Week 7 2012

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Sep 29, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 7!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (3-2) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State won 38-33 against Kent State (4-1).
    This week, the Spartans travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (5-0).

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (1-3) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan lost 25-14 against Akron (3-1).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Kent to face the Kent State Golden Flashes (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) LT Jonathan Harris has committed to Western Michigan
    - (*) DT Steve Summers has committed to Western Michigan

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Kent State lost 38-33 against San Jose State (3-2).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Western Michigan (1-3).

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-4) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 32-29 against FIU (2-3).
    This week, the Eagles travel to Akron to face the Akron Zips (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) DT Steve Summers has committed to Western Michigan
    - (*) LT Jonathan Harris has committed to Western Michigan

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 54-10 against Toledo (2-3).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host San Jose State (3-2).

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (4-1) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State won 35-7 against New Mexico (0-5).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Miami to face the FIU Golden Panthers (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following New Mexico State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Devon Ingram has committed to New Mexico State

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic lost 28-7 against BYU (1-4).
    This week, the Owls will host Buffalo (0-3).

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (2-3) ===============
    Last week, FIU won 32-29 against Eastern Michigan (0-4).
    This week, the Golden Panthers will host New Mexico State (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following FIU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) K Dontae Richardson has committed to USF
    - (****) FS Anthony Hill has committed to UCF
    - (****) LOLB Brian Brown has committed to Auburn

=============== Memphis Tigers (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Memphis won 49-31 against UNLV (1-3).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Albuquerque to face the New Mexico Lobos (0-5).

=============== Akron Zips (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Akron won 25-14 against Western Michigan (1-3).
    This week, the Zips will host Eastern Michigan (0-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Akron targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Michael Matthews has committed to Akron

=============== UNLV Rebels (1-3) ===============
    Last week, UNLV lost 49-31 against Memphis (2-2).
    This week, the Rebels will host Nevada (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following UNLV targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) C Vincent Adams has committed to Washington

=============== New Mexico Lobos (0-5) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico lost 35-7 against New Mexico State (4-1).
    This week, the Lobos will host Memphis (2-2).

2. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

• Like Like x 6
  3. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Eastern Michigan 10
    @​
    Akron 62

It was as much my defense causing 8 turnovers as it was an offensive explosion that led to 62 points. Nick Caponi led the way on defense with a remarkable 3 sacks despite being a run stopping defensive end he's having a great season with 8 sacks in 5 games. But the real story was JR SS Sheldon Miller with 7 tackles 3 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery. Leading the team in tackles this week were JR LB's Andy Hall & Kevin Mitchell who had 9 tackles a piece along with Hall having a fumble recovery and Mitchell a forced fumble. The only defensive TD was scored by SR MLB Brian Wagner on a 32 yard scoop and score but several other turnovers were taken deep into Eastern Michigan territory.​

On offense Akron didn't have a single player with 100 yards rushing on the season coming into the game. That changed as backup HB Karrell Bostick shredded the Eastern Michigan defense for 14 carries 167 yards and two scores including a 58 yard TD scamper. True FR and Kent State reject Jared Smith got his first career carry and managed to take it 38 yards to pay dirt. SO WR Pat Brown abused the EMU secondary to the tune of 7 catches for 156 yards and 1 TD.​

4. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Good guys win 49-6. Deceptive score. Not sure if it saved...my Xbox froze up at a connecting to servers screen.

5. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Beat Buffalo with a last second FG 27-24. I don't know what is up... couldn't get a offensive TD last game agasint BYU and got my ass kicked. This week could barely hold on vs Buffalo. FAU sits at 4-2.

6. Steamer43

Me and Blonde and Hammer and Crumb scheduled for tomorrow. Just need jkyle5 to play his game by tomorrow night. I'll advance late Friday Full Moon Fever I'll check your game before I go to bed, if its not up I'll put Oshio on AP so you can get that done.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Kent-49
    WMU-17

more details later today

8. Steamer43

9. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Late Saturday? or Late Friday?

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Yea Full Moon Fever I got the email with your game score so I think it went through.

11. nikpin

Those black people...with no job all the days run together.

• Like Like x 1
  12. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Its like everyday is friday.

13. Steamer43

Oops! Too excited to see Ole Miss @ Fresno State Saturday! :D We will advance late Tonight Friday as long as Jkyle plays the cpu.

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Or even if JKyle doesn't play the CPU.

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

"Bet on Blonde" should be a new motto

SJSU - 24
    MTSU - 17

San Jose State uses strong defense to hold off Mid Tennessee State, win 2nd straight against undefeated conference opponent

In a game that saw 38 of its 41 points get scored in the first half, San Jose State forced punts on MTSU's final two possessions to escape Murfreesboro with a 7 point win and remain undefeated in conference play. After an almost perfect game last week, SJSU QB Dasmen Stewart didn't play to that level this week, but was serviceable going 10/20 for 170 yards and 3 TD, with a lone INT. The star of the offense so far this year has been HB David Freeman, and he delivered once again, with 135 yards on 22 carries, including a 40 yard run to ice the game. The star of the game may have been WR Noel Grigsby. He only had 3 catches, but 2 were touchdowns, including a 58 yard touchdown that was all YAC. MTSU QB Logan Kilgore played terribly, going 8/22 for 186 yards, a TD, and 3 INTs. MTSU couldn't establish a real running game, and once they fell behind they were forced to use the pass to try and tie the game.

The game started with a quick INT by SJSU after getting MTSU in a 3rd and long to start the game. Unfortunately the Spartan offense only mustered a couple yards and had to settle for a FG to take an early 3-0 lead. After another defensive stop, Stewart threw his lone INT for SJSU, and the Blue Raiders capitalized with a quick 36 yard TD pass to take a 7-3 lead. On the next possession, Noel Grigsby would take a WR screen 58 yards to the house. The possession afterwards Grigsby caught another TD, this one from 10 yards out to give the Spartans a commanding 17-7 lead. After MTSU responded with a TD of their own, San Jose State managed to march downfield and score a touchdown with :12 left in the half.

The 2nd half was all defense, with the lone score coming on an MTSU field goal midway through the 4th after a long bomb got the Blue Raiders in the red zone. MTSU got several shots at tying the game in the 4th, but couldn't convert 3rd downs, and their defense finally broke down and allowed the Spartans to get a few first downs and run out the clock on their final possession.

Steamer43 GG

16. nikpin

So advance eh?

17. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

You have 1 conference loss Blonde

18. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I got a disconnected message and it wouldn't let me reconnect after mine and crumbs game. Can someone see if it went thru?

19. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Someone check and see if mine and crumbs game went through. I got d/c and when a game goes thru I usually get an email, I didn't for this one.

20. nikpin

I'm showing a 38-16 final.

21. Full Moon Fever

I still gotta recruit. Will do in about an hour.

22. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Good hopefully it goes thru

23. Full Moon Fever

box.JPG

Memphis beats New Mexico 49-6.

Memphis improves to 3-2 (2-0) while the nightmare season continues for the winless Lobos.

This was a fun game and the score was very misleading. New Mexico controlled the clock for most of the first half, but just couldn't find the endzone. Conversely, I couldn't hardly make a first down, but somehow managed to string a few plays together to find paydirt.

In the second half things evened out a bit, and the score got more lopsided than the game felt. In addition to a turnover discrepency of 5 for UNM and 0 for Memphis, the Tigers returned a kickoff and a punt for touchdowns in the second half.

This was really a strange game. The interceptions really killed New Mexico's chances and gave me great field position. 49 points, but only 11 first downs. I'm not sold on my new WVU playbook, but my line is not nearly as good as they were last year (and they weren't very good last year) and I just couldn't see myself winning games with the ground and pound that I used last year.

GG Oshiomogho.

24. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I got used to playing Madden online with NFL caliber playcalling, trusting the QBs, then coming to NCAA, players are not as good. Then coming to New Mexico... well lets just say I think Andrew Luck in 7th grade was probably better then my QBs now.

I still try to read the defense but i dont have as much time with this line (which actually played the best ive seen it yet this week). Then I still throw mid/deeper routes that he just cant make.

I feel I am very competitive, but I give games away with the turnovers. I knew this year would be a wash so I am recruiting as hard as New Mexico can and I am playing young talent that will help build this program

25. Bl0ndeRedHead

With these small schools you really have to adjust your gameplay. Take my team for example, my QB is a 62 with terrible throwing skills. So when I pass, I check down quite a bit, or call quick developing routes because my offensive line is porous. I've learned how to dissect defenses rather well with shitty QBs. You learn to read where the blitz is coming from and dump it off quick in that direction, or use multiple formations to see which one is more effective with certain routes.