Week 7, 2016

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Dec 9, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 7!

Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #6 Yale Bulldogs (4-0) ===============

Last week, Yale won 38-21 against Georgetown (3-1).

This week, the Bulldogs travel to Philadelphia to face the Pennsylvania Quakers (3-1).

In recruiting news, the following Yale targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) RT Brandon McKeon has committed to Yale

=============== #11 Brown Bears (4-0) ===============

Last week, Brown won 48-10 against Harvard (3-1).

This week, the Bears will host Bucknell (4-0).

In recruiting news, the following Brown targets have announced their decisions:

- (*****) WR Dustin Osborn has committed to Georgia

- (****) TE Peter Hall has committed to Georgetown

=============== Cornell Big Red (3-1) ===============

Last week, Cornell won 28-10 against Delaware (1-3).

This week, the Big Red will host Columbia (1-3).

In recruiting news, the following Cornell targets have announced their decisions:

- (***) ROLB Quinton Bailey has committed to Arizona State

- (*****) CB Courtney Riley has committed to Auburn

=============== Georgetown Hoyas (3-1) ===============

Last week, Georgetown lost 38-21 against Yale (4-0).

This week, the Hoyas will host Dartmouth (1-3).

In recruiting news, the following Georgetown targets have announced their decisions:

- (*****) RE Jeff Louis has committed to Florida

=============== Columbia Lions (1-3) ===============

Last week, Columbia won 30-29 against Pennsylvania (3-1).

This week, the Lions travel to Ithaca to face the Cornell Big Red (3-1).

In recruiting news, the following Columbia targets have announced their decisions:

- (***) RT Nate Hudson has committed to Purdue

- (****) RT Albert Moore has committed to Stanford

=============== Dartmouth Big Green (1-3) ===============

Last week, Dartmouth won 17-14 against Howard (3-1).

This week, the Big Green travel to Washington to face the Georgetown Hoyas (3-1).

In recruiting news, the following Dartmouth targets have announced their decisions:

- (*) FB Julius Marshall has committed to Dartmouth

=============== Delaware Blue Hens (1-3) ===============

Last week, Delaware lost 28-10 against Cornell (3-1).

This week, the Blue Hens travel to Princeton to face the Princeton Tigers (0-4).

In recruiting news, the following Delaware targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) C Sean Smith has committed to Notre Dame

- (***) FB Christian Douglas has committed to Northwestern

=============== Howard Bison (3-1) ===============

Last week, Howard lost 17-14 against Dartmouth (1-3).

This week, the Bison will host Harvard (3-1).

=============== Harvard Crimson (3-1) ===============

Last week, Harvard lost 48-10 against Brown (4-0).

This week, the Crimson travel to Washington to face the Howard Bison (3-1).

In recruiting news, the following Harvard targets have announced their decisions:

- (***) ROLB Pat Tidwell has committed to Harvard

=============== Bucknell Bison (4-0) ===============

Last week, Bucknell won 66-13 against Princeton (0-4).

This week, the Bison travel to Providence to face the #11 Brown Bears (4-0).

In recruiting news, the following Bucknell targets have announced their decisions:

- (*) DT George Ford has committed to UTEP

- (*) CB Jonathan Douglas has committed to Texas State

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

JQwon13

Can you play kickoff today sometime this afternoon?

3. IrishBearcat

Dartmouth Defense Holds Strong As Time Expires
    __________________________________________________________________________________

Associated Press

[​IMG]

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The buzz for the Georgetown v Dartmouth contest drew a sold out crowd (2,534) for Saturday's game. Last season the Big Green grinded out a victory at home with a pick by MLB Mike Beverly in the end zone to seal the game.

Georgetown won the toss and elected to defer. The defenses came out ready to play as each squad forced a punt. On Dartmouth's second drive of the game QB Joe Campbell forced a pass into coverage near the boundary and the Hoya SS Trent Robinson would make the Big Green pay. Robinson jumped the route and carried the rock 32 yards all the way to paydirt to put Georgetown up 7-0.

After another Hoya stop QB Dan Jones forced a pass right into the hands of true freshman FS R.J. Calhoun for the team's first turnover of the game. Getting the ball on the Hoya 12 RB Tom Blair ran right up the middle into the end zone completely untouched to tie the game at 7-7. The Big Green defense fed off the momentum and forced a punt. Facing a 3rd and 1 Dartmouth called Blair's number again. He picked up great blocks and ran around the edge for a 53 yard touchdown.

Up 14-7 the Dartmouth defense held Georgetown to a field goal with :32 left in the half. With the game at 14-10 Dartmouth moved the ball down the field with a few deep completions. The unthinkable happened as Campbell forced another pass into coverage that led to a pick six for Georgetown! Hoyas led at half 17-14.

Georgetown came out of halftime and moved methodically down the field. They reached the Big Green 40 yard line but a sack on third down forced a punt. Coach Irish decided to pull Campbell if favor of JR QB Darrell Scott. Scott helped the offense pick up a few first downs. Then on a read option play Scott kept the ball and rumbled down the sideline untouched into the end zone for a 59 yard touchdown! Big Green led 21-17 entering the fourth quarter.

Mike Beverly ended Georgetown's opening drive of the 4th quarter on an interception! It looked like the pick was the second consecutive game sealing interception Beverly had against the Hoyas but the game was far from over. Backup RB George Stewart broke off another huge run for Dartmouth down the sideline on a 37 yard score. Up 28-17 Georgetown was in trouble... or were they?

Dan Jones hurried the team down the field and then broke off a 13 yard run up the gut into the endzone without being touched. Cutting the score to 28-23 they decided to go for the two point conversion but Jones was intercepted. The Hoya D forced a stop and Georgetown had a shot to win the game with about a minute left and one timeout. The Dartmouth defense forced a sack and Georgetown faced a third and 17. They hit a big pass that almost was a first down. On 4th and 1 Georgetown converted. The game was coming down to the wire.

Jones began heating up as he broke around the edge twice on consecutive plays. He drove the team down inside the 10 yard line without any timeouts. With :08 left in the game Georgetown lined up in a 4 WR set and each receiver ran a curl. Jones fired a laser to a wide open curl in the end zone but the pass was a bit low and the receiver had to come back to the football to make the catch. The receiver ran backwards out of the end zone and was tackled in bounds, short, by Calhoun. Without any timeouts all the Hoyas could do was watch as time expired. Dartmouth pulled out a another stunning victory!

Helluva game JQwon13 , as I said that was extremely unlucky but still a great game as it came down to the very last play. My defense has stopped you just short of victory for two straight seasons, but we'll have our hands full next season as your team guns for revenge. GL the rest of the way.

4. IrishBearcat

Qwigly

Looks like my roommate and yourself have the last game. I'm at work, but know he's home. I can contact him if you can play him soon, he should be open to play the rest of the evening.

5. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

I was going to watch the Packers game but will play if he is available. Sent my number, text if he can play and i'll jump on

6. IrishBearcat

the Bear

Said he wasn't sure if he can play tonight, I'll let you two work it out here on the forum.

7. the Bear

the Bear Walk On

Qwigly hey man I can't play tonight but whenver you wanna play tomorrow just let me know and we'll make it happen.

8. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

posted in the "game scheduling" area when I am available, check that and let me know.

9. the Bear

the Bear Walk On

9pm central sounds good.

10. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

okay, plan on that tomorrow night

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

F this game. On my final drive against Irish, I completed a deep post to my Tight end which they whistled the play dead where he caught it even though he was on the run and would have picked up more yardage. Then on the final play, my WR runs a curl open several yards into the end zone, I fire it and the idiot comes back out of the end zone catching the ball running the other way and gets tackled in bounds to lose the game... That's the kind of stupid crap that makes me wanna just quit the league...

• Like Like x 2
  12. IrishBearcat

Agreed man, hate that the game had to end on a play like that. Qwigly and I were talking about similar EA bullshit, but as I told him I'd like to think it all evens out for everyone. I think we've all benefited as well as heartbroken by EA and the "Supa Heisman." Still was a great game, and was having fun even when I was tossing pick sixes. Was a great chess match start to finish.

13. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Bear, had a change of plans today, I will be available during the day as I am off work. Are you able to play during the day? Other than getting son on bus around 8am central I can go pretty much whenever. Had something come up that I am not sure 9pm tonight will work.

Let me know

14. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Bucknell Bisons 10
    @
    #11 Brown Bears 40

This one was actually a lot closer in the first half than the score would indicate. Brown was able to consistently drive the ball but the Bucknell defense would hold firm and forced 4 FG's including 3 in the redzone. It was blown open though in the 3rd quarter when consecutive drives had 60+ yard TD's. In the end the Brown defense was just to fast for Bucknell as they swarmed the Read Option limiting the Bison to 1.5 YPC on 22 carries and the offense was never able to overcome that.

Despite not being that close was a good game and the way Strick is recruiting it won't be long before the talent evens out.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  15. Strick

Strick Walk On

Yeah, Brown's defense crushed me. Threw a killer pick before half that could have been a TD and make it a 2 point game at he break. Snowballed after that. On to Yale.

16. nikpin

Yea that pick before the half is always a killer. Those always hurt the most. For some reason it wasn't letting me format the post without posting the beginning first so I just threw it up and added the write up.

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

What really screws me... is that it wasn't just a loss...I had my entire recruiting class in for this game...

18. nikpin

Hey at least you didn't get hosed out of a week of recruiting!

19. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I would have preferred that... I threw the ball to an open WR who for now reason, came out of the endzone... That would never happen in real life.

20. nikpin

Receivers do dumb things all the time.

See Dez Bryant.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  21. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

He wouldn't come sprinting out of the end zone when he's open to make the winning touchdown catch. Don't argue that someone would ever do that.

22. nikpin

Nope but I'm saying that receivers do dumb things so I wouldn't put that beyond the realm of possibilities.

23. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I wish you could see the replay. He was several yards deep in the endzone. Wide open. And I threw it relatively quickly. It wasn't like this was an extended play.

24. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

I would like to see AWR raised by at least 10 or more points per player...if I had nothing better to do, I would play several games then edit the rosters and play a like number of games then compare, see if things play out a bit more realistic.

PS - Bear hoping you saw my post and can play during the day today, I wont be able to make our 9pm central game tonight?

25. Strick

Strick Walk On

the Bear