Week 7 Recaps

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Ian Moss, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Ian Moss

Ian Moss Walk On

Apr 15, 2012
    Maryland stuns Virginia 35-20!!!
    Charlotesville,Virginia-- In the most remarkable win in Coach Moss career the Terps rally from giving up 17 first quarter points to scoring 28 points in the second and third quarter to knock off the Cavaliers this Saturday 35-20 in front of a stunned Cavalier crowd.
    Maryland came out of the blocks struggling in the first quarter offensively and couldn't stop the Virginia offense in the first quarter as Virginia scored on there first drive of the game to make it 7-0 and then intercepted Maryland quarterback Chris Schultz and had a short field to work with and scored again to make it 14-0 Cavaliers a late first quarter field goal and the Terps were down a quick 17-0 to end the first quarter.
    The second quarter came and the Terps defense came alive stopping the Virginia offense on a 3 and out and the Terps would turn the reigns over to CJ Brown who was second on the depth chart behind Schutz after the Temple game but came in and a game of his college career. He threw a 61 yard halfback pass to player of the game Justus Pickett for the first score of the game and Maryland would get the ball back and score on a Justus Pickett 44 yard run late in the quarter to go in to the locker room down 17-14.
    The third quarter would come and another 3 and out by the Terps defense and the Terps would turn to Pickett for another touchdown run of 53 yards to give the Terps the lead but the Cavaliers would kick a field goal to make 21-20 Terps but the Terps scored again on a 8 yard touchdown catch by Tight End Matt Frustenberg. Terps led 28-20 going into the fourth
    In the fourth quarter it went back and forth but on 3rd and 14 CJ Brown would throw a 47 yard strike down the left side line to Kerry Boykins for the final nail to make it 35-20 Terps. Virginia would try to score late in the game but fumbled in the end zone to be recovered by cornerback Eric Franklin. Final score Terps 35-20!! We spoke to Coach Moss after this one.
    "We dug ourselves a mighty big hole but our kids never gave up and made some adjustments and I know that bringing CJ off the bench gave our team a spark and would rally around him and our team rallied around each other every play of the game. What could you say about Justus the guy is Mr. Intensity for us he brings it every game and probably played his best game of his career today. He runs for 133 yards and two touchdowns and catches another one. One word for that AMAZING!!!"
    Back home to play the #25 ranked Wolfpack of North Carolina State at home next week. It will be a challenge for the kids to play another top #25 team. Just like West Virginia they be better ready to play four quarters and bring everything they got in this one.
    BREAKING NEWS--- Coach Moss has announced that CJ Brown will be the starter for the game against North Carolina State.
    Side Note--- If it shows I had a restart I apologize I was going to let my dog outside got off my couch with the controller in my hand tripped over the coffee table end and crushed the controller so I had to go buy a new one and had to resync the controller and tried to start where I left off but it wouldn't let me plus my internet took a dump too as I saw a red light on my wireless router needless to say after talking to AT&T for over an hour about the problem it was on there and they fixed it. Crazy way to play a game.

2. MZizzle2

MZizzle2 Fresh Ta Def

Jul 13, 2010
    The Bridgford to Allen Show Too Much For Washington State
    BERKELEY, CA-The Golden Bears had a disappointing showdown with state rival UCLA last week. The team stressed all week how determined they were to get back to their winning ways. Keenan Allen especially wanted to come out and take out his anger from last week on the Washington State defense and did he ever. Cal received the ball first and after three minutes, Bridgford found Sofele on a screen pass and Sofele took it 73 yards for a touchdown, the Golden Bears were off to a good start. Washington State responded with a score of their own, but after that it was seventeen straight points from Cal. Sofele added a touchdown on the ground and Bridgford found Allen on a fifty yard touchdown pass. The Golden Bears were in firm control up 24-7 at the half. The second half was more of the same as Keenan Allen could not be stopped and scored two more touchdowns, one from 3 yards out and one from 68 yards. WSU put ten more points on the board, but the game was over at that point. The final score was 38-17 and Cal definitely sent a statement that last week was not a sign of bad things to come, but a fluke.​
    Player of the Game: Allan Bridgford-16/33 352 Yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT
  3. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Jul 5, 2012
    Rebels Tame the Tigers, Pickup 1st Conference Win!

One week after losing a heart-breaker to SEC-newcomer #18 Texas A&M, Ole Miss manhandled the Auburn Tigers 20 - 7 to improve to 1 - 2 in the conference and 2 - 4 overall. Leading 7 - 0 in the 1st Quarter, after a pick-six by CB Nickolas Brassell, the Rebels looked to open their lead to two touchdowns when WR Donte Moncrief caught a deep pass and got behind the defense. Unfortunately, more bad luck struck the Rebels as Moncrief was caught from behind and fumbled at the 1 and the Tigers converted their next drive into a game-tying touchdown. However, Ole Miss would not suffer the same fate as last week as the defense held strong the rest of the game and didn't give up a single point. Auburn was held to 93 passing yards and converted no 3rd downs on 8 tries. For the Rebels, HB Jeff Scott had a nice afternoon with 133 yards on 22 carries. Next week, Ole Miss faces off against the undefeated UCLA Bruins from the PAC-12.
    ScreenHunter_249 Aug. 14 09.05.jpg
    ScreenHunter_250 Aug. 14 09.05.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012