Week 7: Cowboys @ Panthers

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by RynoAid, Oct 11, 2012.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

The inconsistent Cowboys would come calling on the Panthers in Carolina in week 7. After a bye week, Dallas needed to put together a solid effort to maintain the pace of New York and Philly as the NFC East is mired in mediocrity right now with three teams right around the .500 mark.

Dallas would set the defensive tone early stopping Carolina after one first down. The offense would then eat up nearly the entire 1st qtr on a 15 play drive that culminated with 7 points and put Dallas up early. Cam Newton would then throw one of his four INT's on the day and set Dallas up for another quick score. Cowboy 14-0.

Things would even out after that and the game would be tight into the 4th qtr. Down 24-10 the Panthers got back into the game when Romo threw a quick interception, giving the Panthers life with plenty of time in the game to score and the play some defense and get the ball back. Carolina drove down deep into the red zone but the Cowboys D stiffened. On 4th down from the 10 yard line, rookie CB Mo Claiborne stepped in front of a quick flat pass and took it 90 yard for the TD and sealed the game tight at 31-10 Cowboys.

GG Blaza was closer than the final score would indicate.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Just a tough game for the Cats of Carolina. We we're stuffed early on offense and really never felt comfortable against Dallas' tricky 3-4 defense. The Cowboys didn't bring a ton of pressure, but they did a great job mixing up the coverages and keeping everything in front of them. After a stellar start, Cam Newton had easily the worst game of the season, turning the ball over and making poor decisions and reads.

Defensively, the Panthers were frustrated by Tony Romo's feet and mobilty in the pocket. Romo moved the pocket and scampered for yards when needed. This led to him being able to find pockets down field later in the game.

Carolina is left looking for answers, and must turn it around and in a hurry to have any remote chance of sniffing the playoffs.

GG RynoAid

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I'm having a blast with this defense right now. I feel like you can actually scheme this year as well as control your player manually much easier. I love being DWare

• Like Like x 1