Week 7: Bengals @ Falcons

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bomber High, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Bomber High

Bomber High Walk On

Week 7: Bengals @ Falcons

The Bengals visited the Georgia Dome to take on the Atlanta Falcons and despite a strong offensive showing from their passing game they were ultimately doomed by turnovers.

The Bengals would strike first scoring on a 2 yard Benson run after Shipley was able to set them up with great field position following a catch on a throw Palmer never should have made. On a 3rd and 7 near midfield Palmer would see single coverage on the right and put far too much air under the ball and allowed the db to catch back up to the play but somehow Shipley was able to haul in the catch and set up the Bengals for the first score.

Atlanta would march directly back down the field rather effortlessly and Ryan would connect with Douglas on a 33 yard touchdown pass with 5 seconds left in the first quarter.

After two punts the Bengals would again look to stretch the field and Palmer hit Owens on a flag route deep in Atlanta territory but Owens would fumble giving the ball right back to Atlanta.

Atlanta wasted little time converting the turnover as Turner rammed one in on the goal line with 18 seconds left in the first half.

Looking to simply run out the clock the Bengals handed the ball to Benson only to see him stripped on the very first play and gave the ball back to the Falcons on the 23 yard line. The Falcons would score two plays later on a 23 yard crossing route to White.

The third quarter was largely scoreless despite a great early drive by Atlanta that was halted by a Leon Hall interception, but the Bengals would again do themselves in as Gresham would fumble giving the ball to Atlanta on the Bengals half of the field and they were able to convert on a Snelling 1 yard TD run with 17 second left in the third.

The fourth quarter would be all Bengals as Atlanta sat back and played catch me if you can zone defense. Palmer would throw two touchdown passes in the quarter one for 15 yards to Ochocinco and one for 25 to Caldwell in the back of the end zone as time expired.

Despite the ball security issues the Bengals were relatively happy with their passing game. The run game was non-existent as a result of Atlanta loading the box with a safety early and then having to play from behind for an entire half of football.

Final Bengals 21 - Falcons 28

Player of the Game
    Atlanta OLB Sean Weatherspoon for causing the two game changing fumbles by Benson and Gresham to go along with his 4 tackles

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Nice recap bomber. What was the final score?

3. Bomber High

Bomber High Walk On

Bengals 21 Falcons 28

Figures I would leave out the most important part