Week 7 2011 Now Open - Deadline 9.28.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Sep 25, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 7 2011 Now Open - Deadline 9.28.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Week 7 Now Open

Please complete by September 28, 2010 7:00 a.m. EST

GBN v. GBN =

Bowling Green (Sox) @ Buffalo (mikedredd)

Temple (Radio) @ Miami, OH (Roady)

Scheduling Threads up shortly

[YOUTUBE]Ypkv0HeUvTc&ob=av3e[/YOUTUBE]​

Thanks!

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Scheduling Threads Up

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Toledo beat Ball St in double overtime 62-56

4. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

NIU defeats EMU in OT on a missed extra point 23-22

It was raining hard and the wind was 9 mph, which threw off the passing game completely. I could not hit open recievers, my QB would over throw on a ton of passes. The running game was not any better for the 1st time this year. I missed and point blank FG and extra point...lol

Ohh well a win is a win.

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Sorry i must of pissed EMU off since i shut them out last week. Glad u pulled off the victory though

6. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I definately was not expecting that kind of game, after I saw your score. I think u did piss them off because they definately played inspired. They were all over the run. Could not get anything going consistently on the ground. Their run D was better than the big boys I played early in the season. LOL

At 1 point I hand it 4th and 1 at the 3 and ran a toss sweep and they ate that shit up for a big loss.

7. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

Buffalo gets waxed again 35-0 by Bowling Green. Bulls are struggling, but we'll be back.

8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

This game had been circled on the calendar since the end of last season. Temple and Miami played a terrific, and hard fought game that came down to the last possession in a must win game for The Owls. It was a low scoring, snot-knocking, sound fundamental game and the next time could be upset special for Roadhouse.

Then again, the pregame buffet of lobster and corn on the cob with drawn butter, and movie style popcorn may not have been a good idea. The Miami training staff may have substituted the ky jelly for stick-um during the pre-game because these guys couldn't finish a tackle. It was sad.

The Redhawks hung tough for the first half and even had the lead twice, but key turnovers, a crazy punt return for a TD and some hit sticking, tackle breaking magic gives Radio an easy victory, 41-21. GG Man.

Next up, the first ever meeting between Miami and Western Michigan.

9. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

Homecoming weekend, USF came into InfoCision Stadium looking to put a damper on the weekend festivities, jumping out to an 14-0 lead in the first qrt. USF rb D. Murray would score on runs of(2yds, 23yds). 2nd qrt the Zips would answer back a long drive of over 6mins was rewarded by an 4yd TD run by G. Bowers, later in the qrt right before half-time the Akron's D step up an came away with a fumble recovery that was return 48yds by M. Walker to tie the game up at the half.
    The score remind that way (14-14) until the 4qrt that's when both teams match each other touchdowns. Both squads would play tic for tac all the way to the final whistle. End of regulation 28-28
    In overtime USF wasted no time scoring. The Bulls RB T. Butler ran one in from 19yds out to put USF ahead. PK M. Pittman shank the extra point giving the zips the opportunity to go ahead with the win. Akron did just that. Akron RB E. Howard score form 2yds out an PK Z. Campbell seal the deal with the extra point attempt.

**PLAYERS OF THE GAME**

USF: (RB) D. Murray 12 Car, 86 Yds, 2 TD
    ZIPS: (QB) B. Daniels - 18-29, 247 Yds, 2 TD

10. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

WMU moves to 6-1 with a solid win over Ohio. Ohio took a 14-0 lead, but WMU finished the game on a 34-3 run, largely behind the running attack led by RB Aaron Winchester, who finished with 30 carries for 157 yards and two scores.

WMU dominated time of possession more than 2:1 and was 82% successful on third downs. Excitement is brewing in Kalamazoo, as the Broncos are now bowl eligible.