Week 7, 2017

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Should be an interesting week with two nice user matchups between Alabama/Oklahoma and Iowa/Wisconsin, and some potential trap games against the CPU, including Ohio State who travels to Happy Valley for their biennial "crap your pants" game against Penn State.​
    #2 Georgia Tech @ #13 Virginia Tech​
    North Carolina vs. #25 Miami​
    #20 Michigan @ Rutgers​
    #3 Notre Dame @ Syracuse​
    #6 Texas vs. Ole Miss​
    #16 Florida @ #4 LSU​
    Florida State vs. Boston College​
    #9 Alabama @ #18 Oklahoma
    #1 Ohio State @ #18 Penn State​
    User Game of the Week: #8 Wisconsin @ #12 Iowa

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

SO the Oklahoma Spring game is this week? Crimson vs Cream!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Haha ruthless

• Like Like x 1
  4. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Tallahassee is expecting a huge announcement next week after a 17-10 win over Boston College lead by Chip Mitchell who was featured all OVER the field today. Mitchell had his typical 8 catch 161 yard day but Boston College kept him out of the endzone...through the air. Mitchell was featured as a running back and ran in his only carry of the day from 10 yards out and added 60 return yards in punt and kick return. The Seminoles took a 17-0 lead into the 4th quarter and the defense looked extremely sound but would bend a little bit before holding on and MLB James Pettway recorded his 4th sack on the day, icing the game for the Eagles. Pettway finished as the player of the game with 8 tackles 6 for loss 4 sacks and 1 forced fumble. His linebacker brother Mike Wesley had a solid 5 tackles all for loss 3 sacks and a forced fumble as well. FS Tony Givens was a tackling MACHINE recording 11 solo tackles, many of which were Big Hits. The Seminole Defense is really appearing to be this teams strong suit as they've given up an average of less than 13 points per game the past 3 weeks.

Recruiting figures to pick up as about 80% of the Seminoles recruiting board will be in Tallahassee next week to watrch the Noles take on perrenial doormat and winless Idaho. The Noles expect a few big time commitments next week after landing mammoth SS out of Lawrence, GA 4* Dee Robertson. This kid stands 6'5 and 200.lbs and is a tackling machine. He's the 4th ranked safety in the country and the Noles staff are now 2 for 4 on the year recruiting in the state of Georgia. A flip from 44th overall ranked prospect G Ben White would solidify the Noles staff knocking their assignment out of the park this year in terms of recruiting in the rival state.

Big things in Tallahassee!!!

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Buckeyes Dismantle Familiar Foe
    Over the past six seasons, no team has had more success against Ohio State than the Penn State Nittany Lions. In fact, in that span, Penn State is the only team to beat Ohio State more than once. Twice in the past five meetings OSU has marched into Happy Valley as the top-ranked team in the nation, boasting an unblemished record and an offense many thought to be perfect as well. And both times the offense sputtered, the defense stunk and the team stumbled out of State College with its first loss of the season.
    Tonight wasn't one of those nights.
    On a dark and rainy night Buckeye fans had reason to feel uneasy. After all, similar gloomy weather was present in 2012 and 2015 when PSU knocked off the then-top ranked Buckeyes. And with OSU leading just 21-14 with a minute left in the first half, it looked like Penn State could pull off another shocker. But senior quarterback Malik Brown drove the Buckeyes down field for a quick score, extending the lead to 14.
    Nonetheless, the PSU faithful came out rocking in the second half, with plenty of hope given that their Nittany Lions would have the ball first, and the Buckeyes had done little to stop them up to that point. But for what seemed to be the first time all night, OSU made a critical tackle in the open field to force a punt.
    It was a punt that changed the game.
    When senior receiver Michael Baker received the kick at PSU's 22, he started left, saw three oncoming defenders, then cut back to the right where he found two teammates. Baker rode his blockers like a convoy until midfield where he met PSU's last line of defense - #59 in the picture below - made a quick cut back toward the left and was off. As the speedy Baker exploded toward the endzone the OSU sideline exploded in jubilation. Baker had opened the flood gates.
    He wasn't done yet.
    OSU forced another three and out on the next possession, sacking opposing quarterback Andrew Sutton twice. Sensing he was now in battle with a deflated enemy, Meyer went for the jugular and dialed up a play action pass on OSU's first play. On the end of the pass was Baker, who had to fully extend to make an incredible diving catch for a 43-yard touchdown.
    Many questioned how OSU would rebound from the loss of Heisman winner Ray Hall, who provided a spark in nearly every facet of the game - evidenced by the corny yet catchy slogan his fans loved to utter - "Ray Hall does it all." But the Buckeyes seem to have found player to replace Hall's production in the form of Baker, who returned two punts for touchdowns and also caught two touchdown passes.
    With Baker they might also have a new catch phrase.
    "The coaches have been calling me 'Michael Baker the touchdown maker'," Baker said. It's certainly fitting.
    With the win the top-ranked Buckeyes improve to 6-0 on the season. Next week they host Wisconsin in what has become the conference's most heated rivalry.
    [​IMG]
    Baker cuts past a defender for his first of two punt return touchdowns

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  6. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Longhorns Crush Ole Miss

The Ole Miss Rebels broke an 80-yard touchdown run on their first offensive play of the game, but it didn't take Texas very long to answer with a 66-yard touchdown pass from Vince Woods to Terrence Dorsey. That sparked the Horns to 35 straight points before Ole Miss would add another score late in the first half. The second half was all Longhorns, as they added three more touchdowns in the third quarter including a punt return for a touchdown from Dorsey. WR Eric Clemons, who moved from QB to receiver this season, caught two big TD passes. The running game got going too with 4 rushing TDs, including a very nice 44-yard scoring dash by freshman HB James Moore after the backups came in for some playing time. Moore's play continues to impress, and he may end up taking over the starting role sooner than expected. Either way, he'll continue to see the field often going forward as he has a knack for finding running room and breaking big plays.

Another edition of the Red River Rivalry awaits Texas next week, and as always it should be a tough game.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HOOK 'EM!

7. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

BAKE CAN SHAKE!

8. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

webbs6212 when are you available? I'm looking forward to our first match up in this dynasty

• Like Like x 1
  9. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

im free after 1 cst today..

10. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I have a game in my madden league scheduled for 3cst do you want to play after that? Say 4ish cost.

11. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

GUT WRENCHING LOSS IN NORMAN​

Bama27-OU21.jpg

As the Tide rolled in to Norman Saturday, a great defensive matchup between two SEC powers took place. The game simply could have gone either way, and practically did as both teams took turns scoring, punting, and turning the ball over waiting for the other team to break. Oklahoma hit the board first on an Early King PR TD which was the only score of the first quarter. Alabama then scored fourteen unanswered points thanks to RB Lee Brothers and a 75-yd pick six from CB Tim Reid. Feeling the pressure of going into the tunnel down at half, the Sooners struck quickly on a bomb to Kyle Walker and the teams ended the first half tied 14-14. The third quarter was an impressive example of two huge defenses playing a chess game with turnovers and three and outs being more frequent that first downs and big gains. Alabama's kicker put three on the board, and the Crimson Tide held a three point lead going in to the fourth quarter. One big play plus a roughing the passer penalty led to Alabama's second offensive touchdown of the day, and put the Sooners in a ten point hole. After another Tide FG, the Sooners finally found the end zone when QB Logan Joseph found TE DJ Williams in the endzone to pull the Sooners within one score, with three minutes left. On the ensuing drive, the Sooners forced a fumble but watched their inaccurate and ineffective offense give the ball over after four downs. On the next drive, the Sooners again stood tall and forced an Alabama punt getting the ball back with one minute and thirty seconds left. Unfortunately, as was the case all afternoon, the Sooners just couldn't get open for a deep ball bomb they are accustomed to, and the game ended with the Crimson Tide in the v-formation. A true slobberknocker, it will be fun to watch this defensive rivalry develop as the Sooners continue to navigate their way through the vaunted SEC. ​

12. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

that works..just shoot me a text when ur ready..712-348-7178

13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Crumbler81 please try to have game done by 4 pm cst so we can advance after the user game

• Like Like x 1
  14. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I'm not sure I've anticipated an adv as much as this week. 1300 point call with the Consensus #1 overall player in this Recruiting Pool WR Marcus Johnson, Megatron's younger cousin who has his cousins alma mater, Georgia Tech as his favorite this week and FSU a close second. He's on campus next week so if he doesn't commit to Georgia Tech this week it could be a HUGE week for the Seminoles.

15. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Good luck, excited to see how this plays out and hoping hes able to make an impact for one of you from day one. What are his ratings?

16. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Because I was behind the 8ball on recruiting I lost out on 20 hours so I've been recruiting blind this year. I haven't spent a minute on him because regardless he's going to be the best player on my board even if he completely busts out... typically the #1 picks don't *knock on wood*. I've spent my minutes elsewhere with just 3 a week its tough to find Gem prospects but I must admit I've done an excellent job with the hand I've been dealt. Thrilled with my board and my class thus far. This kid would be icing on the cake, I've never signed the #1 overall prospect so I'm very excited to see how this pans out.

As for his ratings, he's projected to be -

83 OVR
    A Speed & Accel
    B Catching
    C Route Running, Catch in Traffic and Release.

As long as he doesn't absolutely TANK after being scouted he will be my #1 Flanker next year with my freshman sensation Chip Mitchell occupying the #2 in 2WR sets or the Slot in 3+WR sets and will-be SR Joel Gant occupying the next spot in our receiving corps... we should be poised to have a lethal passing attack in the future and this is a great scenario to break in a new QB next year JR Pocket Passer Brian Morgan who allready has a strong accurate arm. (90 Arm Strength 86 Accuracy) that should be both 90+ after progression this year. Love this team and this OD!!

17. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Check out the article I wrote about Marcus in the Recruiting thread, Spayer. I had alotta fun writing it in the mold of many reports I follow about recruits for SC and other HS kids from ESPN.

18. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Did we ever get a confirmation about Michigan CPU game? Or the user game?

19. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Wolverines Survive!
    Outlast Rutgers in 3 OT Thriller 42-40
    [​IMG]
    Michigan improves to 3-3, but not without almost making their coach go into cardiac arrest! The Wolverines' defense struggled to stop the Scarlet Knights all game long and Michigan only clung to a 14-13 lead at the Half. Rutgers looked to pull off the upset after QB Timothy Gonzales hit WR BJ McKinley from 42 yards out to take a 21-14 lead. The Knights would increase their lead to a commanding 24-14 advantage after a 24-yard FG early in the 4th. Fortunately for Michigan, QB Jon Huff showed some veteran leadership leading the offense on a quick scoring drive to pull to within a FG with over 4 minutes remaining. With a little momentum, the Michigan defense was able to make a rare stop and K Tommy Cook nailed a 32-yard FG as time expired to send it into overtime. In the first extra session, both teams traded FGs and then Rutgers QB Gonzales hit WR Joel Jackson from 10 yards out to take a touchdown lead, but the Wolverines quickly answered with a 6-yard TD strike from Huff to send it into a 3rd overtime. On a 1st and Goal, HB Samson Whitworth pushed his way into the endzone and took the pitch on the very next play to convert the 2-pt conversion, but it was not over yet. The Knights got their shot in the 3rd extra period as Gonzales once again hit McKinley for another TD, but HB Jason Lane was stuffed on a toss play and their 2-pt attempt fell 3 yards short to end the game. WR Matt Donaldson received Player of the Game honors with another monster performance.
    Next, Michigan will travel to Lansing to face the hated Spartans in 2 weeks.
    Michigan
    QB Jon Huff - 20/31, 334 YDS, 5 TD, INT
    HB Samson Whitworth - 26 RUSH, 160 YDS, TD
    WR Matt Donaldson - 9 REC, 220 YDS, 3 TD
    MLB Marquis Gray - 9 TKLS, SCK
    Rutgers
    QB Timothy Gonzales - 23/33, 296 YDS, 3 TD
    HB Jason Lane - 32 RUSH, 155 YDS, TD
    WR BJ McKinley - 4 REC, 91 YDS, 2 TD
    DE Jimmy Fontaine - 4 TKLS, 2 SCKS

• Like Like x 1