Week 7 Now Open. Deadline = January 6, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Roadhouse, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Week 7 Now Open

Deadline = January 6, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

GBN v. GBN =

Akron (DJ) @ Miami (Roadhouse)

Bowling Green (Sox) @ Buffalo (mikedredd)

Scheduling threads up shortly...

2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

The crown has been passed. All Hail Commish Roady!!!

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Aww hell to the no!

I'm just acting like Manny Mota and pinch hitting for the boss. Although I did edit his recruiting board and spent all his time on 1 star punters. :D

4. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

There was an energy in Oxford that hasn't been since since 2003, when Big Ben had his last waitress hunt. Dat U is 5-0 with a chance to be bowl eligible for the first time in this Dynsaty. And for their Homecoming opponent, The Redhawks would face the rebuilding Akron Zips (1-4), coming off a huge win vs. Buffalo.

The crowd was electric, and they made their presence felt early. Zach D'Orazio threw interceptions the first two Akron possesions. Each time, Akron was moving the ball, and each time it lead to a Miami touchdown. With the early lead, Miami just leaned on their Heisman candidate, DaQuan Hargrett.

Hargrett rolled for 141 yards on 26 carries, and two touchdowns. His production came in bursts, because the Zips were often getting penetration in the backfield. Senior QB, Austin Boucher, played his best game thus far. He went 12-13 for a 157 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs as Miami rolled to a 31-7 win.

Miami also got notable contributions from TE Glenn Beck (5 catches), MLB Charlie Daniels (6 tkls), and K Justin Timberlake who squeaked a 44 yard FG just over the crossbar.

You guys should check the stats, because they are nearly dead-even. It was a good game, that should have been much closer. Akron's three INTs gave the Redhawks short fields and just too much opportunity. But our rushing yards are nearly equal, as are the passing yards.

GG DJ. You're on your way with those boys, you just caught a hot team with all the momentum.

5. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

i agree... them turnovers in the short field cost me. Still fun game, and good luck the rest of the season!

6. Proof21

Proof21 Walk On

Now THAT is what I like to hear! :bunny:

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

C dub. If needed I can pinch hit again today around noon.

8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

9. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Watch out boys dat u train is full steam ahead

Bowling Green.....27
    Buffalo..............6

10. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Lol. It's full of something alright.

11. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I'm on my way back home should be able to get back up and running by 7 pm tonight.

12. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Thanks Roady for runnin' the show while I was AWOL.

The Commish returns from vacation to fall behind 35-7 at the half @ BYU. However, the Frosh continued to build his fame at Kent St. which is becoming legendary. Williams led a WILD comeback as Kent St. finished the miraculous comeback winning in Triple OT 48-42.