Week 7: Giants (27) - Cowboys (10)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by saintsdave75, Sep 23, 2010.

1. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Week 7: Giants (27) - Cowboys (10)

GIANTS GET BIG WIN HEADING INTO THE BYE WEEK

The Giants went up early in this division match-up and never looked back. the story of the game was injuries to the Cowboys. On the first series, LB DeMarcus Ware would be sidelined with a partial PCL tear, which will keep him out of action for 6 weeks. The opening drive would be capped of with a 26 yd Ahmad Bradshaw TD run.

Both teams would swap FG's and Eli Manning would hit Steve Smith for his only catch of the day on a 14 yd TD strike to close out first half scoring with the Giants up 17-3.

The second half would be dominated by the Giant defense, highlighted by Kenny Phillips 67 yd interception return for a TD in the 3rd quarter, his first of 2 picks on the day. The giants would add another FG and Dallas would later score on a Tony Romo to Sam Hurd 7 yard tD pass in the 4th quarter. The final score Giants 27, Cowboys 10.

Key Stats:

Passing
    E. Manning- 12/14, 193 yds, 1 TDs
    M. Stafford- 21/41, 311 yds, 1 TD, 3 INTs

Rushing
    A. Bradshaw- 10 carries, 46 yds, 1 TD
    B. Jacobs- 10 carries, 35 yds
    M. Barber- 8 carries, 25 yds

Receiving
    L. Fitzgerald- 5 catches, 83 yds
    M. Manningham- 3 catches, 61 yds
    J. Witten- 7 catches, 107 yds
    M. Austin- 2 catches, 65 yds
    K. Ogletree- 4 catches, 62 yds
    D. Bryant- 5 catches, 59 yds

Next week, the Giants are off and return in week 9 to play on the road at Seattle. Good game to Coach Wajomatik, the first in what is sure to be a great division rivalry

2. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

SaintsDave, did you use a Game Genie or something? haha

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, this score gives me some hope. Kick some ass and chew some bubble gum, Dave!

Just make sure you don't EVER have bubble gum.

4. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

HAHAHA

5. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

GG Dave, the tone was set on my first offensive series when you murdered Felix Jones causing that fumble, I never recovered from that. Then when Ware went out it took all the heart out of my defense. The throws you were making were stupid crazy, wtf bro have you been sandbagging this whole time. I could never get you off the field on 3rd downs, just a bad day for the entire Cowboys organization. After the game I could only think of two words, Beat Down. See you in NY.