Week 7 2016

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Feb 5, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 7!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-4) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 45-17 against UL Lafayette (4-1).
    This week, the Eagles will host #23 Idaho (4-1).

=============== #23 Idaho Vandals (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 35-28 against Arkansas State (2-4).
    This week, the Vandals travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Jon Small has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #16 Kent State Golden Flashes (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 42-38 against Utah State (3-3).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to West Point to face the #5 Army Black Knights (5-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Joe Warren has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (****) RG Joey Gilliam has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (****) RT Michael Coleman has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (****) LE Tyjuan Holden has committed to Kent State

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 63-34 against Mid Tenn State (3-3).
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host #20 Michigan (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Joe Warren has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (****) RG Joey Gilliam has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (***) LG Daniel Quinn has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (****) RT Michael Coleman has committed to Western Kentucky

=============== UAB Blazers (4-1) ===============
    Last week the Blazers were idle.
    This week, the Blazers travel to Logan to face the Utah State Aggies (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Andrew Baker has committed to UAB
    - (***) MLB Lance Scruggs has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== #5 Army Black Knights (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Army won 63-3 against Navy (4-2).
    This week, the Black Knights will host #16 Kent State (6-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Kevin Hill has committed to Army
    - (***) LG Kyle Hancock has committed to Army
    - (***) SS Kurt Parrish has committed to Army

=============== #6 Western Michigan Broncos (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 56-14 against UL Monroe (4-2).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) DT James Caldwell has committed to Western Michigan
    - (*****) CB Lee Williams has committed to Western Michigan

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-4) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 35-28 against Idaho (4-1).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Lafayette to face the UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RG Marcus Skinner has committed to Texas Tech

=============== Utah State Aggies (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Utah State lost 42-38 against Kent State (6-0).
    This week, the Aggies will host UAB (4-1).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (4-2) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe lost 56-14 against Western Michigan (6-0).
    This week, the Warhawks are idle.

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State lost 63-34 against Western Kentucky (4-1).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host #6 Western Michigan (6-0).

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (4-1) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 45-17 against Eastern Michigan (1-4).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host Arkansas State (2-4).

2. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

3. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Damn. Hope I can field a team next season. Week 7 and 0 commits. Had 6 kids in for visits last week too.

4. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

WTF mate!

5. jkyle5

jkyle5 Walk On

UAB's Star HB Dan Anderson Returns

Christmas may be comming early for UAB fans as HB Dan Anderson is feeling much better from his strained back injury. Anderson is back practicing with the team and is expected to play in this week's matchup aganst Utah State. QB Nelson Frazier is also progressing nicely on his shoulder rehab. Frazier is expected to rejoin the team for Week 8 against Arkansas State.

6. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I'd rest him another week if I were you...

7. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Army covers the spread. [​IMG]

8. jkyle5

jkyle5 Walk On

[​IMG]

Captain Hindsight says... "You REALLY should have rested him another week"

FUCK!!!

:redcard:HB Dan Anderson
    OUT FOR SEASON WITH BROKEN ELBOW...

FML...

Good game to Steamer though... really taught my F up players how to play fooooo balllllllllllllll........

• Like Like x 2
  9. Steamer43

Utah State Holds On to Beat UAB 38-21

Utah State opened to a quick 21-0 lead. The Aggies scored on the opening drive, then would score early in the 2nd quarter. 13 seconds later a 28 yard Pick-6 by LB Alvarez blew it open to the 21 point lead. UAB answered quickly with a 1 minute drive to close it to 21-7. UAB was catching some tough breaks, the biggest being their starting RB going down with a broken elbow that will keep him out for the season. The Blazers played solid D though, and with 31 seconds left scored on a 20 yard TD from Harris to Martin to close it to 21-14 and would get the ball in the 3rd. But the Utah State offense got aggressive with the last 30 seconds. A questionable call by the refs on a sideline catch set up a 45 yard FG to go into half with a 24-14 lead.

Utah State held UAB on the opening drive of the 3rd and took advantage on offense, scoring on a 12 yard pass from Brewster to Jackson to make it 31-14. Then things got a bit interesting. UAB capped a scoring drive with a 6 yard run by back-up Chase to make it 31-21 with 1:25 to go in the 3rd. Utah State drove the ball back down to the 34 when Dennis Brewster broke a read option for 33 yards, untill UAB forced the ball out at 1 yard line and fumbled into the end-zone and the Blazer recovered. UAB could not take advantage though, and Utah State a TD to seal the game with a 17 point lead; 38-21.

Player of the game goes to Dennis Brewster, who passed for 18-29 with 297 yards and 2 TDs, along with 58 rushing yards on 6 carries. UAB QB Harris only completed 19 of 42 passes, but loaded up 406 yards, but again had just 1 TD compared to 5 INTS.

10. Steamer43

just waiting on Nik/C-Red and Dylan CPU game.

11. DirtycashDylan

I'll play tonight before working out. If I lose, I'll get an extra good pump.

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

You work out bruh?

[​IMG]

13. Steamer43

It's 1 AM your time and you still plan to play a game AND work out LMAO

[​IMG]

14. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

[​IMG]

It was a cold and rainy day in Lafayette as Arkansas State came into Cajun Field to face the Ragin' Cajuns. It was an offensive bonanza as both team's offenses found their groove's early and often. Both teams traded scores through the first half of play, mainly on the legs of Titus Cox and Boo Skidoo. Neither defense looked up to the task of stopping the other offense and with only a turnover a piece and very very few punts there was bound to be scores put up on the board. The Cajuns D was able to catch a break after Arkansas State Quarterback Dennis Johnson let one slip out of his hands while being brought down in the backfield, the ball fell into the awaiting arms of Freshman DE Paul Swain who would have taken it to the house except he ran into Dennis Johnson who was still laying on the ground. It proved to not matter much as the change in possession allowed the Cajun's to enter halftime with a 31-24 lead. The opening series saw a rare punt from Arkie St placing the Cajuns in the unfortunate position of playing out of their endzone. A tremendous 3rd down throw to Titus Cox was all that was needed in the end as he took it 96 yards to the house. Arkie St. could only manage a FG on the next series and it was back to trading TDs with the HBs as neither Defense looked capable of containing the other. ULL entered the 4th qtr with a seemingly comfortable 52-41 lead (I had even thought about taking Titus Cox out) but Blondie had other ideas as Dennis Johnson began to air it out. Following a 19 yard TD pass the Cajuns began to look quite uneasy. It took a 54 yard bomb from Josh Wright to Chad Newton to bump the Cajuns to a more comfortbale 59-48 lead. The following Arkie St drive saw another Johnson TD pass and the ensuing two point attempt made it a 3 point game with little time remaining. The Cajun series stalled just outside kicking range, seeing as how ULL has no good kicker that range is rather short, and Coach Snoopy elected to try and pin Arkansas state back and attempt to use the clock to his advantage. Johnson kicked it in to high gear leading a drive down to FG range with 2 seconds left and no Time Outs. Snoopy thought Coach Blondie would opt to spike the ball and attempt the game tying FG but Blondie had other plans as he ran a quick play catching the Cajun D completely off guard. Arkie States TE blew by the simple Cover 2 D but a poor overthrow ruined any chance of an amazing comeback. Spectacular game and I have a feeling blondies gonna be seeking blood next season.

Player of the Game
    ULL Jr HB Titus Cox 15 Att 328 yards 4 TDs 21.8 yd avg 85 yd long 2 receptions 129 yards 2 TDs 1 Kick Return TD 6 total TDs

Honorable Mention
    ULL Jr QB Josh Wright 9-16 308 yards 3 TDs 1INT
    USU Fr HB Boo Skidoo 27 Att 196 yards 3 TDs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. DirtycashDylan

WKU-56
    #20 Michigan-24

Michigan is garbage.

Hayden completed 25 of 47 for 504 yards 3 TD and 2 INT. The WR core had over 200 YAC yards and were led, once again, by Shaun Griffin with his 150 YDS and 1 TD. Freshman TE Jack Brown had a breakthrough day catching 4 for 139 YDS and 2 TD.

I've found a new-old weapon in SR speedy RB Rashad Pettit. His 95 spd/94 acc complimented Corey Douglas' skill set nicely, to the tune of 182 combined yards, 5 combined TDs and both averaged over 12 YPC.

Next up: Eastern Michigan

Injury News: Starting DT Jeff Fuller looks to reenter the starting lineup next week. Malcom Cochran is still shaky but it's coming along and he'll try to be back by the Western Michigan week or, at the latest, the Kent State week.

16. DirtycashDylan

I'm the ultimate procrastinator. The ultimate.

17. DirtycashDylan

[​IMG]
    "Hey, do you ever go work out at Vince's over here? Oh, no. I woulda seen you. I'm there like every day."

18. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Look at what happened to JKyle. You might want to rest him a few more weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Gotta go to therapy now, but the Vandals beat whatever EMU is last night. The game was brutal. Crumb ran it down my throat. I injured like 7 of his runningbacks but it didn't matter. Be had close to 50 rushes and more than doubled me up in time of possession. But a costly interception cost him. My offense was efficient and my qb's went 15-17 with 3 TD's, the first being a sweet 60 yard wr screen that caught EMU with their pants down on a blitz.

That game was dreadful. That kind of offense just gets boring to me. In the end, though, Potato Magic showed up. I just hope I can get some damn recruits.

20. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Was he using that crazy new sex position that sent him to the hospital last time?

• Like Like x 1
  21. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

#5 Army Outlasts #16 Kent State
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Army's defense again steps up to help make it 3 straight over C-USA East foe Kent State. The game started at a frantic pace and saw 31 combined 1st quarter points, but soon after slowed as neither team could match that firepower again later in the game. Kent State struck first after forcing an early Army punt and both teams battled back and forth for most of the first half. Army took a 24-17 lead into halftime and kept the distance throughout the second half to come away with the victory. Turnovers proved to be the difference for the Golden Eagles as Army forced KSU QB's into 4 combined INT's. Army also controlled the clock and TOP by a count of 24:17 - 7:43 even though Army did not run the ball extremely well due to some heavy Kent State blitzing. Army squares off against undefeated WMU next week.​
    Passing:
    QB Derrick Gates 24-36 324 4TD 1INT​
    QB Charlie Denman 16-28 336 4TD 3INT
    Rushing:​
    RB Larry Clark 18 - 107 0TD
    RB John Newby 12- 100 0TD
    Receiving:​
    RB Larry Clark 7 - 88 1TD
    WR Juan Kent 3 - 126 2TD
    Defense:
    Thomas Pettaway 5tkl 1INT
    Chris Edwards 6tkl 2sack

22. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Crumb's getting nasty. I give him props for keeping that EMU team competitive.

23. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Looks like there should be a little more shit talking going on about this.

24. DirtycashDylan

Check the War Room. He knows.