Week 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kan, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Kan

Kan Walk On

Week 6

The Skins would come out and give Portis the ball on the ground and in the air versus the hapless Chiefs. Portis would have close to 200 yards combined yards and the Skins would win an easy one.

gg cpu, you cheesy bastard

2. stealth

stealth Walk On

Bengals 45 Texans 30

Bengals havent been able to run the ball much all season but that would all change in this 1 as back up Hb Scott would have a career game rushing for 225yds and 4 tds. Scott would have 3 long runs of 72,70 and 50. Hb Benson would pitch in with 2 td rushes of his own.

In the end Texans are marching try to get into the endzone but dt sims would cause QB Shaub to rush a pass and CB Trent would get the int to seal the win.

3. scarface

scarface Walk On

Bears win in Hot'lanta
    The Bears stay undefeated with a nice win over the Falcons, Forte was going good as he went over 100 yards and the Bears D was all over the place.

GG Rich gl the rest of the way,

4. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Vikes vs Ravens

The Minnesota Vikings forced 5 Joe Flacco interceptions, led by EJ Henderson's 3 ints and stole the game from the Baltimor Ravens. Playing a bend but don't break defense the Vikings did just enough to squeak out the 17-14 victory on a Ryan Longwell FG as time expired.

With Brett Farve and Adrian Peterson still out of the lineup with significant injuries the Vikings offense did just enough not to lose the game. They dinked and dunked all game, but came up huge when they had to. The Ravens tied the game late in the 4th qtr behind a great catch and run by McGahee, but Sage Rosenfels was able to complete a long pass to Sidney Rice to set up the winning field goal as time expired.

But the story of the game had to be the Viking defense. The underrated Viking secondary helped contain the Raven WRs, and the Viking lbs were able to keep Todd Heap from coming up with the big play. Jarred Allen and the dline did enough to keep Flacco guessing and the Vikings are now 5-1 on the season.

GG Mags I feel lucky to steal the win.

5. scared46

scared46 Walk On

Lions march into Lambo field to face the mighty Packers. The Lions are forced to start D. Culepepper due to a broken jaw Matt Stafford suffered last week win over the Steelers. Culepepper would throw for 4 TD's but, I have no idea on how he do so because, this guy is just horrible and I mean horrible throwing the ball. So many times he missed wide open targets it wasn't funny. The key to the win for the Lions was again their defense. With turnovers and 5 sacks they help to get a need win in Lambo.

Lions 28
    Packers 18

**Lions sign FA QB Damon Huard** for a possible start next week even tho Culepepper throw 4 TD and no ints. I hoping Damon's awr 85 will do a lot better as far as accuracy goes..dunno? GG cpu see ya in Detroit.

6. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Great game tank... I just could not get a damn pass over Henderson's head. He played like Superman in this one. GL down the road.

7. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Raiders would host the Eagles in their Week 6 game. Raiders looking to keep their fast start going, and the Eagles were trying to hand Oakland their first loss. (only my 2nd human game...lol)

Raiders would pick off a Mcnabb pass but they would then throw a pick right back to them, wasting a great opportunity. Raiders "D" would step up again though, as CB C.Johnson would step in front of a Mcnabb pass and take it 63 yards for the TD and first points of the game. Raiders would get rollin on offense in the 2nd quarter and Russel hit Schilens for a 12 yard TD to take a 14-0 lead. Eagles would put a nice drive together though and would get down into the Red-Zone. Raiders defense stopped em and forced the Eagles to kick a FG to get their first points of the game. 14-3 @ halftime

Second half would be a defensive struggle as both teams could get much going. The Eagles would again get a nice drive going only to have it stall and were forced into another FG to get to with in 8 at 14-6. Raiders would face a 3rd and short on their next drive, Russel would hit RB M.Bush out in the flats and Bush would rumble some 61 yards for the TD and to put the Raiders back up by two scores, 21-6 going into the final quarter. The Eagles would get their first and only TD of the day when RB B.Westbrook would break a few tackles and scamber for a 36 yard TD run. Eagles would go for 2, but Raiders DE T.Scott would fall back into coverage and knock down the Mcnabb pass. Raiders would hold onto win this hard fought game, and it was fitting that the Raiders D stepped up and picked off another Mcnabb pass to close it out.

GG Stykman GL rest of the season

8. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Carolina went on the road to face off against division rival Tampa Bay. Props go out to Coach jcquick for sticking to a solid gameplan of rushing Ward. It was when they went to the air that would be the Bucs downfall. An early interception would lead to a 1yd rushing touchdown by James Stewart. Tampa would march back downfield but come up short and have to settle for a FG. 7-3 after the first quarter.

In the second quarter, would put together a solid drive capped with another 1yd touchdown, this time by DeAngelo Williams. Once again Tampa would come back down the field and have to settle for a FG. Carolina wasn't able to capitalize on their staunch defense at this point and would get another FG to end the half 17-10.

In the third quarter, it was the young Tampa Bay quarterback that would be their downfall. Josh Freeman first threw an interception for a touchdown, and then fumbled on a rush which led to another defensive score. Carolina defense would take over from there and the Panthers go on to win 31-17.

gg JCQuik.

9. PoloMD

PoloMD Walk On

Bills 17 at Jets 7

On the first drive of the game the Bills score 7 points, after that no team did nothing on the first half, on the 3rd qtr the Bills score a FG, But Millertime and the Jets score 7 points and the game was 10-7 5 minutes remaining on the 4th qtr. But McKelvin return the kickoff for 69 yards. after that the Bills offense score another TD. Jets try to comeback but there was just not enough time.

Fina score Bills 17 Jets 7.

GG Miller, fun as allways, cya on Buffalo.

10. adross33

adross33 Walk On

AP: San Diego

All Systems Go for Alphonso!

The Denver Bronco's ushered in the coach Ross era with a stunning 28-3 road win over the cleverly coached Chargers Sunday night in San Diego.

"It feels good" said coach Ross after DB Alphonso Smith made his second interception of the game a costly one for the struggling Bolts, taking it 72 yards for the games final score. "This team has a lot of work to do, but at this point to walk in here and play .500 ball with a shot to keep the dream alive; well, it just feels good".

Coach Ross simply brushed off any questions regarding Kyle Orton and his four interceptions, only giving his starting quarterback the benefit of the doubt on two red zone balls that where tipped. "He had little to do with those", said Ross as he entered the tunnel. "We'll work with him, but I wasn't impressed with 4 picks, as I'm sure neither was Kyle".

The Chargers took another blow late in the 3rd when Phillip Rivers was hammered by swarming Bronco defense and left the game on a cart with what was later to be discovered a herniated disk and 8 weeks of rehab.

Denver rolled with 334 total yards of offense, 19 first downs and was 5 for 11 on third downs in the win. Orton's 4 interceptions were over shadowed by big plays from Brandon Stokley who ended up with 6 catches for 100 yards, many of them on 3rd down.

The Bronco's held their breath in at the start of the 4th quarter when rookie Knowshow Moreno went down with a lower leg injury and did not return until very late in the game. "He's fine" said coach Ross. "Just little hamstring pull and he won't miss any considerable time".

Defensively the Bronco's were aggressive and in San Diego's face all night, forcing 3 interceptions and a pair of sacks. DJ Williams led the way with 8 solo stops and a pick in the redzone to stuff San Diego's opening drive.

gg CPU ... you are always a sloppy minded competitor ... and your ability to make circus picks when you feel the game slipping away is comical ...

11. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

The Rams traveled to Jacksonville to face the CPU Jags. After losing three in a row, the Rams get a win against the only opponent they same capable of beating. Three CPU teams, 3 wins. Three owner controlled teams, 3 losses.

Anyways Jackson was the workhorse in this one and the defense played better to help secure a win for the lifeless Rams. The Rams look forward to winning a game eventually against someone other than the CPU. Final score Rams 37, Jags 13.

12. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Sav, Good Game Man. Sorry I left after the game without saying "GG", but as this was your 2nd Human game...it was my FIRST!!! lol

I haven't mastered how to do the chat thing after the game, so I hit the wrong button and wound up exiting the game.

So...what button do I have to push to do that?

In any case, I definitely had trouble at times with the blitz. I hate not having time...like who doesn't? And that red Zone D you have certainly put the clamps down once I got there. Even if I could have gotten 10, instead of 6, at 21-17 late there would have been more sweat on the palms.

Well played game. Looking forward to playing you again one day.

13. PoloMD

PoloMD Walk On

can we chat afer the game? how?

14. Millertime

Millertime Guest

Didn't know we could chat either....

Nice win Polo. You played very well. Maybe by next season I'll have all of these buttons figured out. My hurry-up offense in the final minutes of the game looked like a high school team. :)

15. Kan

Kan Walk On

Lets all just chat on icq after games...the ps3 chatting is annoying

16. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Amen!!

I hate the PS3 message system...plus i dont have a keyboard hooked up to my PS3 so its even more annoying.

Stykman...u just have to push your PS button in the middle of your controller to get back to your Main screen where your friends list is.