Week 7: Lynch Punishes Seahawks, But Seattle Escapes With The Win

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by LtJustice, Sep 27, 2013.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

The Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals, despite being division rivals in the NFC West, made a huge splash just before this season as they pulled the trigger on what some have called the blockbuster of all blockbuster trades. The Seahawks sent all-pro running back Marshawn Lynch and Pro Bowl cornerback Brandon Browner to the desert in exchange for young all-pro cornerback Patrick Peterson. While Browner did not play due to injury, both Lynch and Peterson made an impact against their former teams.

Peterson put an end to Arizona's opening drive with an interception of a Michael Vick pass. Seattle would capitalize on the turnover with a field goal, to take an early 3-0 lead.

Lynch would play like a man possessed against his former team, as he racked up over 150 yards combined and scored twice on the day.

With some great plays from both sides, the Seahawks edged out the feisty Cardinals 20-17 in this primetime Thursday night game.

The play of the game came in the closing seconds of the first half. Arizona had just scored a field goal to tie the game at 10 going into the half. With only 4 seconds on the clock, the kickoff seemed to be just a formality to the teams heading to their respective locker rooms. The Seahawks however, having used a timeout just before the Arizona field goal, just wanted to give their guy a shot. Seattle returner Percy Harvin took the kick just inside his own endzone and juked his way through the mass of defenders closing in on him, before racing up the sideline for a 102-yard touchdown and a 17-10 Seattle lead going into the half.

Arizona would close within a field goal in the 2nd half, but a late field goal attempt to tie it would fall short.

The Cardinals proved that they were a much better team than their 1-6 record would seem to indicate. The Seahawks improved to 6-1, despite a subpar game on both sides of the ball. Seahawks owner Jim Luby was quoted as saying; "I am more proud of winning a game like this, that we had no business winning, than in blowing out an opponent."

Great game Mike, looking forward to the rematch!
    Miki1369

• Like Like x 2
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

wow that return is a heartbreaker

• Like Like x 2
  3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Special teams win (or lose) games! Thx for the highlights, Jim!

• Like Like x 2
  4. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Squib, squib, squib!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

:23 seconds Peterson Payback

:32 52 yard field goal LtJustice nice kick, do you mess with the height level meter at all or leave it where it was...also do you know apx. what your kicker's power rating is?

1:31 Skittles gets his trade revenge

3:52 I don't know how Vick got rid of that ball

4:04 Sherman putting someone on a cart

5:04 Helluva run back...I thought you had it all the way to the left side...you took it to the right and still ran it back...damn

GG GUYS Great vid

• Like Like x 2
  6. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Thanks Michael, love the analysis.

I also don't know how Vick got rid of that ball at 3:52!

I always aim the arrow down and take all the loft out of the ball on long kicks like that. Hauschka has 94 KPW.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I do the same Michael Overman.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Great game Jim and great video recap...

oh that kick returned killed me... I almost kicked out of bounds because u had taken the previews one to the house too but that penalty brought it back. I was like there is only :04 left let me kicked it out bounds but i did not and it cost me the game.

I have to get me one of these recording devices this video was tight.

Looking forward to the re-match.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Miki1369 u played a hell of a game!
    GG to you both

• Like Like x 2