Archived Week 7: 2 Minute Drill with Chris Berman

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by sawemoff, May 4, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Dec 29, 2011
    Welcome to the 2 Minute Drill. Today I come to you with a heavy heart and as is everyone here at ESPN after hearing about the tragic death to the iconic LB Junior Seau. You know when you grow up and watch your first football game ever you tend to immediately like someone. For me I watched my first Cowboy's game in the early 90s and immediately loved Emmitt Smith, so I know when he finally goes I will be just as sadden as most San Diego and NFL fans are today. After playing three years at USC, Seau, decided to enter the draft early. He would then be selected, fifth overall in the draft, to the San Diego Chargers. Seau would immediately be the face of the Bolts and earned the nickname "Tasmanian Devil" due to his wild antics on the field. The rookie in 1991 earned his first of twelve straight probowl appearances after putting up 85 tackles and starting all but one game. He would soon be dubbed one of the best LBs in the league and would lead the Chargers to a superbowl appearance against the 49ers. In that magically season he had a career high 129 tackles and 7 sacks, and had one of the greatest games he had ever played in the 1994 AFC Championship game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. In that game he would record 16 tackles while playing with a pinched nerve in his neck. He was truly a tough, tough player. After his 11th season the Bolts decided to part ways and traded him to the Dolphins. The stint there was only three years but due to an injury he decided to hang up his cleats. On August 14, 2006 Seau signed a one day contract so he could retire as Charger. But four days later he came right out of retirement and signed with the New England Patriots. There he helped the Patriots to an undefeated regular season and started every playoff game. Unfortunately, they would lose to New York 17-14. In the game he would only have two tackles but his leadership shined on the sidelines. After a couple of years of playing in New England he would retire a second time, this time for good. It did not take long for Junior to get into the Hall of Fame as it only took one ballot. He was introduced by none other fellow Charger Dan Fouts. His loss comes at the age of only 43 in Oceanside, California. This my friends is a tragedy and he will be dearly missed. Look to see his #55 jersey retired this year.​
    Instead of doing a pick'em I thought it would be best to end the show with a highlight reel. Enjoy.​

• Like Like x 5
  2. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

Apr 8, 2011
    nice touch man :)