Week 7, 2013

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

A quick note about the game between Boraby and CJTHA1 last week Week 6 game. After trying to play several times and experiences several dropped connections/freezes, we had to unfortunately sim the game. At the end of the day these are still your teams built by the players you recruited (though more true in the future). When this happens you just got to hope for the best and see if your team can pull out the W, and if not it's not the end of the world for you or your program. It was the first game we had to sim, but unfortunately probably won't be the last.​
    With that being said, two great user games on the docket this week. Hopefully we won't run into any technical difficulties. Good luck.​
    #13 Virginia Tech @ West Virginia​
    #1 Auburn vs. Clemson​
    #4 Ohio State @ Penn State​
    #20 Oklahoma vs. #23 Texas Tech​
    #7 Georgia @ Tennessee​
    #6 Florida @ #12 LSU
    #5 Texas vs. Ole Miss​
    #18 Georgia Tech @ Oklahoma State​
    User Game of the Week: #2 Notre Dame vs. #9 Michigan

2. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

Uf what's ur schedule like tomorrow(Wednesday)

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Jon Jon Anderson

4. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Auburn loses Heisman Hopeful Frazier early in the game for 3 weeks probly ending his Heisman hopes for the year but also might make him come back for a senior year... RS Freshman and the future of the program Zeke Pike comes in and throws for 300+ and 5 tds as the tigers rout Clemson,,
    *note this is Auburn's biggest recruiting weekend with 10+ of there top targets on campus... we will see what kind of fruit comes out of the week..
    ScreenHunter_03 Aug. 15 12.05.jpg ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 15 12.05.jpg ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 15 12.05.jpg

6. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

7. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

@Daplaymaker...I get off at 7:30 it takes me 15 minutes to get home so it it will be between 7:45 and 8 ok.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

I'll be on around 7:45ish just sign on here or on the psn and we'll get it in, gotta try to get started before 8:30 if possible.

9. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  10. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

Jon Jon Anderson gonna get a look at the fresh offense of the LSU Tigers headed by True Freshman Tyler Hardy taking over at QB.

11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Haha Tyler Hardy, Glen Cieske knows a thing or two about him

12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Buckeyes Escape Déja Vu in Happy Valley
    In an eerily similar game to their lone loss last season, the Buckeyes exorcized demons enroute to a 23-20 victory over Penn State. Much like in last year's loss, OSU struggled with ball security, turning the ball over four times in the first half, three by the way of the fumble. And much like in last year's game, Penn State forced a tie in the final minutes. But this time, led by a matured Braxton Miller, the Buckeyes escaped overtime and defeat.
    Miller had what could be a staple performance in his Heisman candidacy. He threw his second interception of the season early in the first half, but bounced back to throw for 204 yards, run for 138, and score both Buckeye touchdowns. More notably, he orchestrated the game winning drive with just more than a minute left, using his arm and legs to move the Buckeyes into field goal range. Senior kicker Drew Basil finished off the job, converting from 46 yards for the win.
    Ohio State hosts Wisconsin next week in a game that should once again decide the Leaders Division. Ohio State hopes to have Ray Hall back in a lineup that sorely needs his versatility.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ben

Ben Walk On

4th quarter comeback! Georgia overcomes 18 point deficit.
    ggb.gif ttd.gif
    Georgia was still high coming off its 56-28 thromping of, what was 12th ranked, UCLA last week. They came into Neyland Stadium thinking this would be a blowout game, but what they got was their closest contest of the season. The game started with an opening drive score, which lead to a 7-0 lead for the Vols. Georgia would answer back on their next drive tying the game, but it was all downhill from there. Tennessee capitalized on key Georgia turnovers and 3 and outs. The Vols lead 21-7 going into the half. Georgia came out hot in the second half, but couldnt score a td on their opening drive, settling for a fg instead. The Vols scored quickly after that and Georgia then entered panic mode. They stuck with their game plan though and scored a 49 yard td pass from Murray to Bennett. Now trailing 28-17 Georgia needed a stop on defense. They got what they had hoped for as on 3rd downTyler Bray threw an int to Marc Deas. Entering the 4th trailing 2 scores Georgia needed to string drives together quickly. Murray marched the ball down the field and capped off a score by running it into the endzone for 6. Now trailing by 4 with 4 minutes left, Georgia needed a key stop. They were able to hold Tennessee to a 5 play drive and forced them to punt the ball. Georgia went all the way down the field and got stuck on a 4th and goal from 2 yards out. With a little less that 2:30 left in the game they decided to take a gamble. After the game Coach Richt said, "I believed our guys could get it into the endzone, we had Tennessee right were we wanted them. I had faith and they got it done." He was right because on 4th down at the 2 they punched it in for the lead. Now up 31-28 they needed one last stop by their D. The Vols marched down the field and with under :20 left they were in position for the tying field goal...​
    "Well folks it all comes down to this. If Palardy makes it we are headed to overtime, if he misses it the game is over." *false start* "Oh folks it seems we got some early movement by the LG. Now its going to be a 45 yard attempt." .... "Ok heres the snap, the kick is up and its....NO GOOD NO GOOD!!! Palardy missed it wide left! Georgia wins Georgia wins!"

Georgia held on to win 31-28 in a thriller against Tennessee. They remain in the ranks of the unbeaten for at least another week. ​
    Screen shot 2012-08-15 at 10.51.34 PM.png

14. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

Another L....

15. Ben

Ben Walk On

Hang in there. It'll get better in time.

16. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

The stupidity every game is getting to the boiling point. I wish I had the replay where my QB pitched the ball ACROSS the field for a fumble. SMMFH. The shit is rediculous.

17. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

LOL yeah that dude is a smaller faster version of Tebow. Still can't believe I lost him during recruiting last year.

18. Ben

Ben Walk On

Yea I see some crazy stuff to during my games.

19. Daplaymaker

Daplaymaker Walk On

Have to admit, the passing is alot more of a challenge on heisman then AA.. Good game UF I thought I was about to turn the tide on the 4th and 2 when my WR dropped a easy 1st down.

20. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Honestly Rekka, your setting yourself up for frusteration by running the triple option in this game. Maybe run something else?

CJTHA1 and cmassey13 just waiting on you to advance. When you playing?

21. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

36 is up at 2:00 pm ET today, let me know if you need a minor extension, if I don't hear anything I'm just advancing

22. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

i might need to an extension to 2:30 but not a second more

23. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Ok. Whats your status cmassey13

24. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Once again the Virginia Tech Hokies pulled victory from the jaws of defeat as back-to-back turnovers in the 4th quarter prevented the Mountineers from the upset as Va Tech wins 31-20. With a little over a min left in the game and up 3, West Virginia was moving the ball down the field looking for the game clinching score. On a third and short West Virginia ran an option and true freshman Bryson Atkinson picked off the option pass and returned it for a touchdown to put the Hokies up by 4 late in the 4th quarter. After West Virginia got the kickoff the Va Tech defense came up huge again as Maurice Horne picked off his second pass of the day and this time he returned it for a touchdown to ice the game. "Two amazing plays by our defense won this game. You gotta love games like this" said Coach Ransom afterwards. Next week the Hokies take on the suprising Kansas Jayhawks.

25. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Advance will be closer to 6 ET, giving cmassey some extra time to play