Week 7, 2015

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Wow what a week. A blowout win by Auburn against Florida, and then North Carolina shocks Oklahoma for a convincing upset. Florida now looks to rebound against another top-three opponent in Texas, while North Carolina will try to continue their new-found success against Georgia Tech. Notre Dame also has a great test with Trick Washington and Michigan on the schedule. Let's see some good content from theses games!​
    #12 Georgia Tech vs. North Carolina
    #1 Auburn vs. Arizona State​
    #2 Ohio State vs. Penn State​
    #5 Notre Dame vs. #8 Michigan​
    #6 Wisconsin vs. Nebraska​
    #11 Iowa vs. Minnesota​
    #13 Georgia vs. Tennessee ​
    #15 Oklahoma vs. TCU​
    #25 LSU vs. #16 Clemson​
    User Game of the Week: #3 Texas vs. #10 Florida

2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Wow, we have a LOT of ranked teams in our league! UNC gets a pass because he started mid season.

It's crazy because in real life this year there's not one BCS ranked Big Ten school (that qualifies) and in our league there are 5 in the top 11!

3. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Jon Jon Anderson when's a good time for you to play? I've got plans tonight with the girlfriend but could probably play today if we started before 5pm central. otherwise, I can play after work tomorrow. should be home by around 4:30pm.

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Buckeyes Shocked in Happy Valley
    Unranked Penn State shocked No. 2 Ohio State today in Happy Valley. Buckeye quarterback Jalen Bush threw an interception on the opening play of overtime, and the Nittany Lions were able to capitalize against an overaggressive Buckeye defense for the game-winning score. OSU now has their work cut out for them if they hope to reach the national title game for the third consecutive season.

5. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

who is UNC on here? I don' t see his contact info in the rules and roster thread.

6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Antonio T.

Ill update the roster tomorrow

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  7. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Defense Dominates again
    Badgers Win 34-10
    This week the Nebraska Cornhuskers came to Madison expecting to keep it close, but the Badgers had other plans. At halftime the game looked like it was going to be close with the score 10-3 in favor of Wisconsin. As the third quarter came and went the only scoring play was a 47 Yds pass from Houston to Carter giving the Badgers a 17-3 advantage. The fourth is when Madison came alive and the Badgers looked dominant, TE Seth Richardson caught a Touchdown and RB Melvin Gordon ran for one. K Robert Price added a FG and the Badgers had the game in the bag with the score 34-3. In the closing 2 minutes of the game the Cornhuskers gave it one last shot and QB Tommy Armstrong ran the ball in from 10 Yds out on third down. Melvin Gordon turned in his best performance of the year running for 202 on 17 attempts with 3 runs over 20 Yds. The Badgers defense stepped up in a big way getting 8 sacks and 3 forced fumbles. They also held the Cornhuskers to 169 total Yds, 65 of which came on the final drive of the game. Next week the Badgers will look to beat rival Ohio State and stay undefeated in Conference play and stay alive in the chase for the National Title.​
    NEB.png .​
    On Wisconsin

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Going to be another good matchup Glen Cieske. Hopefully my young squad can rebound

9. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Hey Jon Jon Anderson still waiting for a reply on when you can play. If you can't post here, shoot me a text 512-217-7922. Free tonight after about 4:30 pm central.

10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

[​IMG]

It's official. Trick Washington is annoying as fuck. He didn't even play well with around 50 passing yards and 3 picks but he still bugged me all game. His rushing stats would have been unimpressive as well but he decided to break off an effortless looking 60 yard TD scamper in the 4th quarter when they had no chance of getting back in the game. He ended up with around 100 yards rushing. If the kid ever learns to pass he could be a real pain.

ND broke out the green unis for this one. Through most of the first half Everett Golston and Trick Washington were in a competition to see who could throw the most stupid interceptions. Luckily for the Irish (see what I did there) Golston lost this competition. He finally got his head out of his ass long enough to break the scoreless tie in the second quarter.

In the second half the ND strategy shifted to "RUN THE DAMN BALL"! The ND defense was doing an admirable job at keeping Washington contained. They kept a spy on him through most of the game and limited his big runs outside of the garbage time TD. As the second half wore on the ND offense continued to capitalize on the possesions that the D gave them and the game got out of the reach of the Wolverines to the tune of a 38-14 final score.

How many years of eligibility does Trick Washington have left?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

@cmassey1 I can play after 7est

12. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

sounds good Jon Jon Anderson, let's shoot for 7est then. I should be online, but just shoot me a text when you're ready 512-217-7922

13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

He's a junior, fortunately. Almost beat me last season

• Like Like x 1
  14. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

I'm pretty sure its in the thread, page 2...

15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Thank Christ! ;)

My D was really able to contain him thankfully. He was not able to get the passing game going at all but I had to spy him most of the game to keep him from getting away.

It helps that I was able to run the ball consistently in the second half and play keep away the rest of the game.

16. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Congrats to Jon Jon Anderson on the W tonight. It was ugly for both our offenses, but he got enough to come out on top.