Week 7 #3 OSU at #4 PSU - Game Summary

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jms493, May 7, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Week 7 #3 OSU at #4 PSU - Game Summary

Juggs and JMS go at it again.

Quick summary b/c the video highlight wont be available till late tonite.

1st Half
    Penn State drove the field and went for it on 4th and inches on the goaline and was stuffed.

OSU moved up the field with a nice mix of plays but the QB got whacked by CJ and fumbled in the red zone.

PSU drove methodically up the field and QB Fanene threw a strike to Bryant to the 1 yd line and a Holding penalty.....fuck! FG for PSU 3-0 with 1 min left in the half.

OSU managed some quick strikes to kick a FG to tie it up 3-3 at the Half!

2nd Half

Penn State got the ball back and again moved the ball nicely and eventually scored on a 1 yd TD run by the FB 10-3 PSU

OSU struggling on offense threw a costly int as PSU drove up the field again...BUT instead of playing it safe in the redzone and just settling for a FG Fanene threw a int for a TD....10-10. (just a terrible amatuer decision)

PSU needed to get something going and on a 3rd and long hit their Freshman #4 WR Lewis for a 50 yard strike......2 plays later Jordan Carlson caught a 15 yard pass for a TD and PSU takes back their lead 17-10.

OSU moving the ball but were struggling with the passing game...they threw another pick on 2nd down with not much time left in the 4th and PSU tacked on another 7 to end the threat.

24-10 Penn State.

Stats that I can remember
    (estimates)
    Fanane 10-16 1 TD 1 INT

Mcfarland 29/130 yds 1TD 4 rec for 60
    Fanene 10/71 yds

CJ and Morris each had 2 sacks

Ben Smith - 4 ints
    Hayes 10/80 yds (1-55 yd run)

Smith (99 sp) 6 catches for about 90 yds

The defense is winning games here for Penn State. They only gave up 3 points to the PSU offense. Penn State wanted to attack the middle of the field passing wise due to the 79 rated MLB they have. Worked a few times but the main problem was OSU's lack of containment on quick footed QB Fanene as he had 10 runs for 71 yards....some on key 3rd downs. I imagine coach Hellisan (who was watching on justin.tv) is developing a plan to contain him in the pocket. He could wreck a defensive game plan.

Good game as always Juggs........I get the feeling he just hates playing PSU......i love that!

Next is Michagan and crazy offense.

2. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Sounds like you did to Juggs on defense what he has done to me twice

Good, I need the Big 10 to beat up on each other, if I can win the rest of my games, I may be able to get back into the picture

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah let me summerize even quicker.

our qb sucks big hairy donkey cock & balls

that is all