Week 7, 2016

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Everyone, please welcome (back) jandy who will attempt to rive sleeping-giant Alabama. For the newer guys, Jandy was at Michigan for the first two years and it's great to have him back on board, especially considering we need an influx of users in the SEC. Please continue to spread the word about our two openings. ​
    #3 Wisconsin vs. Nebraska​
    #8 Notre Dame @ #24 Wisconsin​
    #4 Texas vs. San Diego State​
    #11 Alabama vs. UAB​
    #7 Oklahoma @ TCU​
    Iowa vs. Minnesota​
    #1 Ohio State vs. Penn State​
    #2 Auburn @ #17 Arkansas​
    User Game of the Week: #20 North Carolina vs. #18 Georgia Tech

• Like Like x 1
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

And for your welcoming present you get to beat the snot out of UAB. However, you have to go to Birmingham.

3. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Good too see yo back jandy

4. jandy

jandy Walk On

Good to be back, Glen. Glad to see you're still going strong with Wiscy (y)

5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Auburn pulls out a win against a pesky Razorbacks team that forced several turnovers
    ScreenHunter_10 Dec. 01 11.57.jpg ScreenHunter_11 Dec. 01 11.57.jpg
    In other news the Heisman race is really heating up it looks as if Ohio St's Hall is trying to make a push with his huge numbers last week and tons of catches this week....Will it be enuff? can he keep it up? Or will Robinson pull away now that he see's Hall in his rear view???
    ScreenHunter_09 Dec. 01 11.52.jpg ScreenHunter_12 Dec. 01 11.57.jpg
    9 catches for almost 300 and 6TD's then 14 catchs in a game....nice how will Robinson respond....
    BIG TIME!

6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I really don't like this "Every year I'm going to have a player, put up outrageous stats and win the Heisman attitude." Yes he had a big game with 300 yards and six touchdowns (3 receiving, if it was 6 receiving it would have been egregious) but that was one game. The 14 catches are a lot, but 11 came in the first half when the game was close, and it went for a total of 152 yards... a lot of it were checkdowns and screens. Please do not force feed Robinson for another 400 yard/6 TD game, your insistence on winning the Heisman every year is sucking some air away from this.

7. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

I don't care about the Heisman it's more about when I have a big game like the 400 yard game I get a PM or text.. and threatened...when I see others having a big game your self included and just wanted to point it out that its just not me.....That was one game just like yours was it happens. In that game he had 4 carries that went for 60-80+ yards that put him over 200 yards alone and only 28 carries in the game and my back up had 16 carries for over 100 yards 2 tds and I threw for 361yards... the ball was spread around a lot but he made big runs I think he had 7 over 20 yards...all the other games have been decent stats and not to much... 20-30 carries a game is normal for a feature back and I've had games where the back up gets more touches than Robinson... I've been watching his #'s and keeping them down and will continue to do so, but if he breaks big runs im not going to just run him out of bounds or dive down... that's far from realistic... he's usually on the bench by mid 3rd qt anyway except this last game verse Arkansas because it was close until the 4th...... I understand what your saying about big numbers ect ect.... and I agree and like I said have been keeping them down... but it's not just me... 300 yards rec is a bunch and 6tds is a lot no matter how they came... 14 receptions in a game is more than my leading wr has all year... just saying

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Not trying to accuse you of anything, but are you overdoing it with certain types of runs that "work every time"? I run the ball quite a bit but I don't get a ton of 60+ yrd runs because of the style of running that I do. My RB is pretty good this year as well.

I understand wanting to be competitive and that it's fun to have big games, but maybe you need to mix it up a bit more if that many of your runs end up going to the house.

9. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

It's not just one game though. Your average game is probably 200+ yds and 3 TDs, no matter who you're running back is. That's the kind of season that happens once in a while , not every year. Do others have big games? Yes. Do they have the same guy having big games every game? No. That's the difference here. I'm sure we all have a guy where we could put up ridiculous numbers every week, but that's not the point of playing in a league like this.

10. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Let me know when ya find a play that works every time cuz I aint found one yet...I run out of all formations and most big plays come out of the shotgun or off of some type of option play.... I just don't run run run....look at the stats I pass plenty.... I play the same style against a user as I do the CPU in the game vs Texas this year I had a Player rush for 195...it was not my HB but it's the same system and concept that gets good yards on the ground... as far as the same player having good numbers every week i'm not sure what you want me to do....rotate my starting hb's???...Cmassey is right it don't matter who the back is they going to get good #'s because of the offense I run...almost every game I have 2 Backs over 100 yards...my intention is not to put up big #'s I jus take what the defense gives me... and they choose to give most of it on the ground...I can change to a pass 1st team and get good numbers there too... I'm done talkin about it I've already said I was going to and have been keeping his numbers low. 15-30 carries and 100- 200yds is about my rbs average and has been forever its the style I play....I've already got spanked for the big 400yd game and it should not happen again..i agree.. but im not going to dumb down my offense but I will try and spread the ball around more but ive already been doing that look at the touches my back up gets and the # of passes I throw...no ones being "force fed", he just makes plays when he touch's the ball.

11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

For sure, we're not trying to attack you, just constructive conversation. As for the whole PM and texts thing, those are private and just for you...but you're not the only one getting them. I've had conversations with plenty of people in this OD about numerous issues or concerns, I just don't make them public if I feel I don't have to.

As for my games with Ray Hall...yeah 14 receptions is a lot, but that was one game and I was trying out some bubble screen plays. I think 6 receptions were bubble screens and that's kind of an extension to the run game IMO. And if you look at Urban Meyer's offense, it's not uncommon for a WR (generally the slot receiver like Harvin, Corey Brown or in this case Ray Hall) to get 10+ receptions in a game because of bubble screens, passes in the flat ect. That offense is about getting your best players the ball in open space and letting them make a play and we all can agree that Hall is my best player and a special one at that. So it's not that crazy for him to have a very good year in his senior season.

I think the thing that frustrates people most is that one year it was Frazier, one year its Mason and now its Robinson. All three put up unworldly stats. But to your credit all three were highly-rated players, so if they are just really good that's not really your fault. I only started this conversation because you made a comment about "coming back in a big way" with Robinson next week, and I don't want this to turn into a battle where you and I are trying to put up crazy numbers with Robinson/Hall every week and outdo one another. Because, yes, I do want to win the Heisman with Hall. He's my favorite player I've recruited so far, was the top play in the first recruiting class and has already had 2 "Heisman moments" with his game winning catch against UGA and his massive game against Notre Dame. But I don't want to go out and play every week with the mindset "Oh I need to get Hall these stats to keep pace with Fred" because that's not how I like to play, and I hope you agree with that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

48-hours is up today at 3:00 pm ET. I will likely extend it to around 8:00 pm ET but nothing after that. @Antionio T. and Rekkapryde i've seen nothing on here to indicate you've made an effort to play your user game. I know that Iowa is away from internet until Monday, but what's up with you fishdock

13. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Spayer419 game will be completed by 6 ... hoppping on now.

14. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Oklahoma Manhandles TCU​
    Oklahoma35-TCU17.jpg
    The Sooners hit the road against TCU this week but played like they were right at home. The Sooners took an early 7-0 lead in the first quarter on a bomb wheel route to Early King and didn't look back. The score at halftime was 28-10 and the Sooners just wore down the Horned Frogs with a solid run game for most of the second half. The big news out of this game was that in the second quarter Early King was diagnosed with a bruised sternum and missed the rest of the game. Hopefully he will be back in full health as the Sooners prepare for a Red River Rivalry with huge BCS and Big 12 implications.​

15. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Texas Cruises to Easy W 38-3 Over Aztecs

HB Daniel Richard and WR Terrence Dorsey eached scored two TDs in the first half to lead the Longhorns to a 28-3 halftime advantage. The backups would handle things the rest of the way as Texas was able to rest their starters and avoid any unnecessary injuries in the second half. QB Connor Brewer was sharp again as he totaled 220 yards and 3 TDs on 11 of 14 passing. Sophomore WR Terrence Dorsey continues to impress by racking up 114 yards to go along with his two scores.

Next up for the Longhorns is the Red Rivalry Game at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas against a tough-looking Oklahoma Sooners squad.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HOOK 'EM!

16. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Maybe I should just let this topic die, but the reasoning here is bugging me. So the unrealistic numbers aren't the product of "force feeding" a certain player and the ball is being spread around, which is certainly the case, but the stats still seem out of whack. If the reason for these stats really is just "because of the offense I run", then it seems to me the offense that's being run isn't realistic then. And no this isn't a personal thing, if any of us were continually having once in a generation type of seasons year in and year out, I'd be asking the same questions.

17. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Here's another issue with 'the offense you run'. Seems to me it is geared to plays that exploit the AI. If not, you would have the same success against human players. I played against you in the Any Given Saturday league in the SEC championship. You had one big run by the QB, then I adjusted. The computer is not smart enough to adjust so you take advantage. Sorry, but that's not what these leagues are set up to do. It's called sim for a reason. Outside of a few "big" games, everyone else is pretty darn good about making it realistic.