Week 7, 2013

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Alright guys, the user game was played last week and it looks like all of our glitches and troubles are finally behind us (knock on wood). I really hope to see the quantity of content pick back up. Most of you are starting to rake in recruits so now's a great time to start posting content in the recruiting forum too. Congrats to ssuwr86 for pulling in the #1 HB in the country, Tyler Brink. Big game this week vs. H22APWRD94 and MrWitness36 with big SEC implications. Good luck to everyone and let's move through Week 7 as well as we did with Week 6.

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 24-20 against Northwestern (4-1).
    This week, the Buckeyes are idle.

=============== #3 Oregon Ducks (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 67-31 against Colorado (3-2).
    This week, the Ducks travel to Seattle to face the Washington Huskies (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LT Michael Harrell has committed to Oregon
    - (****) DT Andrew Williams has committed to Oregon

=============== #10 LSU Tigers (5-1) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 35-13 against Mississippi State (4-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host #18 Florida (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) SS Jeffrey Walker has committed to LSU

=============== #8 Texas A&M Aggies (4-1) ===============
    Last week the Aggies were idle.
    This week, the Aggies travel to Oxford to face the Ole Miss Rebels (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB David Leonard has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #18 Florida Gators (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Florida lost 23-21 against Arkansas (5-1).
    This week, the Gators travel to Baton Rouge to face the #10 LSU Tigers (5-1).

=============== #25 Arkansas Razorbacks (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 23-21 against Florida (3-2).
    This week, the Razorbacks will host South Carolina (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Justin Gates has committed to Vanderbilt
    - (***) MLB Jeff McMahan has committed to Ole Miss
    - (*****) HB Tyler Brink has committed to Nebraska

=============== #6 Nebraska Cornhuskers (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 20-0 against Illinois (2-3).
    This week, the Cornhuskers travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Wesley Godfrey has committed to Nebraska
    - (*****) HB Tyler Brink has committed to Nebraska
    - (***) RG Dan Hill has committed to Nebraska
    - (***) RG Fabian Drew has committed to Nebraska

=============== UCLA Bruins (2-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 31-13 against Utah (3-2).
    This week, the Bruins will host California (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Garrett Davis has committed to USC
    - (**) MLB Mark Collins has committed to San Diego State

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 45-38 against Indiana (3-2).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #5 Michigan (5-0).

=============== Wisconsin Badgers (3-2) ===============
    Last week the Badgers were idle.
    This week, the Badgers will host Northwestern (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Justin Coleman has committed to Illinois
    - (****) RT Victor Douglas has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) HB Scott Edmonds has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #22 USC Trojans (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Trojans were idle.
    This week, the Trojans will host Arizona (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Garrett Davis has committed to USC
    - (***) P Jeff Schroeder has committed to USC
    - (****) LT Derek McCauley has committed to USC
    - (***) DT Ryan Goddard has committed to USC

2. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

What about coach xp? Is that fixed as well?

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Not yet. That will hopefully come with a patch

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

H22APWRD94 and @MRWitness 36 -- if you could play tonight that'd be awesome. Jbek and I would like to play our week 9 on Wednesday, if possible. Definitely looking far ahead for ours but just a heads up

5. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

Michigan Upset in Happy Valley Classic

#5 UM 14 3 0 7 24
    ... PSU 0 14 7 10 31​

Any critics still questioning this Penn State squad were silenced saturday evening as the program claimed their first victory over a top five opponent for the 2013' campaign. In what has been a media obsession, Christian Hackenberg continues to add to his young legacy, retaining an undefeated record and adding a huge win to his team's resume. "It feels like we just won the superbowl out there," The young Hackenberg exclaimed while his teammates ecstaticly celebrated around him. "You know, we just keep at it, keep doing what has been working for us, try not to get too psyched and just go out there and have fun. The crowd was absolutely nuts today, you know, you try to imagine what it's like playing infront of 105,000 , but it's another thing actually doing it, especially in a big game like this. Now we have a week to soak all this in, and then get ready for the next big one."

The Wolverines shot out of the gate, scoring two first quarter touchdowns in convincing fashion. Fitzgerald Touissant was a man-possessed, stringing together gain after gain, and as the second quarter commenced, it seemed as if the Beaver Stadium crowd had already been severely deflated. But, momentum took a huge swing, and Penn State answered with two solid drives and two touchdowns to knot the game at 14 all. In what has been a theme this season, The Nittany lions seemed to get better as the game progressed. Hackenberg found his rhythm early, which factored very importantly as the Michigan Defense shut down Zack Zwinak and the Penn State rushing attack for a better part of the contest. The wolverines entered half time with a 17-14 lead, thanks to a short field goal as time expired.

The Penn State offense continued to shine in the second half, but the same could not be said for the Michigan attack. Deion Barnes was the story of the second half, and a major reason for Michigan's offensive troubles. The Sophomore Star racked up four sacks, tieing a team record and doubling his season total. The wolverines were outscored 17-0 going into the final minute of the game, but Devin Gardner padded the linescore with a 38 yard Touchdown strike. Their desperate attempt to recover an onside kick was thwarted by a leaping Brandon Moseby-Felder, who quickly covered the ball and fell to the ground before jumping up in joy with his fellow teammates. Then, the young Hackenberg led his team onto the field, and took a kneel as Happy Valley erupted in euphoric jubilation.

Game Notes:

= Freshman Quarterback Christian Hackenberg completed 16 of 22 passes for 247 yards. He threw two touchdowns and no interceptions.

= Junior Tailback Zack Zwinak rushed the ball for 82 yards on 20 carries. He punched it into the paint for two scores.

= Junior Slot Reciever Alex Kenney caught 4 passes for 53 yards and one touchdown.

= Senior Wideout Brandon Moseby-Felder hauled in 4 passes for 80 yards.

= Junior Wideout Allen Robinson caught 3 passes for 72 yards.

= Sophomore Tightend Kyle Carter continued to dominate, catching 3 passes for 40 yards and a game-tieing touchdown.

= Sophomore Defensive End Deion Barnes recorded 4 sacks, doubling his season total.

= Senior Middle Linebacker and Defensive Team Captain Glenn Carson recorded 6 solo tackles and one interception.

= Penn State is idle next week, but faces Conference Juggernaut Ohio State as their next opponent in week 9

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Fantastic write up and an even better win. That's the kind of victory than can give a program so much momentum, there's no doubt you'll be ranked come next week. Well see how long that ranking will stick though when you come to Columbus with a freshman QB

7. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

H22APWRD94 let me know when you can go. I'm free the rest of the day.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

You replied inside the quote box, might want to edit so H22 can see the message easier

9. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

[​IMG]
    USC BEATS UP ON ARIZONA 52-21 IMPROVE TO 5-0
    If you have never head the saying "The best defense is a good offense" then you need to keep an eye on the USC Trojans at the midway point in the college season the Trojans have out scored their opponents 205-96!!! The Wildcats would take an early 14-0 lead before the Trojans would find a rhythm on offense and completely take over the game with their dominating air attack led by QB Max Wittek, but not to be outdone the Trojan defense came up big allowing only 120 yards thru the air for Arizona as well as forcing the Wildcat QB to throw 3 INTs. The defensive star for USC was Torin Harris who came up with 2 of the 3 INTs for the Trojan defense returning one 49 yards for a TD in the victory. Next week the Trojans will travel to South Bend for their first true test of the season as they take on the #17 Notre Dame Fighting Irish.​

• Like Like x 2
  10. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Badgers win 49-21​
    The closest this game ever got was in the second quarter when Northwestern scored to bring the game to 14-7. From then on Wiconsin dominated and showed they are still a team that cannot be taken lightly. Tanner McEvoy was almost flawless, he threw one interception but was on target all game long and threw for a season high in yards. The Badgers offensive line had their best game of the year so far. The badgers defense smothered the Wildcats for most of the game, only late in the third when the Badgers began to rest did NW begin to string together big plays. The Badgers defense held NW under 100 total yards in the first half.​
    Badgers
    McEvoy 14-18 261 2TD 1INT​
    James White 19-130-3​
    Melvin Gordon 11-70-1​
    Tanner McEvoy 7-14-1​
    Abbrederis 4-126​
    Duckworth 4-74-2​
    Northwestern
    Kain Colter 21-26 218 3TD​
    Venric Mark 16-39​
    Kain Colter 9-23​
    Venric Mark 7-45​
    Christian Jones 5-49-2​
    Kyle Prater 4-53-1​

• Like Like x 1
  11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Defense To the Rescue!
    [​IMG]
    DeVante Harris snags one of his two interceptions​
    Texas A&M overcomes offensive misfires to beat Ole Miss 28-20 in Oxford
    If we've learned one this so far this year it is that there are NO easy games in the SEC. Johnny Manziel had another bad passing performance throwing 3 picks and a lost fumble, but the defense saved his ass again with three picks of their own to keep The Rebels in check.​
    Manziel redeemed himself somewhat with a huge 61 yard run in the 3rd to put A&M up by two scores 28-17. The defense did their job again by forcing Ole Miss to settle for a field goal with just over 2 minutes remaining. The Aggies kept in on the ground the rest of the way with Ben Malena carving up a Rebel defense that was obviously keying on Manziel.​
    Stats:​
    Manziel - 9/16 for 125, 2 TDs, and 3 INTs. 147 rushing yards and 2 TDs​
    Ben Malena - 20 rushes for 131​
    Mike Evans 4 catches for 61 yards​
    Player of the game: DeVante Harris with 2 tackles and two much needed INTs​

• Like Like x 2
  12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I need an easy game soon or Johnny Manziel is going to have a breakdown and run away to Tijuana!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

ssuwr86 and CJTHA1

Haven't heard from you guys yet about today's game. Would like to get the advance in after the user game, which kicks of at 9:30 cst

14. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Too much partying has caught up to Johnny Football huh!?

15. jandy

jandy Walk On

[​IMG] 55-52 [​IMG]
    PHEW! DUCKS WIN IN OVERTIME, 55-52​
    It only takes one look at the score to realize this was a quintessential PAC-12 shootout. Both teams were clicking on offense and struggling severely on defense in the rainy conditions. Oregon was able to overcome 5 turnovers, including 2 INT's and 3 fumbles (All by QB Marcus Mariota), and pull out the win. One of the interceptions occurred on a hail mary attempt in the fourth quarter as time expired, but it was still the other turnovers that almost doomed the Ducks. ​
    The game started off in the worst way imaginable for Oregon: an INT on the first drive, and fumbles on the next 2 drives. Due to these crucial turnovers, the Ducks found themselves down 17-0 QUICKLY. Washington QB Keith Price was dazzling as he picked apart the Oregon D. He was able to find his favorite target, TE Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, anytime and anywhere on the field; it was almost as if the Duck defense decided not to cover him the whole game. Despite the slow start, the Ducks were able to chip away at the Washington lead behind the Heisman hopeful, De'Anthony Thomas, and a 28-point outburst in the second quarter. At halftime, the Huskies led by 3, 31-28. ​
    The second half saw more of the same, as both teams traded punches and the lead. The Ducks would charge down the field for six, only to be matched by the Huskies. Thomas was once again the Oregon savior, as he took back to back kickoffs to the house in the 3rd quarter, but as the period came to a close, Washington held the lead, 45-42. ​
    Oregon was able to score a touchdown soon after the fourth quarter began, and took the lead 49-45. On the ensuing Husky possession, Washington was forced to punt, which was a rarity in this one. Oregon milked the clock on their next drive, but unfortunately couldn't all but seal the victory with a touchdown, and instead settled for a field goal. This put them up by 7, 52-45, with 1:23 remaining. At this point, Coach Anderson was nervous because his defense had struggled all day. He just hoped that the D could at least hold them to a field goal.​
    With no timeouts left, Keith Price dropped back and threw it deep to Sefarian-Jenkins, but it was too long. On the next play, he found WR Kasen Williams for a 30 yard gain. Then, with 1:04 remaining, Price connected with his tight end, Sefarian-Jenkins on a deep ball; SJ caught it, shrugged off the Oregon safety, and strolled into the endzone, tying the game at 52. ​
    On the kickoff, De'Anthony Thomas looked to once again take it to the house, but unfortunately only made it 28 yards and paid for it. He was briefly knocked out of the game, but as the primary playmaker for the Oregon offense, this was a huge blow. Looking for just a field goal, the Ducks began their drive to attempt to win the game. Marcus Mariota proved he wasn't on his A game today, however, as he dropped back, couldn't find anyone open, and rolled out. He was met by a spying linebacker and coughed up the ball! It was recovered by Washington, and with :40 left, had a short field and only needed a field goal to win the game. They were unable to get a first down though, and with :12 left, lined up for a 45-yard field goal to win it. As the kick went up, the Oregon sideline erupted. The football gods were with them on this day, as they pushed the ball wide-right, and breathed life into the Ducks. ​
    In overtime, the Oregon defensive line, which for most of the game had absolutely no pressure, was able to sack Price on back to back plays. They then stopped RB Bishop Sankey in the backfield on a screen pass, and Washington found themselves with 4th and very long. Keith Price dropped back and sailed one over his target, turning the ball over on downs and giving the Ducks a chance to win the game. Oregon seized the opportunity, running the ball once for a 10 yard gain, and then kicking the field goal for the win. ​
    TL;DR - That was one hell of a game, and honestly, I can't believe I won. Keith Price was playing like a man on a mission and was damn near unstoppable. Turnovers almost screwed me, but thankfully I pulled it out and live to see another week undefeated. Whew.​

• Like Like x 4
  16. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

That's one I wish I could have watched. DAT is far and away the Heisman favorite barring injury.

17. jandy

jandy Walk On

It was definitely the most wild game I've ever played. I could not for the life of me stop Washington's offense, which is proven by the score lol. At the end of the day, I just had the best player on the field and he carried me to victory once again. DAT is something special...and then some

• Like Like x 1
  18. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Hell of a game, hell of a win jandy. That should definitely put DAT in the Heisman forefront....DAT juke on the KR was just :wideyed:. Would have sucked if you lost that, but I'm loving that the CPU is pushing users on a weekly basis. I for one had a blast playing Northwestern last week even in a near-loss.

19. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Luckily for you, you are good enough to take full advantage of DATs abilities. I've never been good at kick and punt returns for some reason so it would be a waste for me. I also am hesitant to put my best offensive weapons back there for returns.

20. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

and I had problems with Az state but yet destroyed NW

21. jandy

jandy Walk On

I'm a little nervous that he'll get hurt like he did in this game, but he's just too damn good and fast not to have back there lol

22. jandy

jandy Walk On

I loved the juke, but the way he held out the ball as if to taunt the two would-be tacklers was just awesome

• Like Like x 2
  23. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I think part of it was that I was on the road. Homefield advantage definitely plays a role, especially if your players get cold which mine did because of the early turnovers.

• Like Like x 2
  24. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I could just hear him saying "Here take it, sike!"

• Like Like x 1
  25. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

If my team can keep up the current pace I'm on a collision course with Oregon for the PAC-12 title. Just gotta stay out of the upset clutches of UCLA!!!