Duke Offense. In the end it didn't matter this week. It just perplexes me how a team like Georgia Tech could be so inept against me, then a team like Duke could move the ball like this. To my credit they did break a few freak big plays to get in position, but even those plays were absolutely amazing. Jumping over several tackler on a big run, or jumping out of the stadium and making 1 handed catches on the sideline, etc....

Either way, the offense is clicking. Johnson and Benjamin combined for 20 catches and a few hundred yards and three scores on the night and just did what we wanted, when we wanted. We could've scored 100 + if we wanted to.
    [​IMG]

Next Week The Seminoles come to town for a highly anticipated rivalry game with major ACC implications.

13. GoGators

Nice win castro. It is an interesting point you bring up how a good team against you can't do anything and then a horrible team is able to produce. It really frustrates me to think that I give EA $60 for quality workmanship like this.

14. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

(1) #1 Florida - Bama tried to knock them out of this spot.

(2) #3 LSU - They received a vote for #1 this week and if they continue to win, they should get more.

(3) #7 Maryland - I think Maryland will do better vs. #12 Clemson than Georgia will do vs. Tennessee.

(4) #8 Georgia - Tennessee is getting much better and I think they may beat Georgia this week. This is the first user game Georgia will have this season.

(5) #13 North Carolina - UNC is undefeated at 4-0 and took down a good FSU team. I see their win streak continuing, but they have #19 Georgia Tech and # 15 Viginia Tech the next two weeks.

(6) #8 Florida State - FSU got beat by UNC and lets face it, they just give up tpp many yards. They get a chance to prove me wrong next week vs. Miami.

(7) #12 Clemson - Theor only loss is a close one to LSU where they were up 24-7 in the 3rd quarter. They could easily be undefeated.

(8) #14 Alabama - I took Alabama in this spot over Ole Miss because I think they'll prove I'm right and beat the Rebels on the road next week.

(9) #10 Ole Miss - Too many close games and I think they lose to Bama next week.

(10) #24 Miami - They took care of Georgia Tech on the road.

(11) #15 Virginia Tech - They didn't take care og Georgia Tech at home.

(12) Tennessee - They're a team on the rise with a lot to prove.

15. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Week 6

LSU spent the first quarter working on field position. Their punter, Josh Jasper had 3 punts inside the 10. The lone score was a 22 yd. bomb to Terrence Toliver. Early in the second, LSU got their second touchdown with a 31 yd. bomb to Toliver as well. Both teams hit on field goals, but LSU struck just before the first half was over woth an 80 yd. scamper by the QB, Jefferson. 30-3 due to a missed extra point.

LSU pulled their 1st string offense in the 3rd quarter after their 51st point. This game should have been much worse as LSU had 6 forced fumbles but only recovered 2. One of those was scooped and led to a lucky score by Vanderbilt.

Offensive P.O.W. - WR Terrence Tolliver - 6 rec, 124 yds(LSU only threw for 135 yds, 2 TD's

Defensive P.O.W. - FS Karnell Hatcher - 13 tackles, 1 TFL, 2 Forced Fumbles

16. GoGators

LSU vs UF is setting up to be a good one.

FYI, I'll be getting my game in tonight around 8pm.

17. lilmaggie

Waiting

Waiting on FSU, Florida and the users Georgia and Tennessee to play. I will advance Thursday night around 9 or 10.

18. BDSDIGITAL

I'll be out of town tomorrow morning - Sat afternoon, coming home saturday night unless something changes.

19. GoGators

Gators travel across the country and come home with a win 41 - 3 over the Wash St Cougs.

The Gators continued to struggle getting their ground game going. There's obviously something broken with this game when against an overall C team/defense, with the best offensive line this game has ever seen and a HB who only needs a spec of light to go the distance. They only average 2.9 YPC.

It's really kind of frustrating.

Player of the game in this one was QB John Brantley 20/28 351 yds 4 TDs

20. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I dont think tennessee can play until tommorow night and i work 7-10 pm EST

21. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

If we don't start week 7 on thurs. night. I can live with that. We've been moving at a super fast pace anyway. 3 advances a week.

22. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

After a fast start for the Seminoles things got slow and laggy in the rainy weather as the Demon Deacons climbed back from a 28-3 defecit to make it a 21-28 game before FSU finally put an end to the game. EJ Manuel threw for 4 TD's leading the #8 'Noles to victory in ACC play!

Fsu 35 WF 21

Ej manuel 21-31 278 yds 4td 1 int

Chris Thompson 28 102 yds

Jermaine thomas 4 rushes 79 yds 1 td

Jimmy muhammad 7 rec 60 yds 1 td

Taiwan easterling 3 att 76 yds 1 td

Demonte mcallister 10 tkls 5 tfl 4 sack

23. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Ole Miss vs Alabama

To put it simply, my team is overrated... J. Jones fumbled twice which gave me 3 fumbles lost for the game. Ole Miss had a good run game going and found their RB in the flats for key 1st down pickups.