Week 7 2014 Now Open - Deadline = 2.19.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Feb 17, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 7 Now Open

Deadline = February 19, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

No GBN v. GBN this week do to autopilot. [​IMG]

2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Temple scores 21 in the 4th to break a 28-28 game and run away from WMU. Get ready for some precision passing from WMU. Tyler Gabbert, their QB, is surgical. Started 9-10 for 240+ yards against me. Luckily, their o-line is pretty weak and the Owls were able to sack Gabbert about 6 times. Final 49-28...but was much closer.

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Thanks for the heads up!

I've got a board meeting tonight, so won't be home til late. Depending on my wife's temprature, I may or may not get this played tonight.

Bah. I'm still pissed about last week. I should have just simmed out the rest once I got up 24-0.....[​IMG]

4. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Oh we are not in Kansas anymore...

Miami limps in to Akron, hoping for the a turnaround to their dismal season. Both teams were 2-3, and the Rubber Bowl was a packed house.

On Akron's first play from scrimmage, Erick Howard slid through a tackler in the backfield and ripped off a 77 yard run for a 7-0 lead. It was going to be one of those days where defense is just a rumor. Miami responded with a solid drive as QB Robert Partridge had some crunk juice. He was accurate with his throws and nimble with his feet, just not sure with his hands. Dougie Fresh plowed in for a short TD to even it up, and we're off.

Zips' star HB, Erick Howard, was unstoppable in the first half. He had the teflon jersey because we couldn't hold him. Both teams played tennis with the scoring, and we finished the first half 28-27. But, Miami was lucky because Partiridge fumbled three times to set up Akron. Twice we dodged a bullet as goal line stands forced Akron to settle for an FG.

In the third quarter things settled down a bit. Another goal line stand and another FG for Akron, and one great scamper by Partridge and its 35-30 Miami. But in the fourth, it got wild again. Akron and Miami traded TDs, and then Akron scored once again. 45-42 Akron, as they converted the 2 PT try.

Miami had no problem marching back. The fourth play of a no huddle drive saw Dean Martin wide open on the 5 yard line but he just dropped it. How can you be that tired to drop a game winning TD? He did, though. The next play, Partirdge threw a fade route deep in the corner that got picked. Akron had their foot on our throat.

Their next play, Erick Howard had his 7th broken tackle of the game which let him bust off a 79 yard TD score. 51-42. Miami has 1:30 left, is there any magic? Dean Martin tries to atone for his critical drop by shaking out of a tackle to hit on a 73 yard scoring pass. Now the big play...

Miami goes for the onside kcik and recovers! But the ball only went 8 yards, and I guess that's not always allowed. Akron gets it back and enjoys victory formation. 51-49 is the final.

Key numbers:

(MIA) Robert Partridge - 20 for 28, 483 passing yards, 73 rushing yards, 6 total TDs. 1 INT & 4 FUMBLES.
    (AKR) Erick Howard - 26 carries, 270 rushing yards, 3 TD 7 BROKEN TACKLES

I hate this game...