Week 7 Content/Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AJ Hart MN, Nov 13, 2010.

1. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Team Power Ranking Nat'l Ranking Record AJ's Take
    [​IMG] 1 1 6-0 (3-0) It's hard to argue about the Gators being at the top. Other than the Tennessee game, this team has looked dominant on both sides of the ball. It's unfortunate that the wins over OU and LSU have come with the coaches not being able to play but that's not the Gators problem. Some might say that those cpu controlled teams are as good as any user. QB Lance West has been remarkable so far, people in Gainesville already are talking about a potential Heisman for the youngster. The kid is only a Freshman so opposing defenses be on alert. LB Jelani Jenkins has anchored a Gator defense that has dominated in 5 of it's 6 games.
    [​IMG] 2 4 4-1 (2-0) When coach Bud Light was fired after the Florida debacle, new coach TBird came in and quickly calmed the boisterous Sooner boosters. The Sooners have looked unstoppable under the new coach dismantling Texas Tech and much more importantly Texas. Pitching a shutout in the red river rivalry was so impressive that we decided they belong at #2 this week over two unbeatens. RB Jerimie Calhoun has been a beast thus far already accumulating 515yds and 8TD's. CB Gabe Lynn is the early front runner for the Thorpe Award with an astonishing 5 picks already. This defense has the look of a National Title defense. The Sooners are praying that they see that Gator offense just one more time.
    [​IMG] 3 3 5-0 (3-0) The Gamecocks have been known to fly under the radar but not anymore. After taking down LSU in Baton Rouge, they have gotten the attention of the entire nation. At 3-0 in conference play, this team controls it's own destiny. They have had several close calls but the character of the coach and this team always prevails. Things will get very interesting this week as they travel to the Swamp to take on the #1 Gators. If they can somehow pull off the upset, look for the Gamecocks to be the #1 team in not only the power rankings but also the polls. Marcus Lattimore is the engine of this offense, he's already put up 686yds on the ground. The defense has been somewhat suspect at times but they seem to make the big play when needed. They surely will have their hands full with the Gators.
    [​IMG] 4 5 5-0 (3-0) Talk about flying under the radar, after all the success coach BoSoxFan has had, you'd think they would get a little more respect. They have had several close calls this season also but always find a way to pull out the win. This team seems to have some of that Tech magic working for them as they have struggled mightily throwing the ball. There has been grumblings in Blacksburg that QB Logan Thomas might not be the guy. He has only completed 64 of his 133 attempts with 9 picks. Thankfully for Tech, David Wilson is a beast running for 674yds already. The defense is led by DT Antoine Hopkins. He already has 6 sacks and 13 tackles for loss. There might be some hardware coming for mammoth DT from Lorton, Virginia.
    [​IMG] 5 6 5-1 (3-1) After a gut wrenching OT loss to USER killer FSU in which the Noles converted on a hail mary to send the game into OT, the Eagles have been on a mission. First they beat a very good Clemson team and then destroyed nationally ranked Ole Miss. Someone might want to tell NFL scouts about QB Mike Marscovetra, he's also playing at a Heisman level and doesn't seem to be slowing one bit. The talented QB already has 1768yds through the air with 16TD's. What's even more amazing is that he only has 3 picks. Like I said earlier, a 16/3 ratio has the scouts drooling. Luke Kuechly is what we call a stat stuffer. He's does a bit of everything. He already has 37 tackles, 3 Forced Fumbles, 2 Sacks, 1 pick and 8 Tackles for Loss. Not too shabby if I may say so.
    [​IMG] 6 12 5-1 (1-1) After two incredibly emotional wins against Texas and Missouri, the Tide was bound for a letdown and that indeed happened as they fell in Arkansas. They responded nicely after the loss and handed Georgia a beating. This team still has a great shot of playing in the SEC title game but they need to be more consistent. They have the tools to win the National Title but need to take it one week at a time. QB AJ McCarron really needs to take the next step and become a championship level QB because he has maybe the best RB in the land with Trent Richardson. What a workhorse Richardson is.. He's already got 136 attempts on the season. With the 862yds rushing and 13TD's, he has the look of a Heisman hopeful. Look out for big DT Kerry Murphy, he already has 18 tackles for loss and 4 sacks.. WOW!!
    [​IMG] 7 9 4-2 (1-2) It there is one team that I can never figure out, it's the Canes. After two crushing losses to rivals BC and FSU, they responded by going out to Lincoln and beating a great Nebraska team. Even with the two conference losses, this team could very well land in the ACC championship game. All they need to do is take care of business down on South Beach and everything should work out for them. The offense is led by WR Tommy Streeter who is having an All-American type of season. Streeter already has 33 catches for 639yds and 4TD's. QB Jamaal Thomas really needs to cut out the mistakes as he already has 12 picks. He's got a ton of yards but the costly TO's are responsible for this team's two losses. It's never a good thing when a CB leads your team in tackles but that's the case for the Canes. Brandon McGee is a stud but surely the Miami coaches are addressing this with the front seven.
    [​IMG] 8 8 4-2 (1-1) The first thing the Longhorns need to do after the loss to OU is get back on the field and play another game. While a Big-12 title may be gone for the season, there is still plenty to play for. Sitting at #8 in the polls, the Longhorns have a legitimate shot at playing in a BCS bowl game. The first thing they need to do is not turnover the ball as they coughed it up 4 times in the red river rivalry. We fully expect coach ctvolfan will have his team ready to go this week and we expect a great week of football out of this powerhouse. The two headed rushing attack of Tre Newton and Chris Whaley have already accounted for 710yds and 11TD's. Look for the Longhorns to ride these horses for the rest of the season as Garrett Gilbert has struggled this season so far. The defense was put in some tough spots by the offense in the OU game but so far this season has been pretty good. LB Jordan Hicks is surely getting it done with 30 tackles with 11 going for a loss and 3 sacks thus far in the season. He'll need to continue his dominant play if the Longhorns are to rebound from the tough loss.
    [​IMG] 9 - 3-2 (2-0) Mizzou is really not getting any respect in the polls. The only losses on the season came in gut wrenching fashion against FSU and Bama. They had Bama on the ropes but just couldn't pound it in from inside the 10. We surely have noticed the job that coach MexiRican has done and don't be surprised if this team finds itself in a BCS game. Give the coach a couple more weeks with this wacky spread attack and we think opposing defenses will have fits trying to stop him. QB James Franklin has done an exceptional job spreading the ball around to all these talented receivers. Mizzou has 4 different receivers with at least 275yds. That group is led by L'Damien Washington, he has 19 catches for 362yds and 3TD's on the season. The defense has been led by the stellar play of LB Zavier Gooden. He also has done a good job of stuffing the stat column with 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. It's a big week for the Tigers as they travel to Austin to take on an angry Texas squad.
    [​IMG] 10 10 4-2 (1-2) LSU is a team that has us scratching our heads a little bit. With all this talent, we can't see this team being down for long. The good news is if they can beat Bama and Arkansas, they should still be playing in the SEC title game. There can be no more let downs though as people down in Baton Rouge expected more out of this team. They really need to get two of their best players involved more. WR's Brett Scott and Rueben Randle have a total of 14 catches between them. These guys are much too talented not to be more involved in this offensive scheme. As they Gators found out, Scott has the potential to be the best player in the COUNTRY!! RB Mike Ford is putting up astonishing numbers thus far. With the 820yds and 14TD's already, Ford surely will be in New York when the Heismen winner will be announced. The game changer on the defensive side of the ball is FS Craig Loston. With 26 tackles, 4 for loss and two picks on his resume, he has All-American on his mind.
    [​IMG] 11 15 3-2 (2-1) Clemson responded nicely after a tough loss against a very good BC team with an absolute butt kicking of Wake Forest. If the Tigers could now win out, they still would have a great shot at winning the ACC and getting invited to a BCS bowl. Coach SodaAddict has shown that this team can play with anyone and he expects that there will be no more hiccups. A huge game against VTech is looming in two weeks and if they can pull out the win there, they should be set up for a huge 2nd half of the season. Kyle Parker is leading a balanced passing attack. The Tigers have 6 receivers with at least 10 catches. WR Bryce McNeil leads the group with 14 catches for 306yds and 2TD's. This type of balance has opposing defensive coordinators losing sleep every night trying to figure out how they can stop all these weapons. The defense is led by it's great LB's. Corico Hawkins, Jonathan Willard, Quandron Christian and Justin Parker have accounted for 96 tackles, 34 tackles for loss, 6 sacks, 6 forced fumbles, 4 fumble recovery's and 2 picks. This group might be the best in all of College Football.
    [​IMG] 12 21 3-2 (2-0) The Cornhuskers were licking their wounds after a very tough loss against a good Miami squad but came back and won an OT thriller against Texas Tech. They also hammered lowly Kansas since the Cane loss so this team looks to be back on track. Nebraska still has tough games ahead against OU and Mizzou so there is still plenty of work to be done. We still think this team has the capabilities of winning the Big-12 and representing the conference in the BCS but QB Taylor Martinez has to cut down on the TO's. He already has thrown 7 picks. Martinez does have some nice stats with almost 1400yds passing and 200yds rushing. RB Rex Burkhead has also had a good year rushing for 479yds and 7TD's. If anyone has ever seen Rex play, you'll know how hard it is to try to tackle this kid, he's a beast!! The defense is led by standout DT Baker Steinkuhler. The big kid from Wahoo, Nebraska has 4 sacks and 7 tackles for loss on the season.

Well.. That is all for this week from SNOWY St.Paul. Hopefully everyone isn't too pissed where I have their teams rated. It's really hard differentiating between all these great teams. Good luck to everyone on this week's games and let's hope none of us has to play those stinking Noles this week (Oops, it's all on you BoSox). Until next week Gents, I leave you with this.. GO GATORS!!

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Wow? You guys are getting snow? And what are the numbers beside the log (11 for Florida for example)? Or are those typos?

3. AJ Hart MN

Sorry man.. When I originally posted, I noticed a spelling mistake so I tried to edit it. Well, once I edited it, it came out looking like that. Then when I was reformatting it our power went out due to all this friggin snow were getting. We must have gotten about 4-6 inches thus far and it's the really wet snow so I don't know. We went out to eat, came back and it was back on. So I just edited it and it now looks like it was supposed to. :)

4. PAgamer07

Ahhhh Ok, that makes much more sense. I thought you had some magical forumla you were using, and Florida only came in at #11 but top rated user team. I was like, who could be ranked higher??

Thats messed up you guys are getting snow already. Crazy.

5. PAgamer07

As for the ratings? We are personally ranked way too high and Nebraska too low. They should have beaten us tbh.

6. AJ Hart MN

But they didn't.. Can't you say the same with BC??

7. PAgamer07

Ha. Dont want any bulletin board material, so I wont answer that one ;)

8. AJ Hart MN

lol

9. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Week 7 brings us two more user games, one in the battle for the SEC East crown between Florida and South Carolina, and the other between Missouri and Texas in a Big 12 matchup.

Last week we had 1 user game simmed and the Auto-Pilot went to Dean Evans of LSU.

Dean Evans, FuzzyL10gic, and JOEDESIGNS... consider this a warning, please step up your forum involvement. Apologies are fine, and I know there have been some issues with computers and such, but we are halfway in to the season and very little has been said. Keep in mind that my requirements here are not difficult and therefore, I am going to be much faster to come down on you if you go a couple of game weeks without communication of some kind.

Let's not let this become a repeated occurrence.

Everyone else, I continue to appreciate your communication on the threads and contributions to the league. Keep it up.

10. SodaAddict

Gotta say I have to cheer on V-Tech and Florida State against BC to keep my conference championship hopes alive.

11. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

The only real question is how far does South Carolina fall after losing by 40 this week?

12. AJ Hart MN

Haha, you can say that but i'm the one with all the pressure here. Your boys can just go out there and play ball while my boys have to live up to all these lofty expectations and what not. It will be a hell of a game for sure.. Your really selling yourself short here.. Didn't you just beat LSU??

13. SodaAddict

Your artificially intelligent players are really gonna be feeling the pressure out there today, AJH... haha

14. AJ Hart MN

When i'm a big favorite, I play with both hands firmly placed around my throat.

15. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

You got it man.

16. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

OU 38 KSU 13

This game started out a defensive battle with the teams trading punts until 1:51 left in the 1st when OU broke the deadlock on a short Calhoun TD run . KSU would respond with a nice drive of their own capping things off with a 2yd TD pass to tie the game 7-7 with 7:15 left in the half. OU would answer with their best drive of the day and score on a 21yd TD pass from Allen to Miller to reclaim a 14-7 lead. From here, OU, with some luck, stepped on the gas...It started when the defense snagged an option pitch in the air setting up a 19 yard TD pass extending the lead to 21-7 with 3:20 remaining in the half. KSU picked up a couple 1st downs, but as soon as they punted Allen found a streaking Reynolds from 75 yards out to go up 28-7. The defense then got an INT setting up a 1 yd B. Clay TD run with 0:19 seconds left in the half. The 2nd half was an exercise in clock killing...and getting the 2nd teams some valuable experience.

17. AJ Hart MN

South Carolina @ Florida
    Gotta give a ton of credit here to the Cocks, they played a fantastic game. The game started and SC came out and marched down the field against this D and put up 7. We responded nicely with 3 unanswered TD's and we kind of though we had this in the bag...But those scrappy Gamecocks came back and put up a huge TD to cut the lead to 7 right before half.​
    The second half had it's moments but we kept them at arm's length for the most part. He really played well but there is just too much talent over here. The amount of big plays this Gator team is able to make is ridiculous.. Every time the Cocks would think they made a stop, another 30/40yd play would happen. The final score would be Florida 35 - South Carolina 21.​
    QB Lance West had another spectacular game. He went 21-28 for 376yds and 3TD's and zero picks. It's going to be interesting to see this kid in 2 years when he get's only better. South Carolina played excellent, our defense made at least two great goal line stands and everytime the Cocks needed a stop, we made that big play to keep drives going. Great game Ryalaman!!​
    Scoring Summary
    First Quarter
    04:05TDSouth CarolinaLamar Scruggs WR #11 8 yard pass from Andrew Clifford QB #12
    Second Quarter
    07:56TDFloridaMike Gillislee HB #23 5 yard pass from Lance West QB #19
    02:44TDFloridaAndre Debose WR #4 5 yard rush
    00:52TDFloridaMack Brown HB #33 56 yard rush
    00:18TDSouth CarolinaJustice Cunningham TE #87 11 yard pass from Andrew Clifford QB #12
    Third Quarter
    07:46TDFloridaChris Dunkley WR #5 76 yard pass from Lance West QB #19
    Forth Quarter
    07:28TDSouth CarolinaMatt Coffee FB #48 2 yard pass from Andrew Clifford QB #12
    04:11TDFloridaAndre Debose WR #4 9 yard pass from Lance West QB #19

18. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I'm not gonna be able to do the SEC writeup until Tuesday. If someone else wants to step in and do it until then, that would be great, otherwise it'll be on hiatus and I'll pick it up again on Tuesday.

19. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Oh, and good game AJ. That offense is just unstoppable. If I blitz, he has a deep ball for a TD. If I sit back, his OL dominates my DL and he has all day to find the open man. I think I mustve tried every D in the playbook. He really knows what hes doing offensively.

20. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Nebraska 63
    Baylor 35

The Cornhuskers played a great game in front of their home crowd, stomping the Baylor Bears into the ground most of the game. Coach Fuzzy pulled his starters midway through the 3rd quarter, and the backups finished up the game. T. Martinez had a great day, throwing for 271 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, with a 74% completion rating. He also had 65 yards rushing on 5 attempts and scored 2 TDs on the ground. The defense forced 4 turnovers on the day (3 fumbles, 1 INT), and for the most part, played great. Will Compton, the senior starting MLB, caught the sole INT and ran it all the way back for a 65 yard TD.

Key Stats:

T. Martinez 17/23 271 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs, 5 attempts 65 yards 2 TDs

R. Burkhead 21 attempts 153 yards 3 TDs

K. Reed 5 catches 75 yards

K. Griffin 3 catches 55 yards 1 TD

21. SodaAddict

Good game between FL and SC, and congrats to AJH on basically sealing up the SEC East for the 3rd straight year.

Nice win Fuzzy, that's one of the biggest point totals put up this season!

I'm still looking for some more write-ups from a lot of ya :)

22. SodaAddict

Clemson took on NC State this week in what can only be called coach SodaAddict's best effort of his career to get everyone involved.

Passing
    Kyle Parker went 11-15 for 184 yards and 2 TD's and backup QB Tajh Boyd went 4 for 5 for 98 yards and 1 TD.

Rushing
    Andre Ellington had 12 attempts for 80 yards and 1 TD and a total of 11 Tigers had at least 1 rushing attempt en route to the 41-7 win for Clemson.

Receiving
    Only one player, DeAndre Hopkins, had more than 2 catches and a total of 8 players had at least one catch.

5 different players walked in to the end zone for Clemson's touchdowns and 20 different Clemson players had at least 1 tackle.

23. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Alabama 45 Ole Miss 13
    Coach Designs benched Trent Richardson after a sprain in the 3rd, the Heisman hopeful finished the day 8 attempts for 82 yards and 1 TD, and he caught 1 pass for 16 yards which would give him his 2nd TD on the day. The two big stories...AJ McCarron was pulled in favor of Anthony Foster, the move paid off as Foster went 14/21 for 279 Yds and 3 TD's. McCarron went 9/16 for 136 yards and 1TD. The big receiver on the day was again Michael Bowman who pulled in 206 yds of receiving on just 7 receptions he finished his day with 2 TD's. Bama is now looking to knock off the Vols as they travel to Tennessee next weekend. The Tide have taken control of the SEC West as they have improved to 2-1 and will replace Ole Miss atop the SEC West after this weekend.​

24. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Tech Puts User Killer Florida State In Their Place

FSU 35 VT 45

The Hokies gave the Seminoles their first loss of the season in a game that had a little bit of everything. An 18-point halftime lead for the Hokies was never comfortable as Florida State kept the pressure on throughout. In the 2nd quarter a fumble by the punt returner and a fumble by the offense turned into returns for touchdowns by the Va Tech. That propelled the team to a lead, but the game was never put away until the final moments. Quarterback Logan Thomas flashed brilliance and also futility. As the Tech faithful finally saw a change at the position in the form of Juju Clayton. Clayton came in as relief in the 3rd quarter and played pretty well off the bench. It is unknown whether the job will officially be given to Clayton or if Thomas will get one last chance to prove himself. Even with the shaky QB play the team still is undefeated and starting to get national attention on a title run. The hardest is yet to come with games at Clemson, Boston College, and Miami in the coming weeks. If the team makes it through unscathed it will be a huge success and really boost the Hokies towards to post-season. At this point it seems like it should be fairly easy for the squad to return to the ACC title game for the 3rd straight year.

25. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Starting to creep up and I took care of FSU for everybody.