Week 7: Baltimore vs Houston

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by I Peench, Oct 9, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Jul 1, 2010
    Houston 42
    Baltimore 28

Houston came out of the gates firing on all cylinders, putting up a quick 14-0 lead to take a decisive lead. Baltimore then answered with a score of their own, before Schaub threw an interception that enabled the Ravens to equalize. The Texans continued to assert their air attack despite the interception, and lead going into the half 28-21 thanks to a last minute deep ball to Andre Johnson.

The pace of the game slowed substantially in the 2nd half. Each team suffered from tough turnovers. The Texans fumbled three times in the second half alone, once in the red zone. Meanwhile, Joe Flacco threw a total of 4 interceptions, including one in the endzone when Baltimore was primed to put up points.

Schaub finished with 426 yards passing 5 TDs and 1 interception, while Flacco threw for 328 2 TDs and 4 picks. Both Ray Rice and Arian Foster were limited, each averaging 3.4 ypc. Rice had 75 yards, while Foster had 68 and a touchdown.

Game ball for the Texans goes to Andre Johnson, who blew up for 9 catches and 3 touchdowns. Seems that in my simmed games Andre has put up big numbers, so expect his productivity to be limited the next few weeks.

gg TheRealHalupka. If not for those turnovers, it would've been an entirely different game.
  2. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Jun 7, 2012
    I Peench turnovers were definitely the key to this game, as it was back and forth for the entire second half. Andre was a beast, even if I spotlighted him, which I did from the 2nd quarter on, it was no use as he consistently made big play after big play.

Well played.
  3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Sep 4, 2010

I thought they removed the spotlight action? I'm not sure how to do it when the WR icons don't come up. Did it change?