Week 7, 2015

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Nov 3, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 7!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Bucknell Bison (0-4) ===============
    Last week, Bucknell lost 42-7 against Brown (5-0).
    This week, the Bison travel to Washington to face the Howard Bison (1-3).

=============== #21 Yale Bulldogs (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Yale won 31-20 against Pennsylvania (3-1).
    This week, the Bulldogs travel to Providence to face the #9 Brown Bears (5-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Yale targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Ernest Carter has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) CB John Berry has committed to Yale

=============== #9 Brown Bears (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Brown won 42-7 against Bucknell (0-4).
    This week, the Bears will host #21 Yale (5-0).

=============== Cornell Big Red (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Cornell won 34-7 against Columbia (0-4).
    This week, the Big Red will host Harvard (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Cornell targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Joe Morgan has committed to SMU

=============== Georgetown Hoyas (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Georgetown lost 24-21 against Dartmouth (3-1).
    This week, the Hoyas will host Delaware (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Georgetown targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) RG Keith Dotson has committed to Iowa

=============== Columbia Lions (0-4) ===============
    Last week, Columbia lost 34-7 against Cornell (4-1).
    This week, the Lions travel to Princeton to face the Princeton Tigers (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Columbia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) FS Brian Parker has committed to Notre Dame
    - (***) CB George Williams has committed to Columbia
    - (****) RG Larry McGrew has committed to Oregon
    - (***) TE Tony Wallace has committed to NC State

=============== Princeton Tigers (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Princeton lost 51-0 against Delaware (2-3).
    This week, the Tigers will host Columbia (0-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Princeton targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LG Brendan Whitworth has committed to Princeton

=============== Dartmouth Big Green (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Dartmouth won 24-21 against Georgetown (2-3).
    This week, the Big Green travel to Philadelphia to face the Pennsylvania Quakers (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Dartmouth targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Adrian Blake has committed to Dartmouth

=============== Delaware Blue Hens (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Delaware won 51-0 against Princeton (2-2).
    This week, the Blue Hens travel to Washington to face the Georgetown Hoyas (2-3).

=============== Pennsylvania Quakers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Pennsylvania lost 31-20 against Yale (5-0).
    This week, the Quakers will host Dartmouth (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Pennsylvania targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Aaron Bennett has committed to Pennsylvania

=============== Howard Bison (1-3) ===============
    Last week, Howard lost 52-29 against Harvard (4-1).
    This week, the Bison will host Bucknell (0-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Howard targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Joseph Scott has committed to Howard

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  2. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

3. DirtycashDylan

yes

4. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Harvard 38 - Cornell 31

The Cornell Big Red rallied from a 21-0 first quarter deficit to only be behind 28-24 at halftime, but after Cornell would take the 31-28 lead early in the third quarter, Harvard would make the necessary plays to win the game at the very end. Harvard drove down the field with 2 minutes left in the fourth to score the winning TD to push Cornell to 4-2, 2-1 in the Ivy League. The last possession would prove to be futile as an INT would end the game. Cornell's saving their magic for the human Ivy leaguers I guess. Next up will be a trip to Penn.

Entertaining game, just couldn't pull this one out like I had the last few.

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

DirtycashDylan just pulled the my controllers broken excuse with me up 14-0 in the 2nd quarter with the ball.

6. DirtycashDylan

*googles "broken xbox controller"*

[​IMG]

I missed a 20 yard FG, badly. Can't be done. I have another controller with a messed up LB (my players just occasionally fake pitches) but it wouldn't let me switch to that controller! I was trying desperately to switch controllers while Nik was still playing and it made me so mad that I broke the first controller even worse.

About the other, white, controller with the messed up LB, I used it when Full Moon Fever came over one time, and I gave him the black controller. I was down 6 points as time ticked down and threw a bomb and my WR got tackled just short of the goalline because he slowed down to do the fake pitch animation.

Fuck controllers. I'll kill em all. I don't give a shit about $60.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  7. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

Twist that sucker in half man. See how many pieces you can break it into.

8. DirtycashDylan

On 2nd inspection, the right stick popped right out. While I can't pop it back in, I CAN pass it off as a faulty product and make Walmarx eat it and give me a new one.

9. Dean Evans

Definitely a plus from that stand point.

10. DirtycashDylan

What are you still doing awake, old man?

11. Dean Evans

Just got done watching 'Bama spank Les Miles backside and figured I would check the boards.

12. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Spank? Get lucky late maybe...

13. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Sucks when stuff like this happens. IMO, the best solution has always been replaying but assuming the same score, time, and possession stands upon kickoff and playing out the "rest" of the game.

Example: You guys stopped playing with 2:50 left in the second quarter. The score was 14-0 and Nikpin just got the ball on the missed field goal.

Once Dylan gets a new controller you guys would replay the game making sure nikpin gets the ball first and the game would end during the third quarter when the clock reaches 4:10. You guys play one quarter (7 minutes) and disconnected with 2:50 left in the 2nd quarter (another 4:10 played). With 7+4:10 played, that means 11:10 out of 28 minutes was played. That would leave 16:50 of game left to play. The 16:50 of gameplay would be two more quarters (14 min) and then an additional 2:50 of time from the third (leaving 4:10 on the clock).

Once the time reaches 4:10 in the third quarter you would add +14 points to Nikpin's score and that would be the final result. Say during the replay the score is 24-20 with DCD leading when the clock reaches 4:10 in the third. The game would end there, nikpin would receive the 14 points he earned so he would actually win 34-24.

It gives Dylan a chance to have an opportunity to play out the rest of the game with a working controller, but also preserves the advantage Nikpin amassed too. Simply an idea but I think it has worked great in the past.

14. DirtycashDylan

1 more day to get these games in. I'll be advancing when I get off work tomorrow night.

15. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Was Steamer out of town this weekend? Been talking to myself in the scheduling thread to set a game time up.

16. nikpin

I know when I talked to him he was really busy. I'll PM you his cell #.

17. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Got it, thanks!!! sent him text to play later this afternoon or evening.

18. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

By what time does the game need to be completed before advance. No response regarding scheduling game with Steamer either on boards or text as yet. Do we just sim if he isnt available?

19. DirtycashDylan

If he doesn't respond, you have the option of playing the CPU or a sim. I'll be advancing around 3 am cst.

20. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

I would really like to actually play the game but dont want to be unfair. Still no response from him as yet. If he can be set to auto, i'll hold off playing as long as possible tonight to give him a chance.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  21. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Steamer responded to my text, he will not be able to play tonight. He ok'd playing cpu. Are you able to put him on auto?

22. nikpin

#21 Yale Bulldogs 28
    #9 Brown Bears 35

Not a ton of time to do a write up but DC and I gave it a 3rd go this evening and I came out on top. We went into the half with a surprising amount of scoring at 21-20, but we had basically already played a half of football before. The 3rd quarter was quiet but I scored on a 4th and goal at the inch line run with 1:07 remaining in the 3rd to take a 28-20 lead. DC would answer pretty quickly with a TD on a short run at the goal line with 5:24 left to play. He elected to go for two here and converted on a pass out of gator heavy knotting it at 28 a piece. I hit a 31 yard screen pass for a TD when DC ran a CB blitz from that side but left plenty of time on the clock with 3:13 to play. On the Yale drive Dylan wasn't able to do much with the ball throwing an incompletion, getting sacked, having a D-linemen knock it down at the line of scrimmage Yale was faced with a decision and they elected to go for it. Yale's QB lofted a pass to a breaking TE but it was out of the TE's reach and fell harmlessly to the turf. Dylan still had all his TO's left but I took over at his 34 yard line. On the first play a WR mid screen was taken to the house but called back for holding setting me up for 1st and 19 and knocking me out of FG range. I ran the ball 3 times but Dylan did not call timeout after one of the plays letting me run a lot of clock. He held me to 4th and 11 at the 36 and I punted pinning him at his own 2 with 1 TO and :36 to play. He managed to move the ball near midfield but with :08 on the clock he threw a pick that would seal the game.

23. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

It was a very close struggle between rivals Bucknell and Howard, with Howard's inability to protect the quarterback and throw to the correct colored jersey playing a significant role. However, a couple big plays very late in the 4th allowed Howard to escape with its second win 35-28.

"I am not sure what the situation was with regard to coach Steamer, I want to compliment his team and preparation cause they played one heck of a game in his absence. I feel very lucky to squeak out a win." said coach q.

24. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Not been feeling well, so apologies on lack of write up.

Penn - 30
    Dartmouth - 14

The game was a well fought game. Penn played very well, except for 2 interceptions, and one that Irish housed. Dartmouth was never able to sustain a lot of consistency on a drive. The real winner was surprisingly the Penn defense who only allowed one touchdown the entire game.

It was a good game IrishBearcat

• Like Like x 1