Week 7 2013

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Nov 4, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 7!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (2-3) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State lost 56-7 against Mid Tenn State (4-1).
    This week, the Spartans travel to Kent to face the #18 Kent State Golden Flashes (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following San Jose State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Eric Henderson has committed to USC
    - (****) LG Lucas Nelson has committed to Stanford

=============== #18 Kent State Golden Flashes (4-0) ===============
    Last week the Golden Flashes were idle.
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host San Jose State (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) ROLB Kyle Morton has committed to Kent State

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (5-1) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State won 34-27 against New Mexico (2-3).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (4-1).

=============== Akron Zips (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Akron won 52-28 against UNLV (2-2).
    This week, the Zips will host Western Michigan (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Akron targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Nick Henderson has committed to Akron

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (1-4) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic won 58-20 against Eastern Michigan (0-4).
    This week, the Owls will host Troy (3-2).

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (0-5) ===============
    Last week, FIU lost 42-35 against Louisville (4-0).
    This week, the Golden Panthers will host Eastern Michigan (0-4).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 56-7 against San Jose State (2-3).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host New Mexico State (5-1).

=============== New Mexico Lobos (2-3) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico lost 34-27 against New Mexico State (5-1).
    This week, the Lobos travel to Memphis to face the Memphis Tigers (3-1).

=============== Memphis Tigers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Memphis won 35-25 against Western Michigan (1-5).
    This week, the Tigers will host New Mexico (2-3).

2. DirtycashDylan

What was that, a 14 hour week? Good job guys.

3. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Damn you already got a :4stars:? I'm going quanity over quality this class.

4. DirtycashDylan

Easiest 4* I've ever signed that wasn't initially interested. I'll have more after this week.

5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I was pleasantly surprised that I went from being off the board to #1 on a 4* QB in just 3 weeks. Now I have a 700 PT lead on his #2 and feel pretty comfortable with it. He's a lot like DCD's freshman. B spd and agility, B+ Acc, B ThP B- ThA. Giggity.

6. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

You're just asking for some neg recruiting posting that in here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Full Moon Fever

If you have the extra minutes to spend negative recruiting me on a guy I have a 700 PT lead on, feel free :)

8. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Fuck a bunch of highlights. 2 of the last 3 weeks I hurry and try to save some highlights, score doesn't report, and game has to be replayed. Steamer43 can you go on auto before you leave?

9. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

That was a damn good game too, I was going to do a nasty writeup

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Gentlemen and Scholars Collide​

[​IMG]

S3Wk7.JPG
    S3Wk7TS.JPG
    Murfressboro, TN -- The Aggies on New Mexico State headed east of the Mississippi to face off with the Blue Raiders of MTSU in hopes of avenging a stinging 3 point loss from last year.​

Both teams started the game conservative feeling one another out not taking many risks. Then the Aggies were able to sustain a long drive that was finally capped off by an 8 yd Robert Clay TD run. On MTSU's next possession they threw a pick, which set up another touchdown off the good field position. Robert Clay again found the endzone, this time from 37 yards out. The Aggies and Clay were able to add another score in the first again on the legs of Clay, from 39 yards out, giving them a 21-0 blitzkrieg lead and Clay 3 rushing TD's in the first quarter.​

BUT NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! MTSU's defense stiffened up and they began to move the ball more effectively down the field avoiding the turnovers and stalled drives. The punched it in twice in the 2nd quarter as NMSU only tacked on a FG making it a 24-14 half time score.​

Things slowed down significantly in the second half. Neither team found the endzone in the 3rd and NMSU tacked on another FG giving them a 13 point lead.​

The Blue Raiders stormed back in the 4th and after another long drive QB Will Davis found WR Christian from 16 yards out cutting the lead to 6. The Aggies were able to get the ball back on a big one handed interception from big play CB Sam Oyengua (2nd of the game). While trying to run the clock out, Clay again broke through for a TD run from 15 yds out putting the game out of reach. To seal the deal the Aggies recovered a fumble on the ensuing kick off and were able to run the clock out and escape with a win.​

The story of the game was NMSU winning the turnover battle 5-0. The Aggie D forced 3 Interceptions and recovered 2 fumbles.​

The usual focal point of the Aggie offense, QB Dustin Luke took a back seat today only going 8-14 for 98 YDS 0 TD. The Aggies got the run game going early and rode it to the finish line. Senior backup HB Robert Clay who has been overshadowed by the injured All American Sean Huggins finished his career day with 253 yds 4 TD on 31 carries.​

The Aggies have two straight bye weeks (WTF!) as they prepare for a showdown with DirtycashDylan 's ranked Kent State in their first ever conference meeting. The Aggies improve to 6-1 (3-0) on the year.​

11. DirtycashDylan

It feels like I haven't played you in forever.

12. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

We haven't played this release in this OD.

Getcha popcorn ready!

13. DirtycashDylan

Can I get a scouting report?

14. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Are we going to drop to 10 teams next years. We have two active participants in one division and 6 in the other...

15. DirtycashDylan

Or we could switch Ohio with Michigan to put Nik and I in the West and even it out so that way we could keep a championship game. Just an idea.

and I'm sure Blonde will be back.

16. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

another heart breaking loss. Ill let Fever recap fully as its too late for me

another game with next to no offense and some pretty good defense for me. was down 16-10 to memphis mid 4th and mounted a slow efficient drive and just as he starts to panic, my QB fumbles and they scoop and run bad to make it 2 possessions and i get the ball back with a rattled QB and no chance.

we had to play 7 quarters, all of which was very evenly matched IMO but i had no offense and he has the quickest little HB ive ever seen! wow

good game fever

17. Full Moon Fever

You too Oshi. When you got the ball down 6 there were about 6 minutes left. You had just crossed into fg range and there was 1:45. I had to start forcing the issue and playing to get stops or give up the score quickly so I'd have time to mount a drive of my own. Recap coming after I upload these highlights.

18. Full Moon Fever

highlight pic.JPG

box.JPG

Memphis Bests New Mexico 23-10

MEMPHIS - The New Mexico Lobos came into Memphis on a cool and rainy November day. They scored quickly by exploiting poor coverage for a 93-yard touchdown pass on 3rd and 14, and then became embattled with the Tigers for three solid quarters. Nursing a 10-7 lead at the start of the fourth quarter, the Tigers' promising drive was halted by an apparent EA server issue.

On the restart, things started fairly similar for the Tigers. They gave up a 46 yard touchdown to a wide open receiver on the first drive of the game and were quickly in a 7 point hole. But the Tigers answered back with a 46 yard touchdown of their own when Brent Johnson found star wideout Justin McKnight streaking between the safeties midway through the first quarter. The Tigers would tack on a field goal, and have a chance to extend their lead before halftime, but a poor decision by backup QB Will Gilchrest gave the ball right back to the Lobos with just a few seconds left before the half. Two plays later and the teams headed into the locker room in a 10-10 deadlock.​

Both defenses were stout throughout the game, but it was the Memphis Tigers who were able to get the game changer with just 1:29 left in the game.​

The Tigers seemingly extended their 13-10 lead early in the 4th quarter when Rhodes wiggled his way into the endzone, but a holding call made it 2nd and goal from the 15, and two dropped passes later, the Tigers were forced to kick a fg, making the score 16-10 in favor of the good guys.​

But the Lobos wouldn't roll over THAT easily. With 6+ minutes left, New Mexico became hell-bent on working the clock down in a time consuming, defensively frustrating drive which included one miraculous conversion on 3rd down and 6 with 4 minutes left.​

After shrugging off a defensive tackle like hammerhead1010 and his brethren shrug off modern hygiene and educational practices, Walton sprints to his right before making a jump pass across his body to receiver streaking the opposite direction. Naturally, it's a perfect throw and the ball is caught for the first down.

With a fresh set of downs, Walton continued to matriculate the ball down the field at a snail's pace, milking the clock like Dylan milks his cock when there are gyrating male strippers on the stage.

Just a few plays later Memphis found themselves calling a timeout to preserve time as the Lobo drive had consumed 4+ minutes and were just crossing into field goal range.

Said Coach Fever, "We had to do something. They were methodically moving the rock down the field. I was afraid if I didn't start calling some heavy blitzes they were going to milk it all the way to zero and have a good chance to win the game."

But the Lobos never got that chance. After successful scrambles earlier in the drive, Walton's last scramble proved to be costly, as senior defensive back Jamie Nixon was able to rip the ball out of Walton's hand like Steamer43 rips out his Fresno State media guides whenever somebody is misinformed on any factual tidbit dealing with the Bulldogs.

The Tiger defense was able to scoop it up and run it back nearly 80 yards for the score, all but putting the game away with a now 23-10 lead.

GG Oshi.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DirtycashDylan

20. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

What the fuck are you doing up?!

21. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Dude I dont even know how im going to play game to game. 3 seasons 3 playbooks. This year is my most balanced attack yet tho so be ready.

22. Full Moon Fever

Shouldn't wait more than 24 hours for a cpu game imo.