Week 7 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Week 7 Game Summaries

Good Luck Everyone

2. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Padron puts the ball in the air 48 times as SMU rolls over Navy

While he was able to keep the interception count to 1, Padron still struggled against a tough Navy defensive squad. Completing less than 20 passes on 48 attempts, Padron threw for just over 250 yards and 3 TD's.

SMU's defense was the anchor in this game, forcing countless turnovers. A fumble recover returned for 6 as well as a late 4th quarter interception for a touchdown sealed the deal as SMU steam rolled a Navy team that put 14 points up in the 4th quarter against a back-up SMU defense and offense.

This game was certainly not as close as the scoreboard suggests. The Mustangs improve to 7-0 and look to move up from their current #18 ranking.

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

This is a great win. The Conference USA title game will have some major implications. Would be a great one to broadcast

4. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Yeah.. the CUSA title will be one amazing game if SMU and Memphis both run the tables.. That's a ways away though.. SMU still has to get past UTEP and Houston =X

5. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

Akron Zips 10
    Ohio Bobcats 36 F

Ohio Bobcats struggled early in the contest against the Zips of Akron but managed to get it together early in the 2nd half to put the contest away late. The defense was lead by a career day by Senior Defensive End Dak Notestine, who tied a NCAA Single-game record with 6 sacks. The offense was lead by the combination of Jackson and Brazill who hooked 7 times with 1 being a 47yd TD.

Offensive Standouts

Ohio Bobcats

QB Boo Jackson
    16/28 247yds 2TD; 2 carries 6yds

HB Joey Inks
    19 carries 113yds 1TD

WR Lavon Brazill
    7rec 147yds 1TD

Akron Zips

QB M. Rodgers
    11/18 137yds 1TD

HB B. Alexander
    15 carries 48yds ; 4rec 34yds 1TD

Defensive Standouts:

Ohio Bobcats

LE Dak Notestine
    9Tkls 6.0 Sacks (Ties NCAA Single-game record)

MLB Noah Keller
    5Tkls

Akron Zips

SS B. Wagner
    7Tkls

***Special Teams standout***
    Ohio Bobcats PK Matt Weller was 5 of 5 FG, long of 48yds, 3 of 3 XP

Our reporters talked with Coach Garrison after the game and this is what he had to say:

"Well, the 1st half of this game was something I'd like to forget but we seemed to get our heads together in the 2nd half and put another W on the board. We just have to keep going out here and taking care of business week in and week out. Next week is no different than the next as far as preparation goes we just have to make sure we taking it one game at a time. I know it sounds very cliche but that;s the gospel I've been trying to preach here from day one in the spring and that's our mindset!"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Final Score:
    UTEP 21 - UAB 17

The Miner's got all they could handle from a less then stellar UAB team. It was a back and forth game for much of the first half as UTEP went into the locker room at half trailing 7 to 14. The Miner's could not seem to get enough pressure on UAB's mobile QB as he seemed to pick them apart at will and was able to beat him with his feet a few times in the first half. The second half was a different score. UTEP put up 14 points late in the 3rd quarter. One of those two scores coming from a pick six by DB B. Miller who took the lazy hitch pass 24 yards to pay dirt. The game was all but over in the 4th quarter when UTEP's ball control offense seem to run the ball where ever and when ever they wanted. Donald Buckram had another solid game for the Miner's as he pushed his way to the top of the NCAA rushing charts.

Offensive Player of the Game:
    -Donald Buckram: 21 rushes- 99 yards- TD

Defensive Player of the Game:

-A. Marrow: 7 total tackles- 2 TFL- 1.5 sacks- 2 pass deflections

7. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Aztecs Stay Perfect

The San Diego State Aztecs had no trouble disposing of conference foe, Air Force. The Aztecs took the lead in the first quarter and never looked back. The offense was lead by Ryan Lindley who threw for 384 yards and 5 TD, while Doug Deakin caught 5 balls for 141 yards and 2 TD and Walter Kazee carried the ball 22 times for 129 yards and 2 TD. "Our offense could do no wrong today," said Coach E, "We held onto the ball and didn't make silly mistakes, things are starting to come together.

The defensive side of the ball was even better than that of the offense. The Aztecs forced 5 turnovers, including 4 interceptions, 2 of which came from cornerback Jose Perez. San Diego State also sacked Air Force quarterback Tim Jefferson 4 times on the day. On another note, BJ Williams recorded his 11th sack of the season which ranks him 2nd in the NCAA. "Our defense has been impenetrable," said Coach E, "However, we need to stay focused, we have some big conference games coming up against ranked teams." The Aztecs amazingly recorded 3 touchdowns in 20 seconds, including a touchdown pass, interception for a TD, and a fumble recovery for a TD.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Watch the Aztecs next week as they take on a tough conference opponent in New Mexico.

The final score in San Diego today: San Diego State Aztecs 66 (6-0) vs. Air Force Academy 13 (2-5)

8. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

USM 28
    Vs
    Memphis 56

The black and blue game winner is Memphis as the tigers beat USM black and blue. USM's D was no match for this Tiger offense. Memphis RB Lance Smith rushed for over 200 yrds and 2 tds. Heisman hopefull Markus Rucker caught 6 passes for 146 yrds and 2 tds. Memphis D held USM to just 35 yrds on the ground.

Memphis Southern Miss
    1st Downs 32 24
    3rd down efficiency 45.45 30.77
    4th down efficiency 0 0
    Total Yards 744 494
    Passing 315 359
    Completion Attempts 19 - 33 17 - 32
    Yards Per Pass 9.55 11.22
    Rushing Yrds 324 35
    Rushing Attempts 32 24
    Yards Per Rush 10.13 1.46
    Turnovers 1 1
    Fumbles Lost 1 0
    Interceptions Thrown 0 1
    Possession 17:47 12:57

[​IMG]

9. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

FIU (56) @ North Texas (25)

The Golden Panthers moved to 2-0 in conference play with a big win against North Texas, over the weekend. We caught up with Coach Stewart after the game.

"I know the score doesn't show it, but we did not play well today. Our defense gave up way too many big plays, and our offense turned the ball over way to much today. However there are some postives, that we responded well and executed when we needed to. We also were able to get some of our younger players in for a couple of series at the end of the game which was nice, as we hadn't been able to do that this year. We're moving right along in our season, and we're looking forward to our game next week".

FIU/NT
    Score 56/25
    First Downs 13/12
    Total Offense 451/338
    Rushes(attempts-yards-td)24-231-2/32-91-1
    Passing(comp-attempts-td)13-24-4/15-31-2
    Passing Yards 220-247
    3rd Down Conv 57%/35%
    Turnovers 4/3
    Fumbles 1/0
    Interceptions 3/3
    TOP 17:41/15:33

10. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Red Wolves Fall

After weeks of fumbles, dropped passes and below standard offensive outings by the Red Wolves their defense could no longer salvage the win. On Saturday the Red Wolves traveled to Indiana to play the Hoosiers. It was a slugfest throughout the game but costly turnovers sealed the fate of the Red Wolves. Down by 6 late in the 4th quarter the Red Wolves were in the red zone threatening. However good defense by the Hoosiers prevailed as the Hoosiers intercepted a potential touchdown pass to seal the win. The Red Wolves drop to 5-2 overall. FAU travels to Jonesboro to take on the Red Wolves next week.

As Coach Sabo was leaving he had this to say "We got out played today. We made alot of little mistakes that came back to bite us. I have a young group of guys and we will recover from this loss and get back on the winning track.

Final
    Indiana 31
    Arkansas State 17

11. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

Tough Loss Coach but your guys will bounce back...and at least it wasn't a conference game.

12. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

yea i just gotta get my guys some glue for their hands, the dropped passes kill me lol. Gotta get back on track so i can hopefully sneak into a bowl. I dunno how much credit the bowl guys will give me.

13. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Nevada Grounds High-Flying Hawaii to the Tune of 38-10​

The story of the season has been Nevada's stout bend-but-don't-break defense. Playing against a pass-happy Hawaii team, Nevada allowed numerous yards through the air, but allowed only 10 points while forcing 4 turnovers along the way. "Our guys are ready. Anything less than winning this conference will be a failure. We worked hard and will continue to do so until the final whistle of the season," said Dontay Moch. Moch definitely had a hand in the game with a sack, an interception, and constantly putting pressure on the QB.

Going up 7-3 after the first quarter, Nevada put the clamps down on Hawaii in the second quarter. Via Taua ran for a 14 yard touchdown and then proceeded to catch a 40 yard pass from Kaepernick. Add in another field goal for Nevada with no time left and the Wolf Pack was up 24-3 at halftime.

Rodney Bradley made an athletic catch for a 47 yard touchdown as Hawaii tried to get themselves back in the game. However, Taua responded with two more touchdowns in the 4th quarter to put things out of reach. Quietly, Taua is putting up very impressive numbers, rushing for over 1000 yards and accumulating over 15 touchdowns both on the ground and through the air. "I have been blessed with great teammates and amazing fans. These guys keep me going every day. There's a lot more to do so I am not going to pat myself on the back just yet," said Taua.

Kaepernick Rolls to His Right for the Strike
    [YOUTUBE]ZhE-pyWJ4Ng[/YOUTUBE]

Dontay Moch with the Pick
    [YOUTUBE]d46o8TTvVUo[/YOUTUBE]

Dontay Moch Brings Down the QB
    [YOUTUBE]-QpBYF3LO3g[/YOUTUBE]

Kaepernick Drops the Ball off to Taua
    [YOUTUBE]juQZO33dTQk[/YOUTUBE]

14. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

Great write-up's NRG and Sabo..

Man Sabo, tough loss bro! I have no doubt you guys are going to demolish the next team you play though...

NRG, You guys are whooping some butt!

15. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Great write up guys! The majority of the league has been killing it so far. A bunch of unbeaten teams and with some recruiting hopefully the rest will catch up next season.

One a side note. Have we talked about bumping up the difficulty for bowl games and next season?

16. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

There was discussion of implementing sliders, which definitely needs to be done.

We shouldn't have heisman hopefuls yet really... And none of us should be undefeated :D

17. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Thanks for the kind words, Trust! I was looking at the stats and teams like Nevada, SMU, Memphis and UTEP have been putting up monster offensive numbers so far! Anyways, good luck with SMU's run up the rankings...I certainly hope that Padron doesn't get injured, because he has been a horse for ya!

18. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

As for recruiting...I am nervous as heck right now. Kaepernick and Taua are both gone next year and I am losing a lot of seniors...and I am fighting tooth and nail just to get some commits right now. ARGHHHH

19. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

In previous versions I would focus on 20 recruits at a time, giving each of them 30 minutes per week.. That doesn't work this year.. I did that my first year in my offline dynasty as boise st and landed ONE recruit all year.

Now I focus on 10 guys, giving them an hour each... I'm signing guys left and right.