Week 7, 2014

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Great weed ahead, featuring the top two teams in America doing battle in Gainseville. Good luck to everybody.​
    #8 Iowa vs. Minnesota​
    #4 Ohio State vs. Penn State​
    #3 Texas vs. Kansas​
    #7 Oklahoma @ #21 Texas Tech​
    #12 Auburn vs. Arkansas​
    #6 Georgia Tech @ Oklahoma State​
    User Game of the Week: #1 Wisconsin @ #2 Florida

2. Ben

Ben Walk On

"Great weed ahead" indeed ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

After losing our 1st game of the year the Auburn coaches decide to give the second string O-Line and D-Line the start for the Arkansas game, we also had some 2nd stringers in here and there in other positions on both sides of the ball. Also we did have a restart because I was in the 2nd QT and got a call from my daughter and had to go pick her up and take her Cheer practice and take home after so I exited the game rather than leave it sitting for several hours I actually was doing better in that game lol, but thats the life of the ol dad ;)
    ScreenHunter_13 Sep. 13 17.31.jpg ScreenHunter_14 Sep. 13 17.31.jpg

4. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Proud member of the SEC and Love my schedule like tuff opponents and user games hate UGA is not on my sch this year :confused: and was looking at everyone's schedule bout broke out the cheese flag on some of you guys with only one user game a year :eek:... Iowa don't even got a user game in the reg season :oops: that should be a fee shot at a natty :cool:,,, Next year is ya cant find any of these guys a opponent put me down I'll play how many every user games it don't matter to me...

• Like Like x 2
  5. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

The Pig Stays in Iowa City!
    Iowa's first drive was amazing with Canzeri (134 yards on 24 carries) taking almost every rush till a costly holding call and a sack. Iowa attempted at 50 yard field goal with a 6 mile wind to our backs. Still came out with a miss but proved Iowa can move the ball. Minnesota would drive down and would get stood up and settle on a field goal. On the kickoff Damon Bullock would return 95 yards to pay dirt. Minnesota would score 14 points in the next few minutes on Iowa miscues. The next Hawkeye possession Martin-Manly (5 catches for 95 yards and 1 touchdown) would score a 15 yard pass from Jake Rudock ( 10/20 184 yards 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions). Iowa defense would shut down the Golden Gophers for a few drives but they proved too much.​

6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Im pretty sure Iowa joined after schedules were already set for the year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

In all fairness, the following had to transpire to give the Big 10 teams schedules with less user games.

1. Michigan un-expectantly quit last season, getting rid of my user-crossover game
    2. Notre Dame quit at the start of this season. Getting rid of Wisconsin's crossover and Iowa's divisional user game
    3. Virginia Tech quit the dynasty in the middle of our home-and-home series, making me play Va Tech as the CPU this year (same as you with Michigan)
    4. Teams joined/left in the middle of a home-and-home series period. It would have been too complicated to give people new home-and-homes in the middle of everyone else's series
    Next offseason I will create new home-and-homes for season 4/5. We might also start doing a "Chompions League Kickoff Classic" a one game series between two teams to kick off each season. I am also considering the possibilities of new conference realignments, or finding people for a fourth conference and play more out-of-conference user games. Suggestions are always welcome, but it is not like I intentionally "cake" the Big 10's schedule. It's just the way everything played out.

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

9. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Tried playing last night after the packer/bears game and EA's servers were down, neither of us are available today/night. We will be playing Saturday Morning.

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

No worries, in the future let me know after that happens so everyone can be updated

11. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

I understand the schedule thing I was jus messing around ;)

12. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wisconsin falls in The Swamp 27-14

After jumping out to a quick 10-0 lead in the first quarter things did not look good for the #1 ranked Badgers. The defense stepped up in the 2nd quarter and the score at halftime was still 10-0. Wisconsin came out looking good in the 3rd scoring on a 1 Yd pass from Houston to WR Ryan Moore, then Peniel Jean returned an INT by Brisset 55 Yds to give the Badgers a 14-10 lead. But then it was gut check time for a Badgers defense who is starting 6 freshman and 4 sophmores and they did not step up to the challenge allowing Florida to drive down field and score a TD to put the game at 17-14. The Badgers offensive line could not contain the pass rush of the Gators and gave up multiple sacks which killed the remaining Badger drives. It was a great game in The Swamp and it showed the young Badgers will be a force to be reckoned with in the years to come.