Week 7, 2012

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

One of the best weeks of the season guys. Great game between Fred Limbo and wayers50, that matchup looks to become one of the great rivalries in Chompions League. A lot of movement in the top 10 as well, with four teams falling last weekend. Who will be the next to fall?​
    #4 Wisconsin @ Purdue​
    #10 Michigan vs. Illinois​
    #5 Virginia Tech vs. Duke​
    #21 Notre Dame vs. Stanford​
    #8 Florida @ Vanderbilt​
    #15 Auburn @ Ole Miss​
    #11 Arkansas vs. Kentucky​
    #7 Ohio State @ Indiana​
    User Game of the Week: #21 Notre Dame vs. Stanford​

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  2. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I will be doing my game and recruiting sometime tonight. I have summer football camp then going to see batman tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Sounds good

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Buckeyes Dominate on the Road
    It took some time, but Urban Meyer's offense is starting to take form with Ohio State. Braxton Miller, building off of his Big 10 Player of the Week Performance, had another fantastic game. Miller scored a total of six touchdowns and played turnover-free football for three quarters before leaving the game early.

Braxton Miller: 13-18 for 184 yards, 3 TD. 10 carries for 156 yards, 3 TD.

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I have work tomorrow, so 36-hours is extended a bit...up at 3:00 ET tomorrow. Of course, at the rate we have been going, everyone will probably be done tonight!

6. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Today in an ACC battle the #5 VA Tech Hokies take on the upstart Duke Blue Devils who have won 5 straight after dropping their season opener against FIU. This Duke team is not to be taken lightly since they already have a road win over Stanford. "This team is good and we will have to play a good clean game to beat them. They are not the Duke teams of the past" says Coach Ransom in a interview days before the game. The Hokies go into the game without their leading rusher Michael Holmes, who be out 6 weeks with broken ribs after the Carolina game. RB's Tony Gregory and JC Coleman will have to pick up the slack with Holmes out and look for Logan Thomas to do a liltle bit more running than usual.

7. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Arkansas bounces back against Kentucky, Wins 27-10
    Untitled.png
    Tyler Wilson had another solid game after an emotional loss to Auburn. "We just wanted to come out and not have a hangover from last game", Coach Wayers said. Wilson shredded Kentucky's defense going 23 of 33 for over 300 yards. Arkansas's top two runningbacks, Knile Davis and Dennis Johnson, went down with injuries early and 3rd string running back Ronnie Wingo stepped up and made some plays. Davis and Johnson should both be ready for next weeks game.​
    Untitled.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

The Hokie offense has been the subject of conversation as of late, experts are saying the defense is Championship caliber and the offense not so much. "We don't care what they say, our offense doesn't have to be flashy and put up a billion yards. They just have to perform well enough for us to win" says Coach Ransom after the Hokies 24-10 win over the Duke Blue Devils. The offense was peformed well today with the ground game accounting for 135 yards and Logan Thomas going 15 for 17 and 2 touchdowns. Dyrell Roberts was the star of the game with 7 receptions for 85 yards and provided a huge spark in the return game with 3 kickoff returns for 136 yards and a touchdown. The touchdown came towards the end of the 1st half after the Blue Devils scored and got it within 7 points before halftime. After the score Roberts took the kickoff 94 yards for a touchdown which kept the Hokies in the lead for good. Next week the Hokies travel to Death Valley to face the Clemson Tigers in a rematch of last years ACC Championship game.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  9. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

The Tigers Jump out to a huge lead early after scooping up a fumble and a pick take them both to the house.... we had back-ups in before the half and pounded on Old Miss..​
    ScreenHunter_09 Jul. 26 18.48.jpg ScreenHunter_08 Jul. 26 18.48.jpg

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Good wins guys. Make sure you answer the question in Ben thread, midseason Q&A, which was a great idea. Interested to see some of your responses.

11. jandy

jandy Walk On

Looks like we're just waiting on Glen Cieske for week 7. Let's advance tonight, I'm itching to see which recruits I signed!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ben

Ben Walk On

Yea i want to advance tonight too. I'm itching to get back on the field with my Dawgs!

13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Im going to sleep soon (up tomorrow morning, 720 am). If he has played by then, i'll try to sneak an advance in before I head out

14. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Just got out of the theater heading home and I will be playing/recruiting

15. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On