Week 7, 2015

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Ohio State won 37-10 against Vanderbilt (2-3).
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Purdue (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Jovon Vincent has committed to Louisville
    - (*****) WR Mario Fox has committed to Oregon
    - (***) SS Tyler Merriman has committed to Eastern Michigan

=============== #8 Oregon Ducks (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon won 45-21 against USC (4-1).
    This week, the Ducks will host Arizona (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Kevin Mackey has committed to North Carolina
    - (****) MLB Jovon Vincent has committed to Louisville
    - (*****) WR Mario Fox has committed to Oregon

=============== #11 Texas A&M Aggies (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Texas A&M won 70-21 against Ole Miss (2-2).
    This week, the Aggies will host Alabama (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K Kenneth Purcell has committed to Texas A&M
    - (***) P David Vinson has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #1 Arkansas Razorbacks (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas won 38-28 against Missouri (3-3).
    This week, the Razorbacks will host UCF (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Dennis Newsome has committed to Virginia Tech

=============== #5 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-0) ===============
    Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to Iowa City to face the #6 Iowa Hawkeyes (5-0).

=============== Wisconsin Badgers (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 24-7 against Rutgers (2-3).
    This week, the Badgers are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Alex Burton has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) QB Billy Lopez has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #3 Stanford Cardinal (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Stanford won 31-21 against Washington State (2-3).
    This week, the Cardinal will host Washington (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Stanford targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Kevin Mackey has committed to North Carolina

=============== #4 LSU Tigers (5-0) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 20-18 against ECU (0-4).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Gainesville to face the #18 Florida Gators (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Randall Brown has committed to LSU

=============== South Carolina Gamecocks (2-3) ===============
    Last week, South Carolina won 27-17 against Kentucky (2-2).
    This week, the Gamecocks will host New Mexico State (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following South Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Alton Mills has committed to Michigan State
    - (***) ROLB Cole Keith has committed to Virginia Tech
    - (***) MLB Mike Alexander has committed to South Carolina

=============== #6 Iowa Hawkeyes (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 31-14 against Minnesota (0-5).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host #5 Penn State (5-0).

=============== Texas Longhorns (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 49-21 against Duke (1-4).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Dallas to face the Oklahoma Sooners (1-4).

=============== #16 USC Trojans (4-1) ===============
    Last week, USC lost 45-21 against Oregon (3-1).
    This week, the Trojans will host Colorado (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Donald Robinson has committed to San Diego State
    - (***) ROLB Marques Allen has committed to Notre Dame
    - (***) TE Dennis Cooper has committed to Hawai'i

2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

BUCKEYES OVERCOME 21 POINT DEFICIT TO BEAT BOILERS IN OVERTIME

There are a few undeniable truths in this world. Death, taxes, and for the Ohio State football program, close contests against the University of Purdue. Though the Boilermakers have struggled ever since the days of Drew Brees, and the Buckeyes have been the class of the conference in the same time frame, when the two programs meet records are thrown out the window, and Ohio State is almost always given a scare. That was the case on a rainy Saturday night in Ohio Stadium, as Purdue nearly pulled off the upset of 2015.

The catalyst to Purdue's success was halfback Ty Isaac. The talented tailback, who defected from USC after receiving little playing time as a freshman in 2013, was brilliant all night for the Boilers, gashing the vaunted Buckeye defense for 180 yards of total offense and a score. With Isaac carving holes the the Buckeyes front seven like a hot knife slicing through butter, and the badgers arial attack hitting route after route, the Buckeyes quickly dug themselves a 31-13 hole with :33 left in the first half.

Sensing a need to change momentum, coach Speyer elected to let JT Barrett drive the offense downfield for a quick score prior to halftime. The gamble paid off, as Barrett connected on four straight passes to put the Buckeyes in the end zone. The last play was a spectacular play by Dontre Wilson, who skied for the ball, broke a tackle in mid air and race toward the end zone to cut the margin. It was a highlight reel play for the Heisman candidate, but Wilson wasn't done quite yet.

The third quarter played out much like the first two, with Isaac carving through OSU's defense and the Buckeyes failing to consistently move the ball. With the score at 41-20 in the waning minutes of the third quarter, it appeared that the Buckeyes were ready to give up. Then Dontre Wilson turned the tide by ripping off a 34 yard run to put the Buckeyes in the red zone. Two plays latter Aaron Jenkins finished off the drive with a two yard score.

In the first drive of the fourth quarter, the Silver Bullets finally got their act together and forced Purdue to punt. It was the first time OSU forced the opposition to punt, and it proved to be the most pivotal moment of the game. With the Buckeyes showing little life in the passing game, it was clear they needed a big play to really have a shot to pull off the comeback. Jalin Marshall gave Ohio State that shot, by dekeing several defenders and racing into the endzone for a 57-yard punt return.

With momentum now in hand, the Buckeye defense rose to the challenge once again and forced a three and out. The Buckeyes marched down field, running the ball on every down, and finding the end zone on a Dontre Wilson jet sweep from three yards out on third and goal to force overtime.

In extra play Wilson ripped off an 18-yard score to send Ohio Stadium into an absolute frenzy. A deflated Purdue squad was on the field for just one play, as Eli Apple made a tip-toe interception on the left boundry to seal the win and increase the OSU winning streak to 21 games. The school record is 22, which was set in 1967-1969. The Buckeyes are off next week with their final bye of the season.

[​IMG]
    No, he's not throwing the ball. That's Dontre Wilson hauling in a catch and breaking a tackle in mid air

[​IMG]
    Jalin Marshall turns the tide with a 57-yard punt return for six

• Like Like x 2
  3. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Can somebody send me a link for images and etc? The site I was using went down so I'm hurting

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

These are OK

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

6. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Question...and sorry if I missed it. How do you handle USER/CPU game freezes?

USC 35 CRado 28

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Post game? Dont button through the post game highlights EVER. Just let them cycle through

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Donkalion when will you be getting yours in?

9. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

It froze before it even made it through...doesn't matter now as I'm a Woverine now, but just curious as to how you guys handle it.

10. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

Today as soon as i get home

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Nice, estimated time?

For the new guys -- when you won't be getting your game in the first 24 hours of the advance cycle, please post in the week's thread exactly when you will be planning to play asap. Thanks!

12. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

I should be playing around 2 pm est

• Like Like x 2
  13. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

So we are advancing daily?

14. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

The soft cap is 24 hours and the hard cap is 36, but most people in this league are able to get in their cpu games on a daily basis. The reason I ask for an estimated time if you're not playing within 24 is that then we know an ETA for the upcoming advance and the users who have user games the following week can prematurely schedule those

15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

We run a Chip Kelly No Huddle Advance Schedule here. That's why we are in year 3 here and still in year 1 in my other dynasty!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

I like the fast pace!!! I get bored waiting 3 days lol

• Like Like x 2
  17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Yeah it's not for everybody but we have a group that's committed enough to move at this pace. I hope we can do around 10 seasons at least this cycle, think we did 9 last year

18. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Hey Donkalion, good to see you in chomps. We had some good games in Bump n Run last year.

• Like Like x 1
  19. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

ATM vs Bama
    TW.jpg
    Trey Williams take it to the house!
    sc.jpg
    The Tide Rolls early but ATM Prevails
    I was amazed when I saw that Bama was coming into this game with a 2-3 record. They are still highly rated, with multiple 99 OVR players. They apparently have just gotten hosed with the CPU sims. I was smart enough not to expect them to roll over for me though. Bama came out steam rolling my defense. Bama QB Alec Morris was lights out, completing his first 10 passes and marching down the field to score the first 14 points. Matt Davis was 2/8 with two picks at halftime. On his second pick of the game he had his TE wide open but the ball floated straight to the opposing safety. Coach decided to shut down the passing game early to prevent a nightmare like the Arkansas game. They stayed patient and ran the ball as much as possible early.

About midway through the second quarter the patience, and the defense, payed off. Matt Davis partially redeemed his poor passing effort by breaking off a 54 yard run. After forcing Bamas first punt of the game Davis threw his best pass of the game, hitting a streaking Trey Williams for a 41 yard TD to tie the score. Then the defense did their part
    Sophomore starting corner Noel Ellis showed why he is one of the Impact Players on defense. He picked off Morris on two drives in a row setting up short field position for two easy TDs. The score went from 14-0 Bama to 28-14 ATM in 2 minutes and 40 seconds of game time. Bama would mount a late drive and hit a field goal at the end of the first but the Tide had turned.

Bama is still Bama though, and the did not give up in the second half. After throwing three picks in the first half Alec Morris regained his composure and distributed the ball all over the field. Surprisingly 99 OVR TJ Yeldon (Yes, he's inexplicably there for his senior season) was rather ineffective. Most of it was due to blocking, with Yeldon getting caught in the backfield multiple times and just not having the holes he's had in the past. Bama also threw the ball 43 times for 376 yards because they were behind.

Bama would lead some solid drives and make some solid stops on defense, but they weren't able to prevent the Aggies from scoring 2 insurance TDs in the second half to keep the lead. In the end they ran out of time and could not catch up.

Bama ended up with more total yards due to their huge passing numbers and they even won the time of possession, but ATM dominated on the ground and
    Coach HipHopps decision to pass only when necessary worked out. Matt Davis almost had more yards rushing than passing.

stats.jpg

• Like Like x 1