Week 7 Game Summaries, S8

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by fuzzyl0gic, Jun 4, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Do it.

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I couldnt do it

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I could do the new avatar

4. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

steppin up my game. SoCal girl with some Florida twist

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

New Mexico 27
    Utah 17

The game was tied 14-14 i believe in the 2nd when DMan lost his connection. I had the ball going in around the 40 and was getting the ball at half. I wanted to restart but he told me to go ahead and play the CPU. Not the best way to win, but I guess I'll take it. Neither team could run very well the entire game, but the passing games looked good.

New Mexico is now 4-1 and faces the surprisingly 6-0 Wyoming Cowboys next week.

6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

6-1 now but uh I sent you the PM on my status

7. IrishBearcat

#12 COLORADO STATE 38
    TEXAS CHRISTIAN 22

This game was C-R-A-Z-Y, at least in the first half! First drive of the game TCU forced a 3 and out but my gunner forced a fumbled and the other gunner scooped it up quickly. Two plays later my QB tossed a TD on a go route where the Horned Frog safety whiffed on the interception. TCU would respond with a touchdown of their own to tie the game 7-7 all. Orlando Ward was getting the Rams offensive rolling quickly. A deep pass that led to midfield, and the very next one on a corner route for Erik Barnes' 2nd TD of the 1st quarter to give the Rams a 14-7 lead.

This is where things started to get really bizarre. CSU was driving down the field and got inside the 5 yard line. On 3rd and goal QB Orlando Ward was pressured, rolled out, and threw a pass across his body before running out of bounds. A TCU defender tipped up a ball that should have been picked, but then true freshman TE Jerry Thompson dove for the tip and caught it for a touchdown! TCU was picked off on their next offensive play, and Orlando Ward thew ANOTHER TOUCHDOWN! It topped the last one, he was hit and a floater went up in the air to a streak pattern to Erik Barnes. He turned around and came back to the football and caught it on the 2 yard line, broke a tackle running backwards towards the LOS, and turned around and ran into the end zone for his 3rd touchdown catch of the game. CSU added another field goal before half to go up 31-7. Orlando Ward had 4 touchdown passes and 270 yards in the first half, with Barnes having 140+ yards and 3 touchdowns at the break.

The third quarter TCU got a really nice opening drive going. The scored, and attempted the 2 point conversion. On the conversion the TCU back was tackled just behind the endzone, but was dragged down by his facemask, so half the distance to the endzone was penalized. Then TCU false started on the 2nd try. They then decided to kick the FG. This game was just going crazy in every facet! TCU pinned the Rams back to their one yard line just before the quarter ended. On third and 3 from the 8, Ward hit RB Adam Robertson on a screen pass. He would go the distance for a 91 yard touchdown to seal the game.

Up 38-14 entering the 4th, CSU put the offensive in conservative mode. TCU added a touchdown and a 2 point before the contest ended. Colorado State walked out victorious on their home turf 38-22.

8. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Just ridiculous lol I owe u next season!

9. IrishBearcat

Never had a game like that before. There's no doubt things will be crazy in the state of Texas when we come rolling in to face your Horned Frogs.

10. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

It took everything for me not to kick my tv in the face lol

11. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

In the first matchup against Wyoming, Air Force took an early 21-0 lead and forced three TOs. Both coaches agreed to sim it out. Air Force took the win.