Week 7 Game Summaries, S1

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by IrishBearcat, Aug 4, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

summarizzzin & shit

2. Mad Money Merk

Mad Money Merk aka The G.O.A.T

LV 1 Week 7: UTEP 38 vs. Tulane 20
    Post Interview with Coach Slim Shady
    First of all I'd like to say congrats to UTEP and their coaching staff for a very well played game. Obviously we are very disappointed in taking a loss at home to a division rival. This was a game we need to win but yet we didn't play the full 28 minutes to get it done. We had several opportunities to capitalize on but wasn't able to do so. We went into halftime with a 14-10 lead and came out in the 2nd half flat as hell. UTEP did an outstanding job in the 2nd half out scoring us 28-6. You can turnover the ball 5 times and expect to win. UTEP did a great job taking us out of our game plan. We only had 18 rushing attempts compared to 17 out of 43 passing. We put Ryan Griffin in some tough situations which resulted in him throwing 5 interceptions. Our defense didn't stop the run and gave up too many big passing plays. All in all we stunk it up out there. We'll learn from this loss and adjust because our schedule gets even tougher with 5 back to back conference games. Our goal is still set on getting to the conference finals, so make no mistake about it, Tulane will be no push over these next several games. Our championship run starts NOW!

3. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

ECU 25 Memphis 23 (Even though it won't be reflected that way)

The score was 17-15, ECU, ECU had the ball at the 46 yard line (across the 50) with 4:52 left in the ball game on 1st and 20th and it disconnected Fuzzy.

We played the difference in 1qrter on a restart which made it 24 - 21.

Thats two losses of 7pts or less to highly rated teams. Given time and talent Memphis will be a force to be reckon with. It sucks when 3/4 of my team is rated below a 70 OVR.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

UCF loses to SMU 29-14. I throw an 80 pass only to fumble the ball into the endzone for a touchback. That game absolutely sucked.

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UTEP vs Tulane

Tulane's quick passing attacks in the flats were killing UTEP's Mediocre secondary and after we made our adjustments after the second half Tulane couldn't get anything done. We are down 14-10 at halftime and after the second half we were a different team who played aggressive. Carson Meger threw for 2 TD's and 1 INT for 196 yards and Joe Baynard rushed for 113 yards and rushed for 3 TD's. UTEP came back and showed the C-USA we are not going to go down lightly. UTEP wins this one 38-20 and take on IrishBearcat's former lousy CSU squad :D

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

UofCWildcat , I plan on seeing you again in Dallas for the C-USA championship game.

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

these nuts

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Please do. That was the best game i've played this year. I'd love to give you another dose this season! Haha. Game Summary coming up soon

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

SMU played host to the Golden Knights of UCF. It was a bright afternoon and eager fans of both teams watched on as both teams looked to take control of the C-USA. Both teams being undefeated had two different story lines. SMU started the season by being blown out by rival Texas A&M. But with the motivation and determination by Coach Lambdin, the Mustangs strung off 4 straight wins going into a bye week and now are here facing the Knights. On the other side of the coin, UCF was having a dream season under Coach Kapono and was undefeated. UCF came out blazing with a 3 and out and then a long drive for a touchdown which is all the action of the first. But in the second, SMU responded by getting a touchdown and then on the next drive stripping the UCF running back. SMU would end up getting a field goal off of that. But UCF would not quit, getting a nice option run in to make the score 14-10 in favor of the Knights. SMU would get a score before half to make it a 17-14 game. After a back and forth third, SMU was the only one to come up with points in a field goal to make it 20-14. There was also a great play showing the girt and determination Coach Lambdin has instilled into his team

UCF was in need of a big play and it looked like the had it. A strong flood play left a WR with a TE blocker in front and another receiver and he was booking it. But backside, a SMU player came to tackle him hoping to just stop him sort of the endzone. Then this happened:

SMU had a big momentum swing back to them and the fourth was all SMU. Between a pick, another fumble late and 9 points, SMU put this baby to bed with a 29-14 win. SMU should now be ranked after beating ranked TCU and ranked UCF. SMU gets Coach Dman next week and the Sothern Miss Golden Eagles.

10. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

[​IMG][​IMG]

Blazers Win Second In A Row

The score was 17-10 in the 3rd quarter during our first attempt when Baker and I had a disconnect. Then we decided to try and replay the game.

Everything was going smoothly, UAB had a 10 point lead going into the 4th, but Baker had to leave suddenly. He told me to take the sim win, so I super simmed the 4th quarter. This is UAB's second consecutive victory, and Coach Lung's first conference win. We hope to take this momentum into next week's Conference-USA game against Coach Kapono and his UCF Knights.

Screen shot 2011-08-05 at 9.31.50 AM.png Screen shot 2011-08-05 at 9.31.56 AM.png

11. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Not so fast my friend...

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Okay Lee Corso

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I forgot to post this:

My response through this play was being pist and shaking my head but then i stripped it and my exact statement was "HELL YEAH!! FUCK YOU BITCH DANCING AROUND LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER!" To which my dad walked in with the most questioning look in his eyes and asks me who i'm yelling at. I then say "This bitch is dancing around and i stripped him at the one to prevent the score." Probably was the funniest thing all day.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Summary...

I think I outplayed Steamer most of the game but McGuffie was killing me on special teams with 2 return TDs. My defense played legit all game. Tried to not kill myself with TOs and it was close.

A big point in the game late, tied, I did something I never do and went for a FG fake inside the redzone and it worked. I was at the 1in mark or so when a penalty pushed me back and eventually forced the FG but I felt i deserved the TD so i gambled. took the lead and make him force to get a TD which he couldnt do

Graham was not hurt at all this game and played fairly well. He has the tools to become a decent starter in time, i just forced him in early