Week 7 Jacksonville Jaguars vs Oakland Raiders

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kidofcrash23, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Raiders Take Down Undefeated Jaguars 23-10

[​IMG]

Coming off a big win against the Falcons last week following a two game losing streak, the Raiders look to continue on the winning side against the Jaguars who came in 5-0 for the season. With one of the top defenses and a good running game, this game was expected to be a ball possession game as opposed to a high offense and high scoring game the Raiders are used to. As the game played out, the game was exactly that.

The Raiders jumped on the Jaguars first by scoring the first 20 points of the game. McFadden who has been having a huge year broke a 61 yard TD run on the Raiders first possession to give the Raiders an early lead. The Jags offense continued to stall for most of the first half and the Raiders took advantage by adding two FGs and another TD run by Mcfadden. With the score 20-0 right before the half, the Jags hoped to get into scoring position to get on the board before the half, but started deep on their own territory. The Jags got right back into with Gabbert hitting Thomas for an 80 yard score with 18 seconds left in the 1st half and all of a sudden, it was 20-7 at half.

In the 2nd half, the Jaguars took their first possession and ate up most of the 3rd quarter and put together a great drive, but the Raider defense held and forced a FG attempt making the game 20-10. Throughout the game, the Jags had trouble with the running game and relied on the passing, but three INTs by Gabbert hurt a couple of scoring chances. The Raiders added another FG and never looked back and took the 23-10 win against the Jags.

GG Boom29

2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I really wish the jags stayed undefeated!

3. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I really wish the Chargers throw six picks every game through the end of the season

4. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

We only do that against the raiders!

5. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Your defense had me buffled the entire first half. You jumped on every one of my passes and MJD just couldn't get it going. I was able to adjust a bit in the second half, but the 20 point gap was too much to overcome. The turnovers didn't help, especially considering two of them were in your half of the field, but had a lot to do with your defense.

Your offense was consistent and after the first drive, I was in "contain DMC mode."