Week 7: Jaguars 44, Chiefs 28

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Week 7: Jaguars 44, Chiefs 28

Jags Almost Fumble Game Away - Jones Drew Saves Day​

[​IMG]
    Maurice Jones-Drew escapes tacklers during a 4th quarter touchdown run.

By Harry Stone, Jacksonville P-I

September 21, 2010

Kansas City, MO- It was the third quarter and the Jacksonville defense was dominating the game, allowing only 60 yards of total offense from the Kansas City Chiefs and no points. Their team was up 27-0

Then things began to fall apart for the rest of the Jaguars.

The kickoff coverage unit didn't follow assignments and Jamaal Charles ran back the kick for a touchdown. 27-7.

On the next series the normally rock solid Maurice Jones-Drew fumbled the ball and it was returned for a score. 27-14.

The ensuing kickoff was equally disasterous for the Jaguars when Troy Williamson fumbled and it was also returned for a touchdown. 27-21.

In the span of less than two minutes the Jaguars had gone from coasting to their seventh win of the season to fightnig for their lives on the road in a hostile environment.

"I've never seen anything like it," said Jaguars Coach Dunlap after the game. "I just got done giving a butt chewing in (the locker room). Our defense didn't deserve that. They were playing as well as they had all year long. I am extremely disappointed in how we closed out this ball game."

But close it out the Jaguars would indeed do. Josh Scobee would make his third field goal from longer than 45 yards.

Jamaal Charles would again flash his magic by catching a pass and running 60 yards to the end zone to make it 30-28 with just less than 4:00 to play.

Then it was Marice Jones-Drew's turn. On a normal strech play right, he shimmied his way through a barrage of blitzing Chiefs unscathed and then won a long footrace to the end zone to score the back breaking touchdown.

Safety Reggie Nelson would intercept a Brody Croyle pass and take it back for another score to make it a final of 44-28.

Jones-Drew continued his impressive early season with 223 yards and 3 touchdowns to lead Jacksonville.

The Jaguars (7-0) remain undefeated heading into their bye week.

2. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

That's a very accurate write-up. I need to call better passing plays when the running game isn't working. Good Game Dunlap. I need to play better against the elite owners in the league and that's the bottom line.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

lol....I need to just play better. :)