Week 7 (2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Jul 14, 2010
  2. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Jul 3, 2012
    Michigan barely skates past Purdue with the victory 31-28

Michigan runners couldn't hold on to the ball today, fumbling the ball 3 times and allowing Purdue to have the lead most of the game.

Down by 4 with under two minutes left Michigan was driving, trying to keep their national championship hopes alive. The Wolverines needed two 4th down conversions to keep the drive going, and with under 7 seconds left at the 1-yard line, out of timeouts, Michigan was faced with the decision of run or pass. If the Wolverines ran the ball but didn't get in the clock would run out, so coach B pulled the trigger on a PA fake. Senior QB Gardner hit the unlikeliest of players, the fullback Hopkins, for the game winning touchdown with just 4 seconds left. **I've never seen the CPU on crack like they were this game. Purdue? lol. Toussaint got hit in the backfield like 10 times in the game. Shit was ridiculous.
  3. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Dec 22, 2011
    Wake Forest Handles #23 Miami, 27-3, Adopts New Mascot

After rookie head coach Selvy took Wake Forest to an 11-3 record, an ACC title, and an Orange Bowl victory, fans of the Demon Deacons were looking forward to a little more respect in 2013. After starting the year 4-0, with 3 of those wins coming by 3+ TDs, Wake Forest fans were expecting to see a little number by their name. Instead, the Deacons remained unranked heading to south Florida to take on the #23 ranked Miami Hurricanes, who already have a loss on the record. Wake Forest took this as a chance to show they belong. The Deacons took the opening kick off on a 14 play, 5 minute drive and put the game out of reach in the 2nd quarter with a pick 6 to make it 17-0. Despite everyone in Joe Robbie Pro Player Land Shark Dolphins Sun Life Stadium knowing that Wake was going to run the ball, the visitors from Winston-Salem still controlled the ball, controlled the clock, and easily left Miami with the win, and hopefully some respect.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Feb 17, 2011
    Notre Dame Kicks #5 Badgers Out of Own House

The Irish went into cheeseville and slapped the Badgers around. It got off to a pretty slow start, but by the middle of the 3rd quarter the 2nd strings were in to wind the clock down. The bad news out of this game is QB Everett Golson was knocked out for the rest of the season with a torn quad. Fortunately, that is the one spot brimming with depth and we shouldn't miss a beat with any one of the next 3 taking over.

The key to this game was an incredible ball hawking D, as we had 5 picks. I wish I could show the highlight of my safety knocking a ball down, having it bounced down his leg, off his knee, off his foot, and then he dove and caught it. Unfortunately, the download failed after the game again, if I have time later I'll try to reupload it from my Xbox, really an insane play.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012